Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starforce protected game.. need help

Hi guys...
    I tryied some techniques but it didnt work.
    I have this game, World Racing 2, that uses starforce.
    can you guys help me to run this game?
    i have an asus p4p800s-x

please help

Thanks

Please don't double post, the forums are moderated.

How did you create the image you're using? What software, -settings and what hardware did you use?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

sorry about the double post.. i didnt know the first one went up :$

well..
      i use daemon tools 4.03
      have 1 dvd-rw and 1 cd-rw
      1 sata
      windows xp sp2
      p4 3.0ghz

about the image, when i get the game, there was 2 images, a big one, and small one. i dont know what i should do.. :S

thanks

Comment

A bin and cue? MDF and MDS? What are the extensions of these "big and small images"?

Anyways with starforce you will have to disonnect the optical drives by opening up your computer (while its off) and unplugging the IDE cables from the optical drives (or power connectors if thats easier for you). Then just turn it back on and mount the image you want with Daemon tools.

Thats all assuming you have a complete uncorrupted image.

I won't ask how you "get the game".....

Comment

its a MDF and MDS..
          i tryied what you said, and it worked.
          but, there is no way to "disconnect" the ide while the computer on?
          Bad routine lol

Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by pumpkinsoftruth
            Thats all assuming you have a complete uncorrupted image.

I won't ask how you "get the game".....
            Why not? Everyone who registered in these forums agreed to abide by the rules, which very clearly state that discussions about warez, cracks and anything else illegal will result in a permanent ban. Everyone who owns a game should have no problem giving information about how he created an image of it, should he?

Apart from that, that kind of information is needed to find out why a game isn't running. There's a whole lot of things that can go wrong when creating an image.

So, REMUS, how exactly did you create the image? Daemon Tools cannot create images. We need the program you used to make the image from your discs, the settings you used and the CD/DVD drive the disc was read with.

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
              So, REMUS, how exactly did you create the image? Daemon Tools cannot create images. We need the program you used to make the image from your discs, the settings you used and the CD/DVD drive the disc was read with.
              Netsoerfer, i used DA to mount the images of course.
              I used alchohol 120% to creat the images. I already make the game run, but now there is another problem, i dont want to shut down the computer to connect and disconnect cables to play a game. can you help me to use another way?

Thanks

Comment

What version of Alcohol 120% and what settings did you use (eg. datatype/profile and DPM measurement speed, etc)
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Iґll give you the information. i did the imagem following the steps in a website, iґll try to find it and copy to a post.
                  Sorry my bad english lol ^^

Thanks for the help

Comment

The most likely reason the game doesn't work is because you didn't make a good enough image. This is the problem for so many users who post about a problem on this forum.
                    Research isn't needed to find what settings you used. Just make another image file with the Starforce 3.x profile.
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

And i can find that profile here in daemons home?

And just curious, this techniques to go through starforce, it works on other protections. Or i really have to search for other methods?

Thanks

Comment

You just insert your CD/DVD, start Alcohol 120% and select "image making wizard". If it's a CD, you can select profiles for the process; you'd need to choose the StarForce profile. If it's a DVD, you just need to activate the DPM measurement and set it to high.

Remember that the StarForce drivers interfere with Alcohol's DPM process, so you'll need to uninstall them before creating the image.

Comment

Working...
                        X