no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no sound

got 2nd hand XP pc from musician who had separate sound card. he removed it and now pc wont recognise that a sound card/device is attached. how do i get it to use onborad sound card. tried enabling in bios but still no sound. says 'null' to sound card in tools help info.

I would assume you have installed drivers for the onboard sound ? ac97 or whatever it is.

Try your motherboard vendor site

Comment

Originally Posted by steve.parsons
      got 2nd hand XP pc from musician who had separate sound card. he removed it and now pc wont recognise that a sound card/device is attached. how do i get it to use onborad sound card. tried enabling in bios but still no sound. says 'null' to sound card in tools help info.
      Or the onboard sound is deactivated. Enter the bios, go to "advanced" then to ressources and there is the button enable/disable onboard sound. I think the bioses have got a pretty similar menu.
      My system
      Boycott Starforce!
      Wiederstand ist zwecklos! Ihr Assis werdet miliert!

Comment

Originally Posted by vatras90
        Or the onboard sound is deactivated. Enter the bios, go to "advanced" then to ressources and there is the button enable/disable onboard sound. I think the bioses have got a pretty similar menu.
        if u look at the first post u might see that he had already enabled the sound in BIOS...
        My sysProfile!

Comment

no sound

thanks, but still no good. pc still doesn't seem to be recognising any sound card or devise on the system.

Comment

did u install the soundchip drivers from the MoBo homepage?!
            My sysProfile!

Comment

Originally Posted by LooDos
              if u look at the first post u might see that he had already enabled the sound in BIOS...
              Uh, i didnt see it. Sorry.
              Try this out:

Install it, click the "datei" button, then click on "einstellungen", change to english. Go to motherboard, chipset, then southbridge. There is something about an audio controller.

If it's an ac'97 codec, install the driver:
              ftp://202.65.194.18/pc/ac97/alc650/WDM_A381.exe
              Last edited by vatras90; 16.01.2006, 14:04.
              My system
              Boycott Starforce!
              Wiederstand ist zwecklos! Ihr Assis werdet miliert!

Comment

AC97 Sound Drivers

For those of you who are looking for AC97 sound drivers, try any of these sites:

ftp://209.216.61.149/pc/audio/WDM_A397.exe
                ftp://202.65.194.211/pc/audio/WDM_A397.exe

Comment

Look in the motherboard the model, then go to the web of the manufacturer, go to downloads and find your model of motherboard, then download the audio drivers.

The most of integrated audio chips need Service Pack 1 to make the audio "runs".
                  Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

SiN Episode 1 - Emergence

Hi,please help!
                    i'm stuc in u4 laboratory
                    and i dont know what to do next
                    there is no exit
                    may be this screen shot will help you to know where i'm stuc

Comment

Originally Posted by Programmingcool View Post
                      i'm stuc in u4 laboratory
                      Wrong topic buddy.
                      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                      X