Simple but powerful plugin feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple but powerful plugin feature

I don't know your plans for DTools pro or whatev comes, but in my opinion it would be very nice (or it should had happened earlier) to have a "plugin feature" in the free version of DTools.
    The best example is PEiD (I think that should say you sth). A handy tool but without its plugins not as useful as it actually is.
    To my mind this one has everything 3rd party developers need. On aplicationstart check the "Plugins" directory for plugins with the InitPlugin or whatev export to give the name of the plugin and add it to the submenu. When the name of the plugin is clicked in the menu DTools just call the .dll on a StartPlugin export with the hwnd (important), drivesinfo (best in its own specified struct), some parameters, whatev. Then the plugin does its job
    E.g. it would be easier to make better working anti blacklist tools since the plugin has more information about the drives. I'm sure plugins like imageconverter or useful stuff in general will follow.

We already support addons/plugins for DAEMON Tools 3 and 4. What do you think is missing?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I'm sorry but the only one plugin support is for mounting images.
      The online database contains no explanation about plugin developement and when I click on Help->Manual in the tray I get to 404 site.
      Moreover I've never seen those kind of plugins I'm talking about.
      I'll try to explain it better.
      First of all here is an example of a PEiD plugin SDK (I think at least for some of you PEiD should say sth.)
      PEiD is an advanced application analyser so don't mind the "Name of the application" and such stuff.

When PEiD starts it calls LoadDll() on every .dll in the "Plugins" directory, then it gets the names of the plugins AND adds them to the "Plugins" submenu in the mainmenu, so the user can start them from there.
      When the user clicks on the name of one of the plugins, the DoMyJob(HWND hMainDlg, char *szFname, DWORD lpReserved, LPVOID lpParam) export is called on the specified .dll.
      Of course DTools wont need a *szFname but a pointer to the drive specifications struct. Then the main code of the plugin is executed.
      A good plugin can do a lot with the given data, it can create it's own GUI as well. E.g. it get the devicedata and knows what to hide/edit in the regestry to hide DTools.
      Or it creates an GUI which lets the user convert images or whatev (of course here it doesn't use the drivedata).

Comment

What is PEiD ?

Comment

Like I told before PEiD is an advanced application file analyser. http://peid.has.it/ But that's not the point.

Comment

API for 3rd party apps already exists to allow you to do nearly everything daemon.exe (tray app) can do. We don't publicly publish the api though.

Comment

Plus - we offered 3rd party-developers this API since ages.
              And if I remember correct, in the other thread about SR7stop I even suggested
              you to write us (me) some email/PM. And your answer was
              that you're not in the "deep stuff" of DT and therefore you
              don't need that now.

this is what you wrote on 05.01.2006 - only some few days ago!:
              " And atm we dont discuss any DTool's deep structures or sth, so I thought a pm or mail isnt necessary."

Comment

How to create a plugin for DT ?

Hi all,

A friend of mine, Gilles Vollant, the maker of the well known WinImage program (available at http://www.winimage.Com, would like to create a plugin for Daemon-tool in order for your software to support its winimage file format and so allowing thoses images to be mounted as virtual drives thanks to your software...
                What will he have to do for creating such plugin ? Is there any sdk available somewhere ?
                IS there a fee to pay for ?
                Greetings,

--

Claude Renaud

Comment

Api

Any chance of creating an API that can be called by Microsoft's .NET?

Thanks - great product.

Comment

Hi all,

No comments on this ?
                    Greetings,

--

Claude Renaud

Comment

I send you email

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                        I send you email
                        OK, replied to you ...
                        Greetings,

--

Claude Renaud

Comment

How to create a plugin for Dt(Pro) ?

Hi all,

Sorry to repost this kind of off-topic here but we absolutely need to unblock the situation.
                          Several weeks/months/perhaps years ago, a friend of mine, Gilles Vollant, the maker of Winimage (a fabulous disk imager available at http://www.winimage.com) wrote you in order to know what to do to createa plugin for your extraordinary DT software, but after few contact only he never received the NDA we promised him and since that date, nothing...
                          What he have to do to reactivate the process ?

P.S. he can be contacted at info@winimage.Com
                          Greetings,

--

Claude Renaud

Comment

Working...
                          X