Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable StarForce with SATA/two IDE controllers

Hi all,

I don't know if this idea is new, but I haven't seen it anywhere, so I simply post it here:

I was trying to run a SF protected game with SFcure, SFnightmare, Win2k3nodedisabler etc. All of them didn't work. I did _not_ have any problems with system stability, but it simply didn't work for me unless I physically unplugged my dvd drive. And as I'm lazy as hell...

!!ATTENTION: ONLY PROCEED IF YOU HAVE TWO IDE CONTROLLERS AND IF YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!

Simply disabling the complete IDE controller in the device manager works magic. Don't do this if your system drive is attached to it, or else your system WILL crash! I have two controllers: a SiliconImage SATA for my harddrive and an nVidia nForce IDE for my DVD. After disabling the nForce controller the DVD is gone as well - and any of my SF-protected games work like a charm.

You don't have a second controller? Well, get one on eBay for a few bucks..

Arnuschky

You're one of the lucky users with an nForce motherboard.

See this post:
    SCSI Blacklists - or why some perfect images won't run with Daemon Tools v4
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

problem

When I'm in Device manger I'm not quit sure what i need to disable. This is what I have :

IDE ATA/ATAPI controler

NVIDIA Nforce MCP2 IDE controler
      Primaire IDE chanal
      Secundair IDE chanal

Comment

Uhm I'm not quit sure what to disable
        This is what I have.:

IDE ATA/ATAPI controler

NVIDIA Nforce MCP2 IDE Controler
        Primair IDE chanal
        Secundair IDE chanal

If I disable one of them I can't realy disable another one because I keep getting the message that the changes will take effect ater I rebooted my computer.

Comment

Working...
        X