F.E.A.R. noob. Plz help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.E.A.R. noob. Plz help.

I have read a lot of posts about FEAR but can't get it to work. Here's what I have tried:
    Used Alcohol 120% to make an image using Normal DMP at 2x (also tried 16x).
    Physicaly disconnected the DVD drive and installed Daemon Tools. Mounted and installed the game. When starting the game, I get an "Original disc could not be found or autheticated."
    The same happens with the DVD drive connected and using SR7.Stop. With the DVD drive connected without SR7 I get "Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in another drive E:.".

What am I doing wrong?
    Skull

My guess is that your image is no good. Try to make a new one with high DPM precision.

It is also possible that your DVD drive is not able to read good DPM data. In that case you can always download an mds file and use that in combination with the mdf file you created.

Comment

High DPM caused an error, but I found a mini image which worked like a charm. Thx a lot :-)
      Does anyone have a link for a tutorial on how to make mini images?

Skull

Comment

SkullStalker, Alcohol's DPM process is messed with by StarForce's drivers. If you have any StarForce-protected games installed, you need to uninstall the drivers to create an image. They'll be reinstalled the next time you try to start a SF-protected game.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Thx Netsoerfer. I read that somewhere, but I used a freshly installed computer without any games installed. Windoze and Alcohol, that's it. I got errors with DPM set to High and with DPM disabled. No errors when DPM was set to Normal. I'll try to find one of the DVD drives on the list of supported drives and try again.
          Btw.: I got Splinter Cell Chaos Theory DVD to run from an image with an .MDS file I found . Lots of posts saying it can't be done.

Skull

Comment

Working...
          X