Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really offtopic, but I need your opinion

Hi all,

I'm developing a game - it's in an early state, but I made some faces for it's characters.

Please have a look here:

and here

and tell me your opion about them. That would be very kind.
    I know, most of you are gamers and so you know about the polygon limits on graphic boards, unlike some people in other forums and communities which not consists of gamers but often of "children".

Peter looks like a retarded idiot not like the director of a biochem. corp. his eyebrows are too small and his closed lips are gross! and don't forget to change his eye & hair color!

Igor's eyes are the eyes of a mass murderer and his nose should have been taken from Peter cause his nose is disgusting!! besides that he looks cool! (still not like a typical engineer, though)

Comment

Not everyone can have an adorable nose

Comment

ROTFLOL to Novecento I laughed my ass off

No but seriously, for the first time its quite a good job, considering you did this all by yourself from scratch, yes?

Im looking forward to see more on the improovements.

Comment

Oh and btw, if it comes out weird,you can allways choose a Russian surename,eh? Oh man,why does everyone use russian names for freaky scientists? For example in NYPD serial, Boskovich or whoever is that fat-fuck (detective), has a Russian-ish surename...and he is a freak when he leads the questioning - its hillarious to see him torture people

Comment

My freaky scientist is not a russian.
            The russian is just a simple worker who works in the structure engeneering division of that company.
            The real freaky one is "Peter Maxwell"

Comment

Originally Posted by MindFever
              Oh and btw, if it comes out weird,you can allways choose a Russian surename,eh?
              Well, MindFever, you could also give another example ...
              The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nemerov
                Well, MindFever, you could also give another example ...
                You gotta be friggin kidding me! This is hillarious ) ROTFLOL-ed when i heard the sounds... Amazing ,but i tend to ask myself the following question: " what kind of motive did the author have for such a page ?! " lol, Beethoven in the background makes toomuch contrast - still,its even more hillarious that way

Comment

Originally Posted by DomiOh
                  My freaky scientist is not a russian.
                  The russian is just a simple worker who works in the structure engeneering division of that company.
                  The real freaky one is "Peter Maxwell"
                  Well...errr, the Russian has a bright future of becoming a freaky-torture-guy then
                  Why not assemble a few other guys to help you out btw? Just please,dont be as the famous Derek Smart - his surename is hillarious since he doesnt posses any quality the name suggests (just kidding.Im 100% you wont be like that) Does anyone remember this guy? (Battlecruiser,3000ad franchise) The flamewars he "produced" were/are hillarious...

Comment

maybe this defeats the purpose of developing from scratch, but since it looks like you're making a first person shooter, why not use the Source engine? You can do some pretty amazing stuff with it. Specifically source comes with an incredible suite to produce in game charactes. But actually, I looked at some of your screenshots... pretty impressive if you're starting from scratch. I couldn't get the demo level to run though... I received a "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_27.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I definately have directx 9 intalled.

Comment

I received a "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_27.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I definately have directx 9 intalled.
                      Microsoft has started to update DX 9.0c in a 2-month-cycle. Every two month MS updates the d3dx9 dll. Doesn't the installer ask you if you want install DX 9.0c ? So choose yes and the MS DX installer will install this d3dx9_27.dll only. No reboot needed. After that the game should work.

But there are some issues with the demo. On fast graphhic cards you get a really strange error, that you are sometimes not able to turn left. That is fixed and a demo patch is coming soon.

Comment

Originally Posted by DomiOh
                        Microsoft has started to update DX 9.0c in a 2-month-cycle. Every two month MS updates the d3dx9 dll. Doesn't the installer ask you if you want install DX 9.0c ? So choose yes and the MS DX installer will install this d3dx9_27.dll only.
                        Alright I'll give it a shot.

Comment

estimablesir: I predict very few games will use the source engine.
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                            estimablesir: I predict very few games will use the source engine.
                            But even less game studios will use the Doom 3 engine. However, this is no wonder, since you can only have 3-4 lights inside a room. That somehow limits the creation of game environments.

Source engine? Hey, Sin Episodes will use it. They Hunger - Lost Souls (which includes zombies) as well! Perhaps I will buy this game.
                            The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

Working...
                            X