Bluescreen + install error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluescreen + install error

I haven't used dt in years so you'll have to excuse any level of stupidity.

I downloaded dt 347, started the install, blindly hit accept and next repeatedly, then received a bluescreen and a forced reboot.

The installation obviously wasn't completed, so i couldn't uninstall properly after the reboot.

When I tried running the exe file once more, the install automatically prompts a "finish" screen as if it can continue the installation that was interrupted, then the following message appears:

I then resorted to deleting the folder, but the same message prompts whenever I try to use the install file.

Any idea what to do? Any response greatly appreciated.. Any place I can find out where to wipe out any files it may have installed?
    Last edited by scum99; 10.01.2006, 14:08.

Forgot to mention I'm running Windows XP on a Athlon 64 3700+

Ran a system restore from a checkpoint previous to the install. Tried installing again, but same bluescreen appeared.

Problem now is that even if I ran the system restore, the "welcome" screen before entering windows hangs for a few seconds, normally I goes away instantly, system disk is a raptor 74gb. Also my DVD drive seems to behave weird. Thrusting at insane speeds and sometimes freezing up my system.

Obviously there's no longer a virtual drive in my system and I thought system restore reset any changes DT may have done.

Input is very welcome.

Comment

During the installation you can change the driver name. Normally it's d347bus and d347prt just change it for example to d349bus and d349prt. The normal driver name is already installed or there's a rest of DT on your system. You also can manually remove it and then use the standard driver name. But i recommend to use DT 4.03.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Can't Load System XP SP2, sptd and d347bus blocked it.

That's the second time i have to repair my HD, with bad mount drivers from "Daemon Tools" Team.

First i had a big problem with daemon 4.03 sptd driver when blocked HD at all. And after half year another similar problem with daemon 3.47 d347bus driver. This second problem accured today, didn't do anyting special, just downloading program Mame32.exe on Opera Browser, chatting on polish communicator Gadu-Gadu, when system stopped responding.

I think Daemon Tools is just another buggy freeware which we shouldn't use at all. Maybe Daemon-Tools.exe is just another virus on the net, i don't know, maybe you should tell everybody.

Thank You

Comment

So where is the connection between your system hang and Daemon Tools? Could be everything, e.g. bad ram, overclocking or whatever.
          And btw. v3.47 is not supported anymore, did you try v4.10 yet?
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by maestroHD View Post
            That's the second time i have to repair my HD, with bad mount drivers from "Daemon Tools" Team.
            First i had a big problem with daemon 4.03 sptd driver when blocked HD at all. And after half year another similar problem with daemon 3.47 d347bus driver. This second problem accured today, didn't do anyting special, just downloading program Mame32.exe on Opera Browser, chatting on polish communicator Gadu-Gadu, when system stopped responding.
            I think Daemon Tools is just another buggy freeware which we shouldn't use at all. Maybe Daemon-Tools.exe is just another virus on the net, i don't know, maybe you should tell everybody.
            Thank You
            Heh... Well I didnt have any problems with DT ever. And i have worked in software company with over 200 employes, where DTools have been used on daily basis for various purposes. Never anyone had problems, nor it was blocked by sysadmins (who used it as well). So as Copytrooper already said, this can be bad ram, bad cooling, bad pci card, M$ windoze, bad day, bad luck, bad karma etc... So before claiming that its buggy, try to figure out what might be wrong with your system. I mean, Norton AV is clogin system, working slow, making BSOD on some systems etc but will you go there and say that its buggy? Yes you will but only if you have paid for it, and even then you will have to wait for testing, they will ask for loads of dumps etc. Since DT is freeware, its easier to drop a bomb like that it is buggy virus and we shouldnt use it...

Comment

Working...
            X