Unable to install 4.03 x86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to install 4.03 x86

Well I have 4.0 x86 installed and I try to upgrade to 4.03 x86 .
    The system is Windows XP Pro SP2.

After I get STPD install message and click "OK" I almost immideatly get ""System file write error" (with "STPD setup V1.24 (C) 2004-2005 Duplex Secure Ltd." on top of the message box and everything exits.

I have Nero 6 installed , Daemon TOOLs 4.0 , Visual Studio 2003 and I do have MS Windows 2003 DDK installed but I am not using it.

First unistall dt 4.00 then install 4.03. Now should work:wink:
    All living things must come to an end And all man's creations crumble That is the law of the samurai

Comment

I have uninstall 4.00 and when i install 4.03 there is a error after SPTD setup V1.24:

System file write error.

Comment

Obviously setup cannot create file in System32\Drivers folder.

Comment

How do we fix this error?

Comment

Help...

I got this error after letting daemon-tools "Update" my copy of v4

The installer said it was uninstalling daemon tools and then it started this.

http://www.zigzap.net/crash/Crash.html

If anyone has a fix or work around please let me know.

Comment

Here is what I did. First I uninstalled Dtools 4.0 then Alcohol120% Also. I then did a manual uninstall of A120% and Dtool drivers. I then also removed the SPTD driver. Then D4.03 installed fine, and after that so did A120%.

For those worried about these instructions. They are taken directly from the help FAQ of the A120% homepage and the dtools homepage. If you wish to check

To manually remove Alcohol, please adopt following steps:
              1.run "regedit"
              2.Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Uninstall\{E9F81423-211E-46B6-9AE0-38568BC5CF6F}", then delete that.
              3.Find "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\32418F9EE112 6B64A90E8365B85CFCF6", then delete that.

Then to remove Alcohol driver you need to start Regedit then go to HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es here you should find the Keys for the Alcohol Driver in version 1.9.2.1705, 1.9.5.2722 or 1.9.5.2802 a347scsi and a347bus, or in version 1.9.5.3105 vax347s and vax347b, delete these Keys and remove corresponding files from Windows\System32\Drivers folder.

Re boot your PC.

-----------------------------------

UNINSTALLATION (Recommended):

Click Start
              Select Settings
              Click Control Panel
              Double-click on Add/Remove Programs
              Scroll and click on DAEMON Tools
              Click Remove
              UNINSTALLATION (Manual):

Enter device manager
              In Windows 9x/ME, right-click on My Computer, and click Device Manager
              In Windows NT/2000/XP, click Start, click Run, type devmgmt.msc, and click OK
              Goto the System section
              Delete 'PnP BIOS Extension' - If you unsure whether to delete it, goto the driver tab and click driver details, then check the version of the driver (should be same version as your DAEMON Tools)
              Reboot your computer
              Follow UNINSTALLATION (Recommended)

--------------------------------------
              1. Boot in safe mode and press ESC key when you see on bottom line of display:
              "Press ESC to cancel loading SPTD.sys". This will abort loading of SPTD layer.

2. Remove or temporarily rename WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys.

3. Reboot again in normal mode and check if your issue is solved.
              Last edited by Anach; 05.01.2006, 14:08.

Comment

x64

i am also having this problem, but with the x64 version. happened after uninstalling 4.0 and now will not install and give that error message. tried restarting. didn't work. i dunno. it's 3:30AM. goodnight

Comment

To get around the "system file write error," all I had to do was remove windows\system32\drivers\sptd.sys, reboot, and then install 4.03.

Comment

I have same problem ( "system file write error," ) at Windows XP 64-bit
                    And i doesn't have Alcohole *% installed and file windows\system32\drivers\sptd.sys (or windows\system64\drivers\sptd.sys) not exist in my system
                    Also StartForce drivers (old or new file names) not installed at my system.

I think problem with DT 4.03 not related in general to existing some problematic drivers or programs

Comment

I dont think the daemon tool cant write into the folder "windows/system32/drivers/"
                      cause I removed the sptd.sys before I install daemon tool,
                      then reboot system
                      after that, I checked the the folder "windows/system32/drivers/", there was no sptd.sys in it. then I double clicked daemon tool v.403, this time worked, and ask me to reboot. before I clicked "ok", I checked the folder again, now there was a sptd.sys in it.
                      I think daemon tool installed that file into the folder.

after reboot, the daemon tool poped up again to continue install.

However this time failed, I got the error message "failed to open config key".

my wild guess is if there is no sptd.sys in the folder, the installer will create one and ask to reboot to continue. but if there is a sptd.sys then i will get error message.

I did another experiement:
                      after the 1st reboot, i went into safe mode and remove the sptd.sys the daemon tool created, and back to normal mode, the daemon tool continued, but this time it asked me to reboot again..............
                      hope this helps!
                      Thank again for all the developers and contributors

Comment

Do you have any errors in System event log from SPTD?
                        Please post binary bytes if any.

Comment

This is my 1st time to find the event log, hope this is right....
                          thx again!
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          Event Type: Error
                          Event Source: sptd
                          Event Category: None
                          Event ID: 4
                          Date: 1/15/2006
                          Time: 10:23:22 PM
                          User: N/A
                          Computer: *******
                          Description:
                          Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
                          Data:
                          0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 52 00 ......R.
                          0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 04 c0 .......А
                          0010: 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
                          0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
                          0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------

Comment

i get this errror when trying to install DT4: "STPD setup V1.24 (C) 2004-2005 Duplex Secure Ltd." and says: This program will install SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD) layer on your computer. WARNING - SPTD is not compatible with kernel mode debuggers (SoftIce, WinDBG etc.)!
                            Please cancel setup if you plan to use kernel debugger on this machine.
                            -------------------
                            I hitted cancel

What should i do?

Comment

Guess u cannont hit cancel if u want to use daemon tool or choose another PC to install this software

Comment

Working...
                              X