Can Not Boot After Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Not Boot After Installation

I have read avery thread with the word "boot" and can not find a solution to my problem....however I found few similar issues.
    After double clicking the install icon DT starts the installation process normally. I chose normal installation and DT asks to reboot the system. I choose OK and system restarts. During boot up I get to the Win XP PRO boot screen with the green bug running left to right and when windows tries to start all I get is a black screen. After hitting the reset button and trying to boot again I finally get into windows and the installation of DT continues(I chose to start win normally during boot up) Installation goes successfully but now everytime I restart I can not get into windows on the first try. It takes 7-8 sometimes more loads before I am able to load windows.
    Event Viever gives me the folowing info:
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7026
    Date: 2006-01-10
    Time: 11:38:08
    User: N/A
    Computer: SIERSCIUCH
    Description:
    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    sptd

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    BSOD does not appear and no .dmp is created.

I can get into windows fine if I disable the SCSI/RAID controller DT creates without making any other changes.

What must I do in order to install DT successfully and be able to restart my machine without any problems.

My sys:
    Win XP Pro SP2
    Athlon 64 X2 4200
    GeForce 7800
    Nero 6.6.0.16

Please specify binary data of this error message.

Comment

"Please specify binary data of this error message." How do I do this??? Please help...

Comment

Open corresponding error message in System event log - you will see binary data there.

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem, where the login screen should appear the screen stays black. I have to reset and then i get the login screen. This started after i had to restart for the daemon tools installation.

My pc specs:

Asus P4p800s-e Deluxe
          P4 3Ghz
          1gb ram
          Msi Geforce 6800GT

Comment

I have the same problem.

Comment

Working...
            X