No more nightmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more nightmares

I really do think we should stop recommending SFN to people....its incredibly unstable. My personal experience with it has shown that either:

1. It doesn't work
    2. It crashes something

It also is not.....user-friendly. Yes, I know computers are not supposed to be user-friendly and the program was easily understood for me, but I can just see people screwing up their computer just clicking around disabling random channels (and they do).

Just unplug your drives (or if its an old version go to device manager), and wait for a better way to bypass SF.
    What do you think?

I think its a tough situation right now.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I stopped using sfn too because it's much safer to physically disconnect the drives and anyhow, It fails to do its job half the time on my computer.

Comment

For me SF games until SF 3.4 don'T work with disabling the drive and the channel in device manager. Doing the same stuff with SFN worked. But i always unplug my drive because it doesn't take much time. I only have to press one button
        because i have a notebook. I got a tv tuner with my notebook and it use the same slot like the dvd drive so the developers made it easy to unplug the drive.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
          I only have to press one button
          because i have a notebook.
          which laptop do you have?? I'm looking to buy one but I can't find a decent one with removable dvd drive.

Comment

I live in Germany and there exist a supermarket called Aldi. I bought it there more than one year ago. It's a product of the medion company. Medion MD-41300.

Comment

Originally Posted by _skip
              I stopped using sfn too because it's much safer to physically disconnect the drives and anyhow, It fails to do its job half the time on my computer.
              Exactly, it seems to work for some people sometimes, but I am just saying we stop recommending it to people who have no idea what they are doing.

I wonder how many of the complaints about issues with Starforce were actually caused by them using SFN trying to bypass it....

Don't get me wrong, I am all for bypassing and removing copy protection in every possible way.....I just don't think that route (the route of SFN) is a particularly good one to promote.

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
                I live in Germany and there exist a supermarket called Aldi. I bought it there more than one year ago. It's a product of the medion company. Medion MD-41300.

lmao there exists a supermarket called ALDi here to man gg

USA

Comment

Hehe.. If you have ALDI in the USA it could be that they sell medion computers with

Tevion
                  Lifetec
                  Cybercom
                  General Electrics

or other brands.

I worked for medion as technical supportal for an 1/2 year.
                  They have many brands they offer their products under.

Comment

Yeah, that's right, i noticed this. In the north of Germany you will get medion and lifetec in Aldi, for example the cd-r are frome lifetec and the dvd-r from medion. In the south of Germany you'll get Tevion cd-r and Tevion Soundsystems.
                    In the north the most produkts are from medion.

Comment

Working...
                    X