Please wait...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please wait...

And oh, what a great message that is to see for more than an hour. Alright, here's the story. I recently reinstalled Win2k, I immediately installed SP4 and any other thing I could think of right off the top of my head that I would need.

Including Dtools. Herein lies the problem. After starting Dtools it gives me the good ol' "Please wait..." while it creates the virtual drive or whatever. But it doesn't stop, as a matter of fact, the program just freezes. Sure, I can get into the Task Manager and close it, but that doesn't quite solve my problem.

It seems that this little issue has a tendency to kill Windows, too. Basically, after that I have to force the computer to shut down (shutting down normally freezes the computer) and upon reboot, the system freezes partway through Windows loading. Booting in safe mode seems to have the same effect.

Like I said, this is on a fresh install, and I had Dtools running with no problems before I reinstalled. This little issue has led to me reinstalling Windows about 4 times in the past two days.

Any ideas? I'm completely stumped by this one.

Hmh

OK I have the same problem and I tryed to reinstall WINXP just like u did

Comment

I also have the same problem with Daemon Tools 4.03; I've just reformatted my comp and installed win xp pro with SP2 and after i install DT4.03 and try to run it, it just has the please wait message for a very long time without anything happening... Like was said by Jake, I end up having to force the comp off and when i reboot, windows doesn't load unless i chose restore last known good configuration or safe mode. I'm not sure why this happens as everything used to run fine before i reformatted... any help is appreciated!

Comment

Yeah,the problem is not problem,myfriend
        please reset your pc, ,then reinstall the d-tools,will be successfully,I do it.and it is ok now.

Comment

Originally Posted by jjsneaker
          Yeah,the problem is not problem,myfriend
          please reset your pc, ,then reinstall the d-tools,will be successfully,I do it.and it is ok now.
          I've tried it so many times but all with the same result; it just doesn't work! I've tried 4.00 and it doesn't work either... I've also tried installing and then restarting without running DT4 but when windows starts up again, DT just gets stuck at the please wait bit when it autoruns. I checked the device manager and there's an extra cd drive but it has the yellow exclaimation mark and if i try to uninstall it via device manager or by uninstalling DT, the program just freezes... seems like for some reason DT can't install the drivers for the new virtual drive...

Comment

omfg

this makes me mad becuase this happend to me

just one day i get a game install d/t and it works fine,and it was the most used app and i get a new Hard drive so install windows xp sp2 on it and install d/t and am waiting for ever for the "please wait ..."and i remmeber it took like 2 min. to install and so i ALt+CTRL+DELETE and ebd the pross. of d/t restarted after i tryed reinstalling a capel of times and the freakin boot screen was there for ages and i rebooted same thing so did the last know setting or somthing and it booted up
            and i still cant install d/t and i still have the boot ing problem hangin there

plz... help any one
            oyeah and reinstalling windows dose not work plz.. help

Comment

Same Problem

Hey, got the same bloody problem. And it's not only with daemon tools, I've tried Alkohol 120% with the same result. It just freezes the whole computer. Even the keyboard doesn't work anymore. I'm so pissed.

But: Does anybody know what the last Windows Update was? Maybe Microsoft has changed something again...

Comment

same here

this seems to be a common problem - in desperation, I've also tried different virtual CD programs, none of which seemed to work.

however, mounting a CD with Deamon, I have just discovered, does in fact work - but it takes about 15 to 20 minutes, during which nothing seems to happen.

after that, it works, until I unmount or mount something else.

tried different images, etc. - always the same, somewhere between 15 and 20 minutes to mount an image. I bet it's the same bug you guys have, but I bet most people wouldn't assume anything was going to happen after waiting that long?

it drives me to drink!

Using Windows XP SP2 with all the standard updates...

Comment

@mp303:
                  Your problem seems to be different, as you get some "long time"-mount. Where are your images located? Do you use NTFS-compression? Did you try to defragment your hdd yet?

The other users problems with system hang during vdrive creation are usually caused by registry permission problems due to anti blacklisting tools, anti virus or similar software.
                  Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                  They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                    @mp303:
                    Your problem seems to be different, as you get some "long time"-mount. Where are your images located? Do you use NTFS-compression? Did you try to defragment your hdd yet?
                    The other users problems with system hang during vdrive creation are usually caused by registry permission problems due to anti blacklisting tools, anti virus or similar software.
                    I've tried with images on both of my harddrives, both of which are NTFS with no compression. I have not tried defragging - I've had some very negative experiences with defrag in the past, so I just don't.

The drive is fast enough though - unpacking or burning one of these ISO's takes less time than mounting it in DT. And while it's mounting, it's not doing anything - there is no disk activity, it just sits there and maxes out the CPU for a while, then everything goes back to normal.

I have ClamWin AntiVirus installed - and I've tried switching it off, but that's not the cause. I had ClamWin installed for at least a year while having no problems with DT, anyway.

In fact, I've been using DT for years - never had any problems. This problem appeared "out of the blue", and I've even tried "downgrading" to older versions of DT, which I know have worked fine in the past.

I've installed nothing "major" - no system tools, firewalls, anti-spam, anti-virus, anti-spyware or anti-anything. I always check my computer with HijackThis after installing any game or program, and if it comes with any sort of background-garbage, like updaters and notifiers, I kick them out. I also regularly examine the process tree, to see what my computer might be doing. I'm a bit paranoid that way - no programs or services run on my computer without my approval

So the only thing I can figure is, whatever changed, it must be something that came in with a Windows Update? I'm running XP Pro SP2, and I install M$ updates regularly.

I tried flipping through "System Restore" to see if I could find a checkpoint prior to when it stopped working, but doesn't go that far back...

Comment

probably not due to windows update

I have exactly the same problems. I start daemon and the whole system freezes. I think it's not any windows update that causes the freezing. I didn't update my winXP SP2 for at least 12 months (because my notebook ist never connected to Internet, so why should I?). Before I installed v. 4.08 I used daemon 3.29 or something and it worked.
                      It's really hopeless. No help anywhere?

Comment

I had the exact same problem. I almost gave up and almost reinstalled Windows. But then I tried the 'Debugging Mode' (it came with the F8 bootup options). Apparently, DaemonTools does not like the debugging mode kernel and it will not launch (lucky me!). Launched system restore after that and it deinstalled the software for me. Whew!

Any updates yet on how to get around this problem?

Comment

Working...
                        X