Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A different type of blue screen

Hey,

I don't know if someone got the same error, or really what it means, but I'd really appreciate some help. Someone had tried installing Daemon tools, but it didn't work, so they uninstalled it using the program that came with it. I don't know which version it was. When I used the computer though, I kept getting messages that new hardware has been found, "PnP BIOS Extension," and I clicked to install it. The computer rebooted, and I can't load it in normal mode, safe mode (unless I select safe mode w/ command prompt), and even last known good configuration.

I'm getting this error: "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. An attempt was made to execute non-executable memory." There's some stuff about rebooting and disabling BIOS memory (which I don't know how to do), and then it does a dump of physical memory. There's some technical information (I think they'e memory addresses), so if anyone needs that, let me know.

Anyways, I hope someone can help. I really need to get my computer working again.

Thanks,

Steffis
    thesteffis@gmail.com

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
    Boot with your Windows cd into recovery console, log on to your Windows installation (requires administrator password) and change dir (cd) to Windows\System32\Drivers directory - delete Daemon Tools driver files (if still present), also delete Daemon Tools installation folder in program files directory, then reboot - if it still hangs the issue is not caused by Daemon Tools.
    As seen Here.
    SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

Working...
    X