XP sees DVDs as CDs now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP sees DVDs as CDs now

After installing Daemon Tools (4.00HE) and mounting a cd image in the virtual drive I was able to solve the problem that I was facing, however, the real DVD read/write drive can no longer write to DVD discs.

The OS (XP Home SP 2 with latest patches) sees the physical drive (TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H552U) in the Device Manager and lists it as 'DVD-RW Drive (D in Windows Explorers, but reports the Type as CD Drive. When I put any blank DVD writable disk in the drive, Windows reports it as a Blank CD and all of the burning programs can't record on it. Nero InfoTool even reports the correct drive and disc type, but when I try to burn on to it pops a dialog that says" sorry, your compiliation cannot be written to this kind of disc...." It reports the disc type in the recorder as dvd, but says the 'Disc required for the compliation is CD-R/RW".

I have not tried to uninstall Daemon Tools nor tried to turn it off, as I need both services. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, given that DT 4.03 has been out for almost a week now, I would recommend uninstalling 4.00 and reinstalling with the latest version.

Comment

Working...
    X