Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD.SYS question

Hi folks,

I'm another sufferer of the SPTD.SYS BSOD, and am aware of the issue as covered in the common problems thread.

I am using 4.0.3 with an Asus A8N-E motherboard.

Note that I wasn't able to get into Safe Mode even when supposedly disabling the SPTD.SYS driver, I still got a BSOD. I then noticed that if I removed both CDs from my two CD drives Windows would boot normally. Perhaps this will help someone else, as it allowed me to get back to my PC.

I also noted that Daemon Tools hasn't installed at all, although perhaps that's no great surprise.

Presumably this is still being worked on with a newer version?

Thanks

Boot with your Windows cd into recovery console, log on to your Windows installation (requires administrator password), change dir (cd) to Windows\System32\Drivers directory and rename sptd.sys and dtscsi.sys, then reboot and check if it helps.
    Also check for minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to those crashes. Send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    If you don't have any minidump check if you've any of the following files in your Windows\System32\Drivers directory:
    prosync1.sys,
    afs2k.sys,
    GearASPIwdm.sys,
    nwfs.sys
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X