Aaarrggh! Help the newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaarrggh! Help the newbie!

I'm sure all of you are sick of reading this kind of post, but seriously, I have tried everything to my knowledge so far...

I'm trying to run a backup copy of sw battlefront 2, and I can't seem to get it to work. I've used cureRom, sr7stop1.2, unplugged my drive, all kinds of methods, all to no avail.

The weird thing is, before I reformatted my harddrive, I had it running fine with DT4, no problems at all. Then, I had a problem with service pack 2, had to scrub my harddrive and reformat it, but luckily had saved my battlefront 2 install file on an external harddrive, but when I installed it the second time, thats when I ran into trouble.

Maybe it doesn't work now because I installed it from the external harddrive? I dunno. I recieve the "please insert original cd instead of backup copy" error.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Does it work if you insert your original disc or if you install from your original disc?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

yeah that works fine, but I'm just trying to make sure my backup disks work, and I cant seem to get this to work :/

Comment

Try creating a new image and mounting it from an internal drive. If it does work, copy it to your external harddrive and try again. Does that work?
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
        X