Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB2IDE vs internet connection

Hi all,

I've a problem with my USB2IDE adaptor, that I use to have a working backup of Starforce protected games...everytime I connect it to my pc, after a while my internet connection goes mad: it's not interrupted, but I cannot open pages anymore with IE, MSN Messenger has connection problems and eMule (the p2p software) behaves like there's no connection, and I have to restart the pc to have a full funcioning internet connection...I know for sure it's a problem caused by the adaptor, I've made some tests, but I can't figure why...maybe an interference of Starforce drivers? or something else? another strange thing is that, after I finish to play POP T2T with the backup copy, the pc prevents me to unplug the adaptor with the "safe hardware removal" option, 'cause it shows a message saying that another application is still trying to use the peripheral, a.k.a. the adaptor...

someone can help me???

ok. do u plug and unplug ur adapter while the Pc is running. if so u shouldnt this on...
    otherwise try using and alternative borwser such as FireFox or Opera.
    My sysProfile!

Comment

Originally Posted by LooDos
      ok. do u plug and unplug ur adapter while the Pc is running. if so u shouldnt this on...
      otherwise try using and alternative borwser such as FireFox or Opera.
      of course i plug and unplug while the pc is running, the USB is made for this, and the adaptor is Plug&PLay
      I've tried also with other browsers, but nothing, the connections doesn't work until I reboot...it's not a browser problem, is a connection problem, but the connection icon is still workin and functioning, as if the connection had never had problems...

Comment

Originally Posted by Fire_Mikael
        of course i plug and unplug while the pc is running, the USB is made for this, and the adaptor is Plug&PLay
        I've tried also with other browsers, but nothing, the connections doesn't work until I reboot...it's not a browser problem, is a connection problem, but the connection icon is still workin and functioning, as if the connection had never had problems...
        I don't want to be rude, but I think that this is a really specific problem and nobody can really help you. I would try to post that in a windows support forum, or something like this. I think it'll be the shorter way.
        Or try to install new usb 2.0 drivers.
        Last edited by vatras90; 17.01.2006, 12:33.
        My system
        Boycott Starforce!
        Wiederstand ist zwecklos! Ihr Assis werdet miliert!

Comment

Originally Posted by vatras90
          I don't want to be rude, but I think that this is a really specific problem and nobody can really help you. I would try to post that in a windows support forum, or something like this. I think it'll be the shorter way.
          Or try to install new usb 2.0 drivers.
          ok, thanks....where can I find new USB drivers?

Comment

Do you have your modem connected to usb for the internet connection?

Could it be, the USB2IDE Adapter interferes with the modem, then?

Comment

Originally Posted by DomiOh
              Do you have your modem connected to usb for the internet connection?

Could it be, the USB2IDE Adapter interferes with the modem, then?
              yes, my modem is usb connected...I've reached the same conclusion as you...but how can I resolve this confict? and why is there a conflict??? someone told me to reinstall usb drivers, some others to upgrade Win XP service pack 1 to service pack 2...what to do?

Comment

ok, thanks....where can I find new USB drivers?
                Homepage of your motherboard manufacturer
                My system
                Boycott Starforce!
                Wiederstand ist zwecklos! Ihr Assis werdet miliert!

Comment

Hi all,

I've a problem with my USB2IDE adaptor, that I use to have a working backup of Starforce protected games...everytime I connect it to my pc, after a while my internet connection goes mad...
                  After some tests, I have to specify: I have this internet connection problems with my usb modem JUST when I play with my backup copies of Starforce protected games (now POP3 e SCCT), after a while I've finished playing, so the problem is not a general conflict, but I think is due to Starforce drivers...anyone could guess why?
                  (to "vatras90": now I think this is the right place to find answers :wink: )

Comment

Personally, I do not recommend running your internet connection through USB. It's just too flaky for my taste (as you're discovering). I would highly recommend you move the connection to your ethernet port. If you don't have one, you can usually pick up a network card for cheap. At work we sell them for $8.

Comment

Working...
                    X