dr.art's PCI RAID expansion card discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dr.art's PCI RAID expansion card discussion

I've ordered now this Raid IDE Controller, plugged it into an PCI Slot, then installed the SiL 0608 RAID IDE Drivers.
    After that, I shut down the computer, plugged the optical drives in the secondary IDE Connector on my nem SiL 0608 Card, becuase the harddrives are connected as primary slave on my mainboard.
    But with this configuration windows won't boot up??

What's the problem?

Problem with installing a IDE RAID Controller?

Hello,
    I've got a problem with installing the SiL 0608 IDE Raid Controller correctly. I plugged the card in my computer,then installed the drivers, shut the computer down and hang my optical drives on the secondary IDE connector, because my 2 harddrives are primary master and slave. But with this configuration windows won't boot. it stucks at:

Verifying DMI pool data

so what is the problem?

My Mainboard is a Abit AV8

Comment

You must plug the optical drives into the IDE primary connector of this Card(the blue one).

P.S.:
      As driver for this card use the MEDLEY driver,this is the only one that works under WinXP.
      Last edited by Insane5000; 29.12.2005, 22:47.

Comment

I plugged my drives now in the primary IDE Connector of the cars(the blue one) and my 2 harddrives are now plugged as pirmary. But windows still won't boot. always the line:

Verifying DMI pool data

normally after that line,there comes 2 more lines:

Boot from CD:
        Boot from CD:

like this.
        Hm should I install the Medley drivers, because I installed some drivers, but I don't know which. So where can I find these "medley" drivers and how to isntall them now??

Comment

dr.art I plugged my drives now in the primary IDE Connector of the cars(the blue one) and my 2 harddrives are now plugged as pirmary. But windows still won't boot. always the line:

Verifying DMI pool data

normally after that line,there comes 2 more lines:

Boot from CD:
          Boot from CD:

---------------------------------------------------------

change the bootup sequence to-- hard drive , cd , floppy .

Comment

d,art , sorry, make that -- hard drive---scsi---floppy.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedstickel
              d,art , sorry, make that -- hard drive---scsi---floppy.
              hm I tried this now, but I can't choose SCSI as bootable device, just CDROM. So I tried it with harddrive - CDROM - floppy. But windows still won't boot up, always stucks at Verifying DMI pool data.
              I can choose as bootable device some other things like LS120 and some USB stuff, so what should I choose. My mainboard is a Abit AV8

Comment

d,art , are your hard drives plugged into the raid controller card , if so, plug them back into your motherboard.

Comment

no my harddrives are plugged into my mainboard, I only try to plug my optical drives into the raid controller, but it won't boot up like this. what can I do??

Comment

@Dr. Art

I have a similar PC configuration. All my optical drives are connected to my external raid controller. My two harddisks are connted to the motherboard (vis the on-board raid controller).

I had the same problems to boot my pc. But I found out that there is another boot option in the bios: boot from raid or scsi. I changed this (I think to scsi) and after that my pc worked as normal. If I select the raid option the pc will not boot.

Hope this info will help you.

Greetings
                    Alexander

Comment

Hello,

Is any drive plugged on the controller card ?
                      I use a promise 2T controller card and I have noticed my computer crashes on windows loading screen if the card is inserted with no drives plugged in it.

Comment

hm I couldn't find such a bios entry with selecting raid or scsi. do you also have an Abit AV8??? Where in the bios have you found that entry?

Comment

which driver did you install ? i'm pretty sure you must use the medley driver.

Comment

I don't know exactly which driver I installed, where can I find it out which driver is installed?

Comment

Hi,

I'm using a EPOX 8K3A+ board with Award bios.

Later when I'm back from the office I'll post you my bios settings, ok?

And yes, I had to install the medley drivers. Otherwise you will not see any CD-Rom / DVD-Rom in Windows. By using this method together with my registered DTools 4.xx I'm able to mount SD4.60, Securom 7.xx and so far all my SF3-games (images made with my latest Alcohol retail version). And there is no need for any virtual drive hiding tool at the moment.

This is a handy way to play your games from image without unplugging anything.

Greetings
                              Alexander

Comment

Working...
                              X