Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem mounting cd images

every time i try to load a cd image, there's an error saying:

"_is**.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close", where ** is a random number.

However the same cd image works for other computers. what could be the cause of this problem? is there a file in my computer that's corrupted or that's stopping my comp from reading cd images?

Try burning the image to disk and see if you get errors when you try to run the .exe file (don't worry about copy protection, games don't often protect the setup programs).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

it definitely works on disc but that'd be a waste of the discs. im sure theres a system file in my computer that's messed up. im open to more plausible solutions, maybe even involving system regsitry or kernel (whatever that is)

Comment

Please try to burn the disc, I can help you determine whether this is caused by use of or lack of error correction.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

uninstall zonealarm

I had the same problem when trying to install Rome Total War and Fable (_is * .tmp error). A thrad on geek to geek suggested to uninstall zonealarm and that did the trick for me.

Call of Duty 2 Installation Problem - posted in Games: Hi, I am new here. I'm pretty sure you guys must have answered this question a million times before but I can't seem to find an answer to it.Now before you ask, the computer I am installing CoD2 on is able to run the game.I am installing it on a computer that has two CD drives. It only is recognized on one however. It does not even show up as having a cd in the drive on the other one.Whenever I click on the install button on...

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X