aquanox2 and Perimeter mnt images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aquanox2 and Perimeter mnt images

I have been searching, reading, and trying options for this delima for over a week now and would like to know if I should keep trying or anyone knows it's and exersize in futility and I should just quit.
    I purchased both games (aquanox2 and perimeter) for use with my tablet pc (no cd drive) and figured that I could just make an image using nero7 and mnt it using ms virtcd. As I found out (and you know) it didn't work. Since then I have tried every image creation and mounting tool/option that I could find from DMT to alc120 and bw to ********el with no success. It either does nothing or says to insert the original. If I am at home this is no issue as I have the originals and a USB2 drive to run them from. However that is onely about 2% of the time.
    Is there indeed no way to run these two games from an image. I have actualy become quite versed in the use of many of these tools but with no possitive outcome.
    Your response would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

OK, install Alcohol 120% (www.alcohol-software.com).
    Start the image making wizard, choose the securom 4x/5x (the main thing which is required is the dpm option) profile of Alcohol for the CD1 of Aquanox 2. Choose the mds image and press next till the reading starts. Fot the dpm reading speed choose a slow one like 1x, 2x or 4x. If you get an error that you can't read the dpm then download this mds file :
    http://copybase.ch/PHPV2/Database/Dpm.Download/13
    and replace it with your created. Change the name of the downloaded into the name of your image and overwrite your own.
    After you finished reading the CD1 then read the CD2 of Aquanox. The CD2 of Aquanox has no protection so you don't need to enable any extra option like for the cd1 you can enable the skip error option in the first options when you start the image making wizard. Now read the CD2.
    Then you want to tranfer the images on your table pc, right? Ok just transfer them and then mont the CD 1 and install the game and mount CD2 when the setup asks you to input it.
    You can enable the rmps option in the emlations of DT.

Perimeter is Securom 5 protected so it should be the same like you did for Aquanox, if it has more than one cd choose for this cd's also the securom 4x/5x profile.
    If you can't read the dpm download this mds file and replace it with your own:
    http://copybase.ch/PHPV2/Database/Dpm.Download/1192
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Thank you for your prompt, direct, and informative answer. I have tried so many tools and so many combinations of tools to no avail but not this combination. Between the seven major image/game emulating software tools, the 4 securom removal/bypass tools/ and 6 ripping tools that I downloaded (all based on capabilities and popularity) the combinations are endless.
      I will try as you suggest. Here are the only questions I have before starting.
      1. Are there any other options that I shouuld be aware of in alcohol 120? (e.g. subchannel read, etc.)
      2. What option(s) from default should I enable, or disable, in DMT? (e.g. securom emu, hide cdr, etc)
      3. Should I uninstall AQ2 from the tablet and reinstall per your previous directions? If I need to uninstall, are there any reg keys or hidden/non-uninstalled files I need to manually remove in order to reinstall properly?
      Thanks again for your swift response. I hate posting if the answer lies somewhere else on the net but I assure you, I have looked for days and days to find the answer to these specific issues but only found general descriptions of secure rom "cures". The only interesting thing I found was the the security in AQ2 is actualy in the dat file not the exe. However the only fix for that specific game was to download a "cleaned" dat but it only works with the German version. My last resort was to compare the original german dat to the "cleaned" one and try to make the same changes (manually) to my dat. But this definately sounds much easier.
      Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X