"Failed to open config key" when installing 4.0.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Failed to open config key" when installing 4.0.3

When trying to install 4.0.3 I get the SPTD setup error message "Failed to oped config key" after the "This program will install SCSI Pass..." message.

Steps I took to get this:
    Run 4.0.3 install
    Used installer to uninstall 3.47, installer closed
    Ran installer again, restarted comp to continue install
    Ran installer again, it did not start automatically.
    Accepted agreement and clicked ok for SPTD Setup info message.
    Received "Failed to oped config key"(yes oped not open)

Operating System: WinXP Pro(fully updated)
    Burning Software: Nero 6.X
    Anti-Virus/Spyware: AVG, MS Antispyware(beta), Spybot
    DAEMON Tools Version: 4.0.3 X86

Things I've tried to fix:
    Ran starforce removale program from here:
    Full information about Starforce Protection Driver and StarForce driver removal

I never got 4.0 to work. I tried many suggestions and fixes all over this forum, such as uninstalling DT manually, registery fixes, starforce removale, ect... DT 3.47 runs great. Hope this was enough info!

<3 DT

-Bob

Got it to work! I went through all the steps that didn't work with me in 4.0 and this time they worked. I installed in safemode without loading SPTD drivers(hit esc). Restarted back into safemode continued with installation and everything just worked after that.

Comment

I have this problem too,but error is "failed to opend config key!"
      If anyone has a fix please tell me

Comment

Problem with SPTD installation

I try to install daemon tools 4.03 but there is a problem with SPTD instalation all the time. The mesagge "fail to open config key" comes out (I don't have SCSI discs). What is it and what to do??

Comment

cannot install daemon403-x86

I tried every suggestions on the forum but still get the same error "failed to oped config key" after the reboot.

Got problem when removing Alchool 120% and previous Daemon so I did it manually.
          Pnp Bios Extension has a yellow mark, cannot remove it (freeze the computer), removed manually the reg key
          Removed the sptd.sys in save mode, restarted and relaunched install. Reboot as asked still the same message (sptd.sys is recreated).

Next step: reinstall Windows or if U have any suggestions
          Thanks,
          Stef.

Comment

so how you do it?, i recently had to do a repair install of xp and upon reboot , dtools would not work, wouldn't uninstall and get the same error as you upon a new install & i cannot fix it .....help

Comment

Red_Mist, please post only once. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.
              "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

This works for me

Hi,

the solution in this thread worked for me:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/show...ed+open+config

Boot in safe mode, start "sptdinst_x86 remove" in a command window, reboot normal and install daemon tools.

RaWi

Comment

Same problem here

Windows xp home (sp2) just repaired.
                  no alcohol or any other products like that.

I tried to disable my NAV/NIS but it still said "Failed to open config key"

Tried to boot into safe mode, still the same problem.

Any ideas at all?

(3.XX versions still works, so i'm cool for a while, but i'd really like to be able to install 4.03)

EDIT:

Ok, i finally got it working, here's what I did:

1. Reboot windows into safemode with command console (might also work with just safe mode).
                  During boot into this safe mode there appars two things that you can stop from loading by pressing ESC.
                  The first is a file named d3-something. This file is totally ok, so let it load.
                  Then comes a file named SPTD something. This is where you press ESC to keep it from loading.

2. Now you can use the console to install the sptdinst_xXX.exe file with "sptdinst add" command.

3. Now just reboot into normal mode again and the installation should work.

note: you might get a message that your current 3.XX version cant find the virtual drives, this is ok however since your gonna need to uninstall your 3.XX version.
                  Last edited by drakvakt; 19.01.2006, 22:47.

Comment

test

Hello,
                    I have a problem during the installation of "Daemon Tools 4.03", the installation stops and I have this message:

Can you help me please ? Thank you in advance.
                    The older versions worked.

PS: I don't speak English very well so I couldn't understand certain explanations on the forum.

Comment

I solved the problem yesterday:
                      1. I've downloaded SPTDinst
                      2. I've booted in safe mode
                      3. I've run SPTDinst remove
                      4. I've run SPTDinst add
                      5. I've booted in normal mode
                      6. I've installed DT 3.47
                      7. I've updated DT 3.47 to DT 4.03

And now it's work very well ! Thank you ! DT is a very good program

Comment

SPTD Driver won't install

Hi,
                        I've tried serveral versions of DT ... but everytime I try to install the installation fails at the early point of the SPTD installation ... I just get the message: "Failed to oped config key"

I once had a version of DT running ... but it crashed and so I deinstalled it ... well I tried ... when I want to deinstall I get the message: "Setup is unable to validate installation"

what shall I do ... any suggestions??
                        thanks a lot

Comment

Download the SPTD Setup:

Start in Safe Mode (press F8 at startup), remove the sptd driver (http://www2.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t68...h-sptdsys.html)
                          Install the sptd driver with the setup, restart in normal mode and try to install DT again.
                          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

install daemon 4.03he 32 bit

error : Failed to oped config key.
                            sptd setup v1.24 duplex secure.....

???????????????

Comment

A question about installing daemon tools 4.03

I'm a chinese,and are not good at English.I wish you can realize what I've said.
                              My computer can use "DAEMON TOOLS 3.47",but when I want to install 4.03,the operating system says "This program will install SCSI Pass Through direct (SPTD) layer on your computer.WARNING-SPTD is not compatible with kernel mode debuggers (SoftICE, WinDBG etc.)! Please cancel setup if you plan to use kernel debugger on this machine.",but after I chose
                              "确认"(means I agree),and then it says(Failed to oped config key),and only have "确认"(agree) to choose,after choosing it ,the process of installment closed,failed to install.
                              How to solve the problem?
                              Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                              X