PDA

View Full Version : Kernel Debugger issue...

balabalatau
18.01.2006, 06:24
when I try to turn on my daemon tool,it says that the program require at least window 2000 with SPTD 1.21 or higher and need to deactivate Kernel Debugger.
It's strange my daemon tool v4 was working until recently O_O?
Help?

Underheaven
21.01.2006, 06:14
This warning is displayed to everyone one time during the install process. Are you seeing this message at bootup? What anti-virus software are you running (try to disable it as well as any debugers or special programming tools)?

baronvondude
21.01.2006, 10:04
I'm running xp pro SP2.
I've tried 4.0 and 4.3 with same problem.
I'm running Norton Systemworks 2006 with internet security.
Also running Alcohol 120 (wasn't installed with 4.0) and Nero burning software but I don't have easy cd creator.

I've gotten this kernel debugger message at startup every boot. Also every boot I have to select "use last configuration that worked" and this either uninstalls DT or disables it as I have to reinstall to get it to work again. If I don't use last configuration then my system won't boot it stops at the windows boot screen.

I've tried removing the SPTD.sys and disabling Norton to no avail.

This whole boot problem was annoying enough to remove v4 but i still got the debugger message every boot even though DT wasn't installed. This didn't go away until I installed 4.3 and used its uninstall feature to take DT back off after having the same boot problems I'd hoped 4.3 had fixed.

I've decided to leave off DT and use alcohol until these bugs are fixed because of all the hassle but I wanted to post my problems in hope of helping out the fix.

quezcatol
27.01.2006, 16:10
Got the same problem,however sometimes daemon starts and work as normal,also,if i already mounted a cd,they will be mounted...but this is just so fucked uo :(
Had daemon for 2 years now,just for 2 weeks ago this problem occured,and no,i did not reinstall,it just happend,and it says the same thing as topic maker wrote.

Bleak_Outlook
30.01.2006, 18:01
right i just installed Daemon Tools and life was once again
all peachy and bright

but as things will, i rebooted and thats where things got dark
now i get

initialization error.
This program requires at least windows 2000 with sptd 1.24 or higher.
Kernal debugger must be deactivated

as im running XP im thinkin its gotta be my "kernal debugger"
? where is this, how do i deactivate it or should i even try?

i also got the problem with it freezeing at the boot screen
and having to start with my last known good configuration

the thing is if things go wrong for me i normaly just delete the program
and pretend it never happend (it pretects my ego , i dont like feelin thick)
but when i try the uninstall it tells me
it doesnt reckonize wot its sposed to be doing and then just sits there mockin me
i could just delete the files but im sure that cant be healthy

anyway thanks for takin the time to read this
and if any of you are able to help
please do

quezcatol
31.01.2006, 21:41
guys i might have a solution,take off "auto start" on daemon tool,i can now use my daemon withgout this problem.
Atleast its been working for days now...
Might fukk up now when i said it,but hopefully its over :wink:

quezcatol
01.02.2006, 11:04
fuck it...now its the same again :(

waldi
06.02.2006, 22:48
Have you guys ever tried to turn off the "noexecute" flag in your "boot.ini"?

Normally "noexecute" is enabled after you installed xp.

Just edit your "boot.ini" and put the following into it:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=alwaysoff /fastdetect

Just try it out. It just crossed my mind after reading your posts.

quezcatol
10.02.2006, 11:10
I fixed it,underheaven was right,whenever i started my pc and daemon did awork it also said,Kpsf could not start,so i searched for that file,and found it was a errorsafe anti virus program,and i took it away,and voila.
Daemon works perfect now :)

Entonem
17.02.2006, 15:00
I noticed the same thing happening to my computer as soon as i installed the service pack 3. This is something that daemon tools should try to work around as i dont want to have to compromise my security to use it

Kinlaadare
17.02.2006, 23:56
what do you meen by security?
System vulnerabilities? if yes, install W2K sp4.
Net vulnerabilities? if yes, mount a linuxbox with shorewall (win based firewall aren't sure enough) or better, get a real firewall box from netgear...

OMEGAXOX
21.02.2006, 19:00
This thing isn't making sense , its as if quezcatol is talking about another kind of bug
and as if he didn't have this kernel debugger problem.

What underheaven said isn't fully right , i haven't installed any protection software yet and im getting this error it doesn't have anything to do with the anti-virus softwares.

And i got this error when i reinstalled my windows XP sp2 on top of my existing windows to repair my windows because there was missing files , so when the reinstallation was done i started getting this error :

"Initialization error.
This program requires at least windows 2000 with SPTD 1.21 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

And i've tried searching for this kernel debugger in my computer but i haven't found it any help would be appreciated.

mastermind
22.02.2006, 00:45
"Initialization error.
This program requires at least windows 2000 with SPTD 1.21 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."
This message simply means that SPTD is not installed/present on your computer. SPTD is a driver that Daemon Tools v4.x depends on in order to function. Personally, I can't say for sure why SPTD isn't installed properly on your computer, but I suggest the following:

Go to the Downloads section and find SPTDinst_X86 (or SPTDinst_X64 if you're using Windows XP x64 Edition)
Download it - preferably to a location that will be simple for you to locate later
Run "sptdinst_x86.exe add". For example, if you downloaded the file to C:\Temp, you could click Start -> Run (or simply press Windows key + R) and type c:\temp\sptdinst_x86.exe add. Obviously, if you downloaded the x64 version, you should substitute "sptdinst_x86.exe" with "sptdinst_x64.exe".

I hope this can be of help to those of you who experience this issue.

OMEGAXOX
22.02.2006, 02:11
This message simply means that SPTD is not installed/present on your computer. SPTD is a driver that Daemon Tools v4.x depends on in order to function. Personally, I can't say for sure why SPTD isn't installed properly on your computer, but I suggest the following:

Go to the Downloads section and find SPTDinst_X86 (or SPTDinst_X64 if you're using Windows XP x64 Edition)
Download it - preferably to a location that will be simple for you to locate later
Run "sptdinst_x86.exe add". For example, if you downloaded the file to C:\Temp, you could click Start -> Run (or simply press Windows key + R) and type c:\temp\sptdinst_x86.exe add. Obviously, if you downloaded the x64 version, you should substitute "sptdinst_x86.exe" with "sptdinst_x64.exe".

I tried what you just said and i got this message

This program will install SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD) layer on your computer. WARNING - SPTD is not compatible with kernel mode debuggers (SoftICE, WinDBG etc.)! Please cancel setup if you plan to use kerlnel debugger on this machine.

and when i click OK i get this crash

Failed to oped confid key.

And yes it says "oped" microsoft typo :D

I hope you can still help and thanks advance

mastermind
23.02.2006, 22:59
and when i click OK i get this crash

Failed to oped confid key.

And yes it says "oped" microsoft typo :D

I hope you can still help and thanks advance
I've never encountered such a problem with Daemon Tools or SPTD before myself, but it sounds like it could be a problem accessing the registry.

Is sptd.sys already present on your computer (although not working properly)? If it is, it's located in the %windir%\system32\drivers folder. Please rename it to something else and reboot. Try running SPTDinst_x86.exe add again after the reboot.

SPTD locks one of its registry keys when active, and that's why I suspect that it could already be present on your computer. I don't understand why it should be failing, though. If sptd.sys is not currently present on your computer, it would be logical to assume that some sort of security software is causing the problem.

I don't think that the error message comes from Microsoft, by the way. It's probably the SPTD installer that displays the message.

illufe
27.02.2006, 02:00
yea I have the same problem except that it appears everytime i start my computer.

I got the message when I tried to open Daemon tool 4.03, it used to work though...
And when i try to uninstall it, i got the same message

I also tried to dl SPTD from this website and do the sptd.exe add thing, but the same thing appeared saying that failed to oped the registry

there is another problem with the DT, the newest version of alcohol requires SPTD i guess, therefore i was unable to install it...

sigh..

ShamblerDK
13.03.2006, 15:46
Normally I would not sign up for a forum, but I just had to in this case. I have narrowed the problem with the kernel debugger error message down to a Windows Update :mad: ... don't know which yet, but I am working on it. Check back here for updates! I am trying to figure it out atm.

ShamblerDK
13.03.2006, 19:41
Hello there fellow DT users!

Okay, I have had all kinds of errors with the new 4.03 version of DT during this last whole week of trial and error testing. The errors I haven't been able to correct, and so I see most of you have failed to correct too, I have now corrected. Only took me five reinstalls of Windows Server 2003 EE...

I have here, the EXACT, PROVEN solution to the kernel debugger error message AND the "Failed to oped config key" errors!

This guide is for Windows XP and all the way up to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. (Let me know if it works on Windows 2000 too).

The legal stuff:
I accept no responsibility whatsoever for the damages done to peoples software/hardware during the use of this guide... bla bla bla

Okay, here goes:
1. Boot into safe mode (Make sure to press ESC when/if it asks you if you want to load the SPTD.SYS driver!)
2. Go into your "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS" and delete the SPTD.SYS -and- the SPTDxxxx.SYS (Where xxxx being a random number that varies from computer to computer).

Okay, now it gets tricky:
3. Open up your Registry Editor and do a search for "sptd".
4. When found, delete them. You will find keys you cannot delete. You have to change the permissions on those keys, to allow administrators (notice the "s" at the end of "administrator") to change them, in order to be able to delete them. (Seems logical, right?).

The method to change permissions:
1. Rightclick the "sptd" key and select "Permissions..."
2. In the "Security" tab that has now opened, you will see the list of users that have access to this registry key and it's sub-keys. Click on "Advanced".
3. In this window you need to make sure that the "Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here." is NOT enabled.
4. Now select the users in the list you see before you and press "Remove". Now press "Apply".
5. Press "Add..." in that same window.
6. In the "Select User or Group" window you press "Avanced" and after that, press "Find Now".
7. You will now see the list of available users on your computer. Here you select "Administrators", (Still with the "s" in the end of "Administrator"), and press "OK".
8. Okay, back in the "Select User or Group" window you also press "OK". (Notice that there is now a user in the list at the bottom of the window called "<ourcomputername>\Administrators").
9. Now, we're back in the "Advanced Security Settings" window in the "Permissions" tab. Select the "Owner" tab.
10. Select the "Administrators" user and enable the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" option. Press "Apply".
11. Select the "Effective Permissions" tab.
12. In this tab you press "Select..." and repeat step 6-8. Now you should see "Administrators" in the "Group or user name:" box.
13. Press "OK".

Back to the main part of the guide:
5. Repeat step 1-13 for every single key you find by searching for "sptd", that you are unable to delete normally.
6. Reboot your Windows into normal (un-safe? :P ) mode and install DT 4.03 following normal installation procedures.

That's it!

If you have any questions, feel welcome to ask me here in this thread.

(On a personal note, I can say that I have gained a much deeper understanding of the Windows Registry during this week of trying to get SPTD installed. So it ain't all bad :P ).

kemlir
13.03.2006, 22:01
I repaired my windows today with the windows cd. Whillst doing that I also installed Service pack 2 amongst some other updates.

After I entered the newli reinstalled windows I got the same error messages as everyone else. I cant reinstall Daemon tools, nor can I uninstall it.

The uninstall message I get is: setup is unable to validate installation.

Install message I get is: Failed to oped config key.

It seems like I managed to uninstall Deamon tools. I still get the same error messages when I try to install it thou. What I did was I installed the older 3.41 version. Then I used the latest Daemon installer and uninstalled it. then I installed it again... but got the error message. The catalog is still in my programs files but the program isnt working.

Hope the people at Daemon fix this issue. I just formated my harddrive the other week. Fells a bit irritating to have to redo the formating again just because I cant seem to be able to uninstall service pack 2, which I belive has something to do with the errors.

floogy
14.03.2006, 22:26
@kemlir: Try to fix it like described in the post of ShamblerDK. That should help you to get rid of the DT registry entrys! Once you have deleted all spdt.sys and dtscsi entries you should be able to install DT again.

See also my way to fix a destroyed DT install, wrecked by a XP upgrade:
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showpost.php?p=52874&postcount=69

floogy

jessek705
15.03.2006, 13:36
Okay folks i solved this last night. Aswell this gets rid of the conflict with the new alcohol aswell

Go to ctrl panel-->system-->advanced tab-->start up and recovery-->write debugging information

change the setting to NONE

install alcohol 120 and d-tools

Hope this helps

Ford_Boss_Mustang@msn.com
15.03.2006, 15:03
:confused: :confused: Well that Didn't Work either... What do u guys mean with booting in safe mode..What the H**L am I going to boot in safe mode or whatever it is I'm going to start it in. And another thing I can't see any "<ourcomputername>\Administrators" I came to stage 8 and the It all got fucked UP!:mad: When Im "Replacing owner on subcontainers and objects" I get a message who saiyng "Wrong - Could not indicate the Owner for these Objects and Subcontainers indicated" What Do I Do?
:wink:

kemlir
16.03.2006, 17:08
I get the same problems as everyone else with the same error messages. Bit sad since i formated my harddrive last thursday, and I installed updates and service pack 2 this monday. And thats when I got the messages about Daemon tools. Fed up with it not working so I guess Im gonna format my hardrive again and skipp the windows updates.

Copytrooper
16.03.2006, 18:08
You should NOT skip the updates, but install the updates first, then Daemon Tools.

Burned_ice
17.03.2006, 18:42
As copytropper says install the updates first. It looks like the windows installer thats download with that doesn't like daemon to be installed before it is.

Phosgene
17.03.2006, 22:07

Okay, I have had all kinds of errors with the new 4.03 version of DT during this last whole week of trial and error testing. The errors I haven't been able to correct, and so I see most of you have failed to correct too, I have now corrected. Only took me five reinstalls of Windows Server 2003 EE...

Well ShamblerDK's plan worked for me. Send me your PayPal details and I'll send you a fiver. This was really screwing my life up and you have made my day.

Arvencheese
11.04.2006, 02:11
Well... More or less, I have the same problem, except I pretty much screwed my PC. See... I was playing Oblivion w/ daemon tools (absolutely awesome game), and my PC locked up. It went to that blue screen you all are probabably familiar with for XP where it's like... beginning dump of physical memory... such and such. So (and aparently before I should hve) I turned off my PC, and restarted...

No boot. %@#$!
Ok... no big deal, try again in safe mode... try again in use last good config bla bla bla... Try again with xp cd... No boot!

So... I instal a second instance of windows onto my hard dirve... and I can kind of run that... except a lot of programs don't run.. I think because of the registry running out of the new windows folder as opposed to the old one that had all my entires for everything, and Whamo! Daemon tools gets that stupid kernel debugging and STP whatever error. I just want to play Oblivion right? So anyway, I haven't seen anything simple here that seems like it's going to help much, but I'll let ya'll know if and when I am able to fix this. Help would be apreciated. Thank you for you time.

Peasant
19.04.2006, 08:25
I too would not normally subscribe to a forum like this, this however is the solution i used for my xpsp2(home edition) laptop.(compaq)

firstly made sure i had the 4.03 istalation package as a download(un touched)

edit boot.ini to AlwaysOff/NOPAE as described earlier in forum

rename sptd.sys in Win sys32 drivers folder to some thing else

reboot and run the 4.03 installtion to fix problem(error message pops up, just keep hitting ignore until the end of the installation ,or maybe hitting abort has the same effect,I'm not sure) , let computer reboot

OK i'm not saying it is a panacea but it did solve the problems. oh yes also run Alcohol on system, but as far as i am aware if you don't muck about and just try to solve the daemmon tools problem then this solution worked for me(also run Nero and Roxio + other emulators)

SB2000
29.04.2006, 16:50
Im allso having the problem with the Kernel Debugger. I have the DT logo an i can mount cd:s in the down right corner by the side of the clock.
But now to the problems, when im trying to start DT by pressing Start > All programs (direct translation from swedish) > Deamon tools i got the "Initalization error... widows 2000 with SPTD 1.24... Kernel debugger must be deactivated"-message. The first time i saw the message after i installed DT correctly (yes ive had some problems with installing it) was when i logged out from windows and logged in again then the message appeared. Now i have installed a new version of th ATI Catalyst and it installed some windows s*it for me. Now i have to log in every single time im starting the computer (no it doesnt work to disable it) and if don't log in as fast as possible the DT wont start, i got the message and i have to reboot the computer to get it started. This begins to be really annoying. Anyone knows to get rid of the poblem?

peachfuzz12
21.05.2006, 08:01
just wanted to add to this problem.. i recently re-installed my windows XP and got this error when trying to run DT, a side effect of this was that my ipod would not be detected when it was plugged into the computer, the little "safely remove device" icon would appear, but no drive was accessable in explorer or itunes.

deleting that file fixed everything though. cheers

nickknaack
02.06.2006, 23:12
Ok, after extensive, and I do mean extensive searching about problems related to DT and Alocohol, I can pretty much say that the problem is indeed Windows update related. Alcohol used to work on my comp when I had XP sp1... I recently did a format (actually a few times because of this problem) with XP Sp2 and although didn't update xp completely, did add the necessary security updates. I have tried to go into safe mode and delete sptd.sys and sptd****.sys and reboot. All that does is bring up Alocohol again and want me to install SPTD again (because it knows those files are missing). Someone mentioned disabling the kernel debugger, that also doesn't work. AFter reading so many stories like mine, it looks like something in the windows update is screwing this all up and until DT or Alcohol gets their asses in gear and fixes the SPTD problems, it will just continue to be more annoying. They should at least already have a hotfix out for it. It's sad, really.

nickknaack
02.06.2006, 23:53
Well after lots of formats, researching, and hair-pulling, it seems as if the only soultion for me to get Alcohol 120% to work (if I may correct my above post) was to de-activate the kernel de-bugger (right click on my computer, properties, advanced, startup and recovery settings, then change it to "none"). I don't know about DT yet... we shall see.

Underheaven
19.06.2006, 04:12
do NOT post here regarding the Windows 64-bit security update/patch "kb914784". This is the wrong thread and your post will be removed.

The proper thread for talking about that patch: New WinXPx64 update breaks Daemon 4.03x64! .

Update: That thread is now closed. We don't need comments on that update/patch anymore. Read what is written if you want to learn about the patch situation.

Jenga
23.06.2006, 21:18
I've been having problem with this after installing Daemon tools...it asked me to disable kernal debugger, I did, and now I get errors with my computer starting up (it turns off sometimes) and I have to start it up multiple times and whenever Daemon tools shows up in the start up, it gives me an error message saying "product not installed". Help is welcome.

Jito463
24.06.2006, 03:09
What OS are you running? What version of Daemon Tools?

Underheaven
24.06.2006, 09:09
I think the product not installed message is from DAEMON Tools 3-series but the information about kernel debuggers is from the 4.xx install program. Trying to launch an older version of DAEMON Tools at startup? Can you manually locate daemon.exe and load it?

Jenga
24.06.2006, 14:29
I think the product not installed message is from DAEMON Tools 3-series but the information about kernel debuggers is from the 4.xx install program. Trying to launch an older version of DAEMON Tools at startup? Can you manually locate daemon.exe and load it?
Actually, after uninstalling it, I redownloaded Daemon tools and it's been working fine ever since. Like I said, it's only on turning off and turning on my PC is when I problems. It's V4.03HE.

Underheaven
24.06.2006, 14:56
Actually, after uninstalling it, I redownloaded Daemon tools and it's been working fine ever since. Like I said, it's only on turning off and turning on my PC is when I problems. It's V4.03HE.

Do you think DAEMON Tools is causing a problem upon system startup and shutdown? I would put the blame on some other component.

Jenga
24.06.2006, 18:04
Do you think DAEMON Tools is causing a problem upon system startup and shutdown? I would put the blame on some other component.
It's been doing this ever since downloading daemon tools. And I still get the product not installed message. Is there any way to re enable the kernal debugger? I've been having this trouble ever since disabling it...so MAYBE everything will work again by re enabling it. (I'm willing to do this even if it means I can't use daemon anymore)

Underheaven
24.06.2006, 21:59
It's been doing this ever since downloading daemon tools. And I still get the product not installed message. Is there any way to re enable the kernal debugger? I've been having this trouble ever since disabling it...so MAYBE everything will work again by re enabling it. (I'm willing to do this even if it means I can't use daemon anymore)
You're system doesn't have a kernel debugger unless you installed such a program yourself. A kernel debugger is a piece of software that programmers use. So yes, try removing DAEMON Tools from your system but my guess is the problems won't go away.

Jenga
25.06.2006, 01:03
You're system doesn't have a kernel debugger unless you installed such a program yourself. A kernel debugger is a piece of software that programmers use. So yes, try removing DAEMON Tools from your system but my guess is the problems won't go away.
Yep. You're right. Also, is it just me or the forums REALLY slow? I didn't mean to actually make that third post, I made it after the first didn't show up.

Underheaven
25.06.2006, 03:52
Yep. You're right.
Did you also remove SPTD either manually or via the "sptdinst_x86.exe remove" command?

the forums REALLY slow?
The forums are moderated for users under 20 posts so you're posts won't appear until they have been cleared.

bocin
04.07.2006, 06:06
Hi! My first post...I had the same error after an xp64 autopatcher update (june). I found this forum looking for help. I thought before I got into something a little out of my ken I would just re-install daemon tools. It worked for me!!!

Underheaven
04.07.2006, 09:24
Hi! My first post...I had the same error after an xp64 autopatcher update (june). I found this forum looking for help. I thought before I got into something a little out of my ken I would just re-install daemon tools. It worked for me!!!

If you downloaded DAEMON Tools 4.03HE since yesterday then you downloaded a fixed version (new version is compatible with the x64 windows patch). The version number stays the same, its still 4.03

jaymz085
06.07.2006, 00:57
i installed daemon tools and just like everyone else it told me it would deactive kernel debugger. Now my Norton AntiVirus isnt working at all. How can i reactive kernel debugging to get my antivirus working again?

I've already tried uninstalling it and reinstalling... doesnt work.

I dont understand... Someone please help me. I've searched on forums and websites and cant find a solution.

Jito463
06.07.2006, 13:11
Daemon Tools doesn't "deactivate" anything. The warning message when you install says you must deactivate any running debuggers to use DT. As for Norton, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling using their cleanup utility? There's no reason DT should interfere with it.

Removing Norton with RNAV (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&src=&docid=2001092114452606&nsf=nav.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=&seg=)

Goobles
06.07.2006, 14:15
The method which ShamblerDK gave is too much of a mission to get DT working, cant we get a more simple solution, is there a solution for this, it seems nothing is working.
Windows cant find sptdinst_x64.exe neither, when i try run sptdinst_x64.exe add

Underheaven
06.07.2006, 20:26
The method which ShamblerDK gave is too much of a mission to get DT working, cant we get a more simple solution, is there a solution for this, it seems nothing is working.
Windows cant find sptdinst_x64.exe neither, when i try run sptdinst_x64.exe add
Look in the Common Problems and Solutions forum for an easier way to update to the new SPTD version.

Felgue_PK
13.07.2006, 14:08
I have the same problem with "deactivate Kernel Debugger".I have being using Daemon Tools for very long and last week I finally installed the SP2.Then Daemon stopped working.I have the 4.0.0 version.I have tried to unistall it and it did not work.I also tried to install the 4.0.3 version and it shows the same error.I followed the instructions I found in this forum but I donґt seem to be able to solve anything.I found the solution to update the version 4.0.3 in the Common Problems and Solutions forum for an easier way to update to the new SPTD version.But it only solves the problem if you already have the 4.0.3.

My question is:What can I do if I have 4.0.0.???How do I update to the new SPTD version????.Maybe I have read the solution and did not realize but I donґt know how to do it.

It would be a great help if anyone could give me a hint.Thanks in advance.

Underheaven
13.07.2006, 20:34
I have tried to unistall it and it did not work
I suggest running the program mentioned in this post (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showpost.php?p=61738&postcount=4) to help perform an uninstall of DAEMON Tools 4.xx.

Felgue_PK
13.07.2006, 22:48
Thanks a lot UNDERHEAVEN.Iґll try what you suggest and I will tell you about it.Sorry I skipped that post :confused:

Echelon009
17.07.2006, 05:48
Hey everyone, this could help alot or none at all. My first suggestion is check your computer for malware asap!!! I have had no problems with my comp for over a year and a half until these past few months where I have gotten tons of that crap out of nowhere. I researched and some of them screw your registry up among several other things. Also, several types of malware that have recently come out are NOT detected by AV, only certain programs I have found have actually worked. Now this may be useless information for some, but if Daemon just quit working suddenly, or the debugger has been enabled for no reason, I would suggest to check your comp. The 2 programs I have found to be most useful are prevx1 and smitfraudfix.
Note-I have not been able to get daemon working yet as the malware I had messed up my registry and I havent been able to fix it as of yet.
Hopefully this helps.

hxzero
31.07.2006, 06:44
I have this same problem. I get this identical error:

"Initialization error.

And also the "failed to oped config key" error when attempting to install.

However, ShamblerDK's solution on the second page, while it's thorough, does not work for me, mainly because my system requires that I use msconfig to choose Safe Mode BEFORE I shut down and reboot; therefore, I cannot choose not to load the SPTD driver. Even in safe mode, using the search function still does not come up with any files named "sptd" and there are none in the registry; I don't know how I can delete these as a fix when I can find none in the first place :\

So are there any other solutions? I would be really glad to recieve some help regarding this problem. Last week I installed a new motherboard, and although everything else runs perfectly, it may be something to do with the new hardware.

Copytrooper
31.07.2006, 10:36
Please don't use v4.00 anymore!
Rename sptd.sys and reboot, then try to install v4.03.

hxzero
01.08.2006, 04:32
Okay I searched again and this time found and deleted the SPTD.sys and SPTD****.sys files as per ShamblerDK's fix, and attempted to install first the SPTD ver. 1.25 drivers and then Daemon 4.03, but neither worked. Any other help?

Underheaven
01.08.2006, 14:36
Okay I searched again and this time found and deleted the SPTD.sys and SPTD****.sys files as per ShamblerDK's fix, and attempted to install first the SPTD ver. 1.25 drivers and then Daemon 4.03, but neither worked. Any other help?

The program mentioned in the following post automates the steps that ShamblerDK outlined (a few more things too). It looks like you have already performed those steps but you can give it a try. Other than that there's nothing else I can think of to do.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showpost.php?p=61738&postcount=4

critofur
21.08.2006, 06:04
Ok, I have Visual Studio installed and it has a kernel debugger, so I know that's why Daemon Tools stopped working. My problem is I can't find how to disable the debugger ?!?!:confused: Can anybody help me with this? I couldn't find the answer on google either :rolleyes:

:D

I'll un-install Visual Studio for now (PITA) but I'll need to re-install it again later so I'll keep looking for the answer...

Jito463
21.08.2006, 19:06
Have you contacted MS support for help? What about searching in the MS Knowledge Base articles?

MrT
23.08.2006, 22:44
Hello
Thanks to Underheavens great program I was able to uninstall Daemon and get rid of the debugger issue.But Iґm still stuck with a few problems that started with,and I guess are caused by this issue.

First is ICQ,when I try to start it says "Program canґt start because it has the wrong configuration,reinstalling it might help.But trying to reinstall it gives same message and instal gets aborted.Trying to uninstal it give the message" Error opening reg key" and "ICQlite.long canґt be found" only advice I have seen on icq boards is to reinstall and it doesnґt work.
Anyone have similar problems or see an answer?

Other things that happend is that
Autoprotect on Norton antivirus stopped working.
Startup is extremly slow and it doesnґt detect my external harddrive unless I restart it.

I hope someone can help me even if itґs not specific Daemon issues,seem to be many knowledgeable persons here and I donґt know where else to turn.This aall started with the kernell debugger message,so I guess itґs related.

Thankful for any help
Kind regards MrT

Voroma
27.08.2006, 18:41
I had this exact problem after formatting my hard drive. I had installed Daemon tools before finishing all of my windows updates.

When I booted up I got the Kernel debugger error message and could also not uninstall Daemon,so came here to look at the forums.

After reading all the posts it looked like a lot of hard work so I just tried downloading and installing Daemon again over what was already on my hard drive and it works fine now.

Worked for me hope it works for you :) I love it when simple things work ;)

WareWolf2000
29.08.2006, 05:48
In Windows 2000, the instructions you provide stop with the manipulation of the user rights on a given key, that isn't avail. in win2k. However, after reboot (the instructions included removing the system files..) I was able to run the sptdinst_x86.exe and have it successfully complete. After a reboot, there was an error about the virtual scsi device not loading, but the image I had left mounted was still there! Cool, I thought. Next, I was able to successfully uninstall DT4.03 finally. I imagine that now that I've done this uninstall with success, I can put it in again w/o issue. I was having issues with the M$ update for MDAC, prior to this issue. In the process of resolving this, I repaired my OS back to SP2 status, and then rolled it back forward in a different order so that the MDAC update was successful. So, for me, this DT problem was a left-over side-effect of an extensive Windows repair process.

Now as for this whenusavenow spyware slime, screw that! I would use something else first. Back to 3.41/4.01 for me, or PowerISO or Alcohol.. Too bad, I've always liked DT..

CongoMan
29.08.2006, 12:29
You ARE aware that the installation of that spyware slime is OPTIONAL, aren't you??

Jito463
29.08.2006, 15:31
Actually, it's not "spyware slime" or any other kind of spyware, it's adware.

misuss
08.09.2006, 07:07

Solved :rolleyes:

I got the same problem on Win xp64 installation. Right after installing win I installed also DT and it worked normally, after updating win (windows update, many security updates) DT got this problem.

I just downloaded SPTDinst_X64 from download section, executed it with remove command, then with add command, restarted system and DT works with no problem.

Ul1ght3
06.10.2006, 15:48
i got the same error here...
initialization error.
this program requires at least windows 200 with SPTD 1.24 or higher.kernel debugger must be deactivated.
my solution is go to start > run > (type here) msconfig > go to TAB startup >uncheck here DT refer to C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\... Apply and reboot system.
error never comeback anymore.

misterious75
14.10.2006, 12:17
OK u're a great man, everything seems to be ok now.

My pc is now ok, i could install daemon or alcohol again, but i won't because in this way i install again sptd files giving me the same freezing issue.
1)So, how can i install (or use something alternative) daemon/alcohol with sptd without causing kernel debugger conflict?
2)In these conditions i can't play The guild 2 that request the use of Daemon 4.06, any suggestions?

Note that i had to manually disconnect my dvd reader/burner to make the game playable, Securom blocked it if i didn't that!

Thank u very much for your help.

I have here, the EXACT, PROVEN solution to the kernel debugger error message AND the "Failed to oped config key" errors!

This guide is for Windows XP and all the way up to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. (Let me know if it works on Windows 2000 too).

The legal stuff:
I accept no responsibility whatsoever for the damages done to peoples software/hardware during the use of this guide... bla bla bla

Okay, here goes:
1. Boot into safe mode (Make sure to press ESC when/if it asks you if you want to load the SPTD.SYS driver!)
2. Go into your "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS" and delete the SPTD.SYS -and- the SPTDxxxx.SYS (Where xxxx being a random number that varies from computer to computer).

4. When found, delete them. You will find keys you cannot delete. You have to change the permissions on those keys, to allow administrators (notice the "s" at the end of "administrator") to change them, in order to be able to delete them. (Seems logical, right?).

2. In the "Security" tab that has now opened, you will see the list of users that have access to this registry key and it's sub-keys. Click on "Advanced".
3. In this window you need to make sure that the "Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here." is NOT enabled.
4. Now select the users in the list you see before you and press "Remove". Now press "Apply".
6. In the "Select User or Group" window you press "Avanced" and after that, press "Find Now".
7. You will now see the list of available users on your computer. Here you select "Administrators", (Still with the "s" in the end of "Administrator"), and press "OK".
8. Okay, back in the "Select User or Group" window you also press "OK". (Notice that there is now a user in the list at the bottom of the window called "<ourcomputername>\Administrators").
9. Now, we're back in the "Advanced Security Settings" window in the "Permissions" tab. Select the "Owner" tab.
10. Select the "Administrators" user and enable the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" option. Press "Apply".
12. In this tab you press "Select..." and repeat step 6-8. Now you should see "Administrators" in the "Group or user name:" box.
13. Press "OK".

5. Repeat step 1-13 for every single key you find by searching for "sptd", that you are unable to delete normally.
6. Reboot your Windows into normal (un-safe? :P ) mode and install DT 4.03 following normal installation procedures.

That's it!

(On a personal note, I can say that I have gained a much deeper understanding of the Windows Registry during this week of trying to get SPTD installed. So it ain't all bad :P ).

gill_granier
22.10.2006, 12:00

The legal stuff:

Okay, here goes:

WOAH!!!!!
now i got a problem here...
i was just soo happy to finally find a solution to my problem... but ironically my ESC button does not work!! :( (looseer!!)
now theres just NOTHING i can do?? :(
is there a configuration in windows where i can assign the ESC function to some other key?

thanks...

AlohaSAqua
03.11.2006, 16:47
Hi guys,

Well I was really upset with this Error message, went trough the forum, almost edited my PC Register, but what I ended-up doing was:

1- I tryed to uninstall...failed

2- I tryed to re-install from a fresh download... innitally error messages, kept trying to re-install and voilб... Daemon Tools and virtual drivers set-up ok...!!! But, on the next reboot... What-The-F..k new problem ... now myTeamSpeaker isn't working anymore... went to the TS forum...lot of people with same error...no solutions available...

3- Restauration to the previous day of DAEMON TOOOLS update and voilб...

TOTAL SUCCESS... :)

I hope it may help you, but, Iwouln't fiddle with the Register as I'm not that expert...

holtvg
19.11.2006, 20:14
when I try to turn on my daemon tool,it says that the program require at least window 2000 with SPTD 1.21 or higher and need to deactivate Kernel Debugger.
Help?

Gotten this error before and fixed it. It means that the sptd driver is corrupted or doesn't have enough disc space to launch. Check to see if you have enough memory and disk space to launch it. If you do then the culprit is the sptd, uninstall and reinstall daemon tools. Have no idea why daemon tools displays such a cryptic error message no one understands.

palco
10.12.2006, 14:52
First, excuse my bad english.

I have this problem: When I install DT 4.08 and restart windows I lose my admin. rights. For example: I can't access RegEdit, TaskManager, Run in START menu and may be other. Because of that my antivirus and firewall (Kerio) can't run.

Is there a solution of this problem.

I've runing WinXP SP2 with last updates.

Thanks in advance.

ciaphas
25.12.2006, 22:33
i've just installed daemon tools on my laptop to get these error messages and this worked. Some of the keys can't be deleted, so remove all the sub-keys

The legal stuff:
Okay, here goes:
13. Press "OK".
That's it!

bazted
01.01.2007, 14:47
I have been havng difficulty installing Daemon Tools. So i have had a go with your method. No success but it did make a difference. When installing it now says "unable to create service error code 5".
I didn't manage to eliminate all references to sptd in the registry.
Am i supposed to remove folders? ie SPTD & Legacy SPTD?

damnedtree
07.01.2007, 06:49
you don't have to delete the folders themselves, but all of the files within any folder brought up by the search should go. I also got a few files with their filetype undefined within these folders that wouldn't be deleted. don't worry they dont need to be. also, at first i was convinced it hadnt worked because after rebooting from the registry I still got the message, and after the initial reboot during the installation process I again still got it. once the install is done however, daemon is right as rain. i rebooted again to make sure.

I joined just to give shambler his props. no way i would have figured that out on my own. I won't pretend it was fun, but it worked.

henxan
10.01.2007, 12:35
Hi!

I found a sollution to the problem which displays the kernel debugger bug!

My sollution is just to rightclick deamon tools, click "run as" and choose administrator. Doing this deamon tools starts up as it should. Then, deactivate "automont" in the deamontools config settings. Then you wont get the errormessage on startup, you wont use as much system-resources as if it is mounted.

For me this is a OK sollution as i do not use deamon tools too often. And if i need to use it, i only "run as" and exectues DT :)...

Not quite the "grand sollution" but, it shoud be adequate for most people..

Jito463
11.01.2007, 02:09
Or you could change the startup line to the following.

runas /user:<yourmachine>\Administrator "<path to daemon.exe>"

Where <yourmachine> = your computer's name and <path to daemon.exe> = well, the path to daemon.exe. You should get a command window popup that asks for the Administrator password. Type it in, and you're good to go. I have yet to find a way to add the password into the runas command.

evlncrn8
11.01.2007, 02:32
according to the help (runas /?) it states
NOTE: Enter user's password only when prompted.

so i guess you cant, without hacking something up.. most likely some security thing..

Jito463
11.01.2007, 15:43
Yeah, looking around online indicated that they explicitly left that feature out to avoid people abusing it.

FnF
31.01.2007, 12:33
I found out what's wrong with this error "Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.37 or higher and need to deactivate Kernel Debugger" under Vista.
The current package of 408 with SPTD 1.39 fails to load with this error. However, SPTD 1.39 is perfectly installed, which isnt the problem. After installing 408 of my previous package (With SPTD 1.38 or 1.37, not sure which one), it doesn't install SPTD ofcourse, since newer version is already installed, but it does install DT408 again. And yes, with this version of DT408, the program boots fine without the error message. Maybe the 408 in the updated package is rotten?

FordPrefect
31.01.2007, 17:52
Or you could change the startup line to the following.

runas /user:<yourmachine>\Administrator "<path to daemon.exe>"Where <yourmachine> = your computer's name and <path to daemon.exe> = well, the path to daemon.exe. You should get a command window popup that asks for the Administrator password. Type it in, and you're good to go. I have yet to find a way to add the password into the runas command.

If you use the switch /savecred you only have to enter the password once ( XP only ). Maybe thats an option. ( Afaik know the password is stored unencrypted )
I also found this while searching, haven't tried it myself
http://www.robotronic.de/runasspcEn.html

[deXter]
04.02.2007, 10:57
You can use Sysinternals PsExec (included in Process Tools) instead of RunAs.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/ProcessesAndThreads/PsExec.mspx

The syntax would be

psexec.exe -u Administrator -p Password -d "<path to daemon.exe>"

--

An alternative option would be to use MakeMeAdmin.cmd , to temporarily elevate your account to the admin group. However you'll need to enter your password and the admin password manuall. But you could edit it and replace runas with psexec so there would be no need to type in the password.
Yet another alternative would be to use SuDown. It works like MakeMeAdmin, but is far more easier to use. After install, right click on the setup/file and choose "SuDo".

Don Carnage
10.02.2007, 18:43
I had this problem and I am using Vista 32 bit all I did was reinstall the application without doing anything else and it works .

DISCORD
20.03.2007, 07:44
Hi All! Had this problem too but reading this thread really helped so cheers all !!
For those still with the debug deactivate error try this:
Grab the SPTD_Deleter.exe from this Post (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showpost.php?p=61738&postcount=4)
you'll also need SubInACL.exe put in the folder of the SPTD Deleter. If you dont have it get it here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E8BA3E56-D8FE-4A91-93CF-ED6985E3927B&displaylang=en)
Now reboot to safe mode and run the SPTD_Deleter.exe
Once done reboot back to normal mode
As the install never completed properly go to where you installed daemon tools and delete the folder and all content.
rebooting now should give no errors so ya know it gone!!!!
Now download the latest sptd drivers from here (http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads)
make sure you chose the right one 32bit / 64bit
Install and follow what need to be done.
Now install daemon Tools 4.08
Hope this helps!! worked for me so thought Id pass it on as most of the help i got to get this far was from here ;)

mndlngwenya
30.03.2007, 10:27
Help?
im having the same problem,how do i fix it

Jito463
30.03.2007, 19:19
Do you have the latest versions of SPTD (1.42) and Daemon Tools (4.08)?

DISCORD
03.04.2007, 22:51
You'd have thought the trouble this is causing that the latest versions of SPTD would have come as part of the install of Daemon Tools 4.08.

Does Daemon Tools 4.08 need SPTD 1.42 or is only a bug with certain hardware configuration??

The recent version of Alchole120% had the same effect before I managed to fix it. Yet it seem its not effecting all so I'd assume some are still running there's, either Daemon Tools or Alchole120% using the old SPTD drivers.

Jito463
04.04.2007, 14:07
Not everyone has problems, for those that do there's updated copies of SPTD to try and resolve their issues. The next release will contain the most current SPTD available, as always.

arekanderu
16.04.2007, 22:05
Unfortunately i have downloaded latest 4.09 version and i am still seeing this issue.

Please note that i am using Windows 2003 Server, Visual Studio 2005 but i have disabled the kernel debugger from boot.ini with the /NODEBUG option and the JIT debugger just to make sure.

If i re-installed daemon tools then again it works until i reboot my system. Furthermore for some unknown reasons it breaks up other applications as soon as it breaks, like my Cute FTP 8 Pro. They are completely irrelevant but Cute FTP starts to fail when Daemon fails so i am assuming something is terribly going wrong.

claudio514
20.04.2007, 05:33
When the sptd driver i loading i cannot cancel it .... ive tried many times pressing escape ... but it doesnt work ... help plz

ric3boxx
09.06.2007, 18:26
right i just installed Daemon Tools and life was once again
all peachy and bright
but as things will, i rebooted and thats where things got dark
now i get

initialization error.
This program requires at least windows 2000 with sptd 1.24 or higher.
Kernal debugger must be deactivated
as im running XP im thinkin its gotta be my "kernal debugger"
? where is this, how do i deactivate it or should i even try?
i also got the problem with it freezeing at the boot screen
and having to start with my last known good configuration
the thing is if things go wrong for me i normaly just delete the program
and pretend it never happend (it pretects my ego , i dont like feelin thick)
but when i try the uninstall it tells me
it doesnt reckonize wot its sposed to be doing and then just sits there mockin me
i could just delete the files but im sure that cant be healthy
anyway thanks for takin the time to read this
and if any of you are able to help
please do

you can get to the debugger by goin
-my computer
-C: drive
-Windows
-System32

theres a (kernel32.dll) and a (krnl386)
from there i dont know what to do....
=P

Sir Camehan
10.06.2007, 02:28
Odds are, if you don't know what a kernel debugger is, you don't have one installed.....:D

Kinlaadare
11.06.2007, 13:45
And, by the way, kernel32.dll and krnl386 are not kernel debuggers. Either, don't even try to touch those files, you would get in serious problems...

r4v3n
11.11.2008, 09:02
I had same problem with kernel debugger message today. I have not had this before although I have not changed my WinDBG (Debugging tools for Windows) or Visual Studio. Any ideas of this error i benign and just a timing issue when Daemon and SPTD loads or something?

I use 4.30.1 and SPTD 1.56.

Why is there a problem with Kernel debuggers? Is there a way to make it work anyway if that is the case? I only use images without copy protection so I don't really need it to hook into the kernel layer. Is there an option to use it without kernel layer in this case or is that needed anyway to create the virtual CD/DVD?

tathagata
11.12.2008, 04:19
i had tried to install daemon tools in my computer..the setup had asked to turn kernel debuggers off. i did so .now it wanted a reboot
but after it was turned off it restarted and restarded and never came to a stable condition
what can i do now?
i am not so much savy and tell me in a beginner way:confused::confused::confused:

Blazkowicz
11.12.2008, 16:48
DAEMON Tools Professional Help: You must reboot after previous operation (http://www.daemonpro-help.com/?id=296)

Escape
09.03.2009, 22:00
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\SERVICES\S PTD]
"Type"=dword:00000001
"Start"=dword:00000000
"ErrorControl"=dword:00000001
"Tag"=dword:00000006
"ImagePath"=hex(2):53,79,73,74,65,6d,33,32,5c,44,72,69,76,65, 72,73,5c,73,70,74,\
64,2e,73,79,73,00
"Group"="Boot Bus Extender"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\SERVICES\S PTD\CFG]
"s1"=dword:2df9c43f
"s2"=dword:110480d0
"g0"=hex:38,23,e8,d0,bf,f2,2d,6f,64,6f,5f,01,56,9b,0d, 5e,a1,07,d9,86,fe,94,3a,\
a3,db,58,a3,0c,72,ce,d3,a8
"h0"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\SERVICES\S PTD\CFG\19659239224E364682FA4BAF72C53EA4]
"p0"="X:\\Program Files\\DAEMON Tools\\"
"h0"=dword:00000000
"khjeh"=hex:5f,12,fa,34,53,7c,38,5e,61,3d,ae,e1,28,45,7d, 8a,bd,74,4a,89,12,a4,\
dd,4f

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\SERVICES\S PTD\CFG\19659239224E364682FA4BAF72C53EA4\00000001]
"a0"=hex:20,01,00,00,12,05,99,5a,fb,65,0f,4c,b6,03,73, 51,52,85,77,d1,a4,c4,06,\
48,14,58,8e,94,d7,f6,c1,75,0e,27,1d,65,81,14,f7,1e ,80,70,71,b2,13,0e,f2,88,\
1a,fd,2c,52,cd,ad,4f,b8,9c,82,25,07,3f,dc,12,a5,a6 ,5a,9d,55,f9,a3,98,10,b8,\
6a,7b,15,8b,dc,ac,4b,e2,1b,12,73,75,c2,35,77,24,ec ,0e,a7,27,bc,5b,e8,ee,3c,\
d2,ff,a1,c5,5d,41,40,5b,e0,6f,73,d6,a1,67,aa,91,3f ,ef,9d,a1,cf,99,ac,a4,04,\
b6,0f,37,f7,34,36,96,5c,65,49,8a,06,54,48,e3,cd,75 ,db,b2,24,11,72,6e,90,2c,\
c5,93,ab,c0,34,c4,28,82,77,dd,d2,b7,1a,7e,dd,9c,02 ,0a,28,9a,23,02,2f,95,43,\
12,5e,ee,3a,8a,22,2b,6d,c9,49,81,bc,92,7d,8d,5f,5e ,ef,b6,46,95,a8,24,19,e5,\
15,39,58,58,70,e6,2b,15,c9,8e,82,e4,da,1c,95,71,9e ,47,c4,c7,6c,e4,47,d2,e2,\
7f,8e,e3,50,86,c1,c2,04,de,60,ad,14,c9,93,c2,b5,37 ,4a,a6,de,31,3d,a5,91,9f,\
4c,7c,41,88,af,d9,56,7c,d6,58,1a,d8,e9,db,ea,38,68 ,19,23,49,7b,93,c6,4b,12,\
e7,1a,b5,65,eb,81,c7,d4,e7,ab,24,97,9b,88,f1
"khjeh"=hex:5c,0b,a1,00,4e,bf,7c,92,c3,29,dd,d0,8b,d1,d3, 64,5e,01,84,21,62,23,\
96,81,4e,c8,4e,b1,29,c4,a2,5e,b4,73,89,86,78,de,73 ,4c,5e,18,8d,e1,f2,f2,61,\
60,ae,14,bd,2c,87,f2,1b,b8,14,dd,12,50,6e,29,d9,92 ,94,bd,30,3e,93,47,e2,d7,\
da,ad,92,34,4e,f4,0b,8e,2e,b9,80,db,68,12,4a,f6,e7 ,db,0e,01,6d,0e,2f,fe,45,\
de,7a,0e,bf,ff,29,c3,51,e8,37,e2,8a,5b,80,4a,8b,50 ,d6,c5,20,4d,c5,e8,b4,c9,\
b5,60,c9,de,70,7a,c3,7c,37,91,d3,dc,e5,df,bd,6b,b6 ,c1,51,27,d7,d2,5f,a9,91,\
fb,83,3f,ca,ed,48,3d,16,43,94,39,80,91,8b,78,b2,9d ,f6,79,d3,ab,3a,6a,75,d8,\
e7,66,96,aa,41,9c,ce,12,3a,fd,dc,90,f1,05,97,84,c4 ,c2,7d,23,f0,1c,03,a5,2c,\
91,9d,ad,6a,9a,68,e5,45,b9,5c,36,a2,bc,a9,5b,76,00 ,09,12

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\SERVICES\S PTD\CFG\19659239224E364682FA4BAF72C53EA4\00000001\ 0JF40]
"khjeh"=hex:e4,f6,3c,98,71,81,5b,a0,40,8d,51,7b,cb,75,3e, 1e,aa,f9,1a,a1,09,72,\
dd,b9,51,8b,6d,d4,66,a3,c3,87,54,b3,3a,69,5b,c4,28 ,30,c2,b2,87,65,54,2a,8e,\
b8,22,0e,ab,84,25,9c,88,93,7b,2b,d6,b1,12,4d,5e,88 ,10,30,b3,5d,f2,5a,27,40,\
20,22,df,03,9c,ee,84,0d,54,2a,0b,49,8f,f5,bc,d8,33 ,ac,78,33,5a,f1,cd,bd,e7,\
a1,42,41,fe,98,5f,5a,ba,c0,eb,ea,9a,22,d6,e7,d5,44 ,6c,85,f1,d5,da,0b,c1,bd,\
13,bd,22,37,56,f4,d7,90,b5,53,3a,93,74,7a,19,09,52 ,67,04,1e,58,08,d6,67,57,\
ee,d2,c1,f6,fa,37,9e,cb,82,7a,9e,17,4a,4b,b3,1a,e7 ,6c,21,d3,b4,69,3c,d0,2a,\
69,88,8a,59,78,e8,fe,b8,64,52,e2,3f,b8,33,ca,91,a1 ,ca,ad,8a,cc,37,d2,f2,88,\
7a,ca,15,9b,c0,09,2c,ac,a5,95,c8,52,37,25,1c,6a,f9 ,0e,da,78,5e,6f,60,c6,09,\
dd,ae,ee,40,84,16,7f,d3,92,f1,bb,dc,2f,86,29,c2,de ,0a,1b,bf,75,00,6c,e3,46,\
6f,64,76,1a,58,d9,55,28,e2,c0,05,af,83,f5,4d,e8,50 ,cc,79,75,30,d5,d2,a9,1d,\
5c,97,78,8b,98,18,46,c8,80,5c,d5,de,89,7c,85,2d,7b ,d9,1d,b4,ef,40,a3,5b,a8,\
3a,0f,62,b8,72,a8,2b,31,ac,0e,dc,8c,8f,aa,a9,6e,56 ,eb,2c,34,96,16,2a,e1,64,\
02,96,38,7c,3d,3d,e9,2b,0f,e8,46,63,32,80,a8,83,4c ,b5,62,d8,81,17,4c,8c,11,\
09,a5,08,8d,f9,64,6a,b0,dc,a6,2c,18,e4,13,fe,1d,45 ,5c,b1,63,8e,cd,01,52,79,\
62,da,ff,87,6c,f3,82,44,f9,5f,04,43,62,8d,fc,cc,a2 ,10,e1,05,a4,ef,0d,c5,38,\
a7,75,5f,ab,1e,71,f5,7c,c9,58,43,96,91,f8,5e,65,47 ,35,cb,c0,91,d8,cc,6d,75,\
4f,10,a3,11,41,e7,63,2c,73,d3,b5,80,d1,6a,f8,a5,98 ,74,61,aa,a0,db,ac,52,2a,\
be,d4,e0,25,55,53,a7,f5,b9,eb,42,ee,89,01,ab,11,84 ,b7,a0,bd,d8,22,42,59,4c,\
59,69,02,ff,bf,78,20,e9,e8,58,91,f7,2b,c6,1a,3e,72 ,c0,25,39,73,b2,9e,e6,d6,\
b8,e5,a7,cb,20,d2,ca,5c,bf,08,32,70,bd,50,3c,55,01 ,92,f9,e5,ec,9a,d7,3d,b0,\
1e,c7,d5,87,c0,d9,10,1f,06,82,02,cc,89,90,6f,de,b0 ,03,c4,49,a2,a8,5c,89,07,\
e2,f8,cf,a8,22,c1,06,4d,6e,e5,1e,2e,25,64,c7,12,ca ,c2,e1,74,e1,45,a2,c6,83,\
52,a1,1f,1e,4f,fe,f6,5e,43,79,5f,a2,e6,e8,5d,fe,78 ,ab,4e,6b,99,b8,68,a3,2e,\
13,92,f8,5a,55,4b,9a,9e,90,8e,ed,08,f8,3f,6d,2e,aa ,27,27,c5,18,61,28,00,e3,\
1a,22,e1,76,ae,c3,19,55,77,ce,24,e2,9f,4f,b2,68,03 ,18,f2,0d,5e,ea,ef,40,08,\
93,4f,01,cd,1e,77,6f,8d,0d,10,cb,ff,df,b5,7c,c3,27 ,85,14,d2,26,e4,24,ac,e6,\
c7,b8,10,f1,bb,cf,a0,cd,e2,e0,f0,30,a9,60,3b,88,2a ,01,02,25,fa,ed,89,05,d5,\
85,86,4e,31,04,d7,95,32,33,4d,11,ce,8a,2d,df,f5,89 ,9c,50,c9,2c,37,eb,53,6c,\
78,c6,53,b0,c2,12,16,d4,81,a3,79,ef,e9,7c,bc,08,48 ,c3,5a,9b,51,e5,65,c5,5f,\
bf,ca,20,6e,b2,a9,d9,31,b6,1c,a4,7d,33,c6,8f,9e,68 ,bd,45,64,6a,71,87,03,d7,\
91,86,0c,45,75,02,8d,bf,81,f8,07,7c,2b,10,e9,56,1b ,ae,07,12,6c,04,1c,7a,cd,\
67,89,57,1d,17,46,55,95,b2,0a,2a,60,a5,f8,9e,af,14 ,6a,39,90,31,ef,8e,f9,15,\
51,d5,22,5a,c3,9f,bf,f5,ac,b5,32,ca,b4,b0,82,d3,63 ,b2,54,bb,02,48,b2,87,63,\
9d,2d,e5,bd,27,94,9a,a3,12,4f,a7,ae,75,e0,0e,89,26 ,1b,70,ea,c7,35,6b,21,f9,\
42,1b,4e,5c,3a,fc,56,4a,87,a8,16,08,e2,2c,ca,1a,4c ,da,10,36,34,f0,15,23,29,\
44,fd,25,8f,2e,89,0f,b1,bb,bb,15,e3,30,78,89,10,23 ,f8,f4,99,eb,7f,85,a2,50,\
76,04,f6,c3,8b,ca,e7,0a,22,97,15,f1,12,88,fb,ee,38 ,bb,2a,ab,c5,de,fa,b9,5b,\
c6,d7,bc,93,81,df,24,bd,43,05,6d,00,e1,3b,22,02,0f ,de,cb,6f,19,0e,05,f3,c7,\
8e,40,77,cf,e2,6c,ff,b8,fb,a0,49,fd,5f,a5,c2,31,de ,21,e2,fa,33,c4,1b,87,44,\
6c,da,1c,df,aa,82,7f,2f,c4,bc,4b,7e,cb,f1,f4,1a,5a ,3e,59,5e,12,c3,8d,6c,38,\
df,2b,62,8d,64,e9,92,56,0c,b2,6f,72,2d,6b,de,4b,06 ,87,c6,cf,3e,2e,02,f7,80,\
74,0c,9c,10,f7,e4,c3,48,7c

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\SERVICES\S PTD\SECURITY]
"Security"=hex:01,00,14,80,90,00,00,00,9c,00,00,00,14,00,00, 00,30,00,00,00,02,\
00,1c,00,01,00,00,00,02,80,14,00,ff,01,0f,00,01,01 ,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,\
00,00,02,00,60,00,04,00,00,00,00,00,14,00,fd,01,02 ,00,01,01,00,00,00,00,00,\
05,12,00,00,00,00,00,18,00,ff,01,0f,00,01,02,00,00 ,00,00,00,05,20,00,00,00,\
20,02,00,00,00,00,14,00,8d,01,02,00,01,01,00,00,00 ,00,00,05,0b,00,00,00,00,\
00,18,00,fd,01,02,00,01,02,00,00,00,00,00,05,20,00 ,00,00,23,02,00,00,01,01,\
00,00,00,00,00,05,12,00,00,00,01,01,00,00,00,00,00 ,05,12,00,00,00

Skal-Tel
30.06.2009, 04:33
well wouldnt ya know it. another question regarding the debugger error message. mine is basically the same, except that im running Vista Ultimate 64bit and did not receive the message until recently today when i turned my pc on.

for antivirus i have Norton and Spyware Doctor. Norton was installed a day or 2 ago, before this problem happned, and Spyware doctor was installed today, after the problem.

at first i thought that it might be because of Norton, but i dont think there is a conection, because the problem happened some time after Norton was installed.

so how would one go about fixing this problem on a Vista machine?

Copytrooper
30.06.2009, 12:24
Please check system eventlog regarding SPTD error messages (run eventvwr.msc), post the entire message incl. all binary bytes.

JLMiller
22.07.2009, 13:34
See also the first sticky post in this forum:

http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f14/incompatibility-between-daemon-tools-zone-alarm-extreme-23997/

- John

lemuel
21.09.2009, 18:54
I noticed the same thing happening to my computer as soon as i installed the service pack 3. This is something that daemon tools should try to work around as i dont want to have to compromise my security to use it

please help i have to deactivate this kernel thing:D

Gunsumoa1
27.09.2009, 15:05
Atleast for me I think I have found the problem with the Kernal Debugging Error.

I own 3 computers 2 have Vista Home Premium and 1 has XP Pro, I have had no problems with Daemon Tools Lite untill I upgraded Zone Alarm Security Suite from version 8xxxx to 9xxxx.

The new version of ZoneAlarm Security Suite now add's ZA's Forcefield, after removing this part of the program (in the Add/Remove it's called ZA Toolbar) I no longer get the Kernal Debugging Error and Daemon Tools Lite now works again.

I didnt have to edit anything or change and settings.

I hope this helps you all out and good luck!!!

peruch0
02.10.2009, 06:55
Incompatibility between Daemon Tools & Spyware Doctor from Google Pack

Error 14 at install or

This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPDT 1.51 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated.

Google Pack "Spyware Doctor" conflicts with Daemon Tools
more specifically the windows service "PC Tools Security Service"

using msconfig.exe
Disable the windows service "PC Tools Security Service" or uninstall "Spyware Doctor" from Google Pack

ProblemSeeker
22.10.2009, 16:03
Hello!

The legal stuff:

Okay, here goes:

Here the problems start. When I try to search for more SPTD files in the registry it suddenly crashes!!! :confused: I cannot proceed with this solution :(

I deleted the file SPTD.sys in SAFE MODE from system32\drivers folder.

I am running XP sp2. Had no problems with Daemon Tools until yesterday, after I upgraded Zone Alarm to a newer version. I don't think it might have caused the problems with DT. I was using DT Lite, but cannot remember, which version that was. I cannot run the current version I downloaded today, obviously for the same old kernel debugger issue.

This is the usual message I received when tried to run DT (or was it after restarting PC at some point, when SPTD issue awoke).

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4937/sptdproblem.jpg

Anyway I uninstalled it afterwards, although there was some alert from windows (cannot remember exactly), yet the DT seems to be uninstalled. Upgrading/unistalling SPTD with SPTDinst-v162-x86.exe didn't help.

Somehow my registry crashes the PC every time I try to search more than one file there.

Is there any other solution, like do you have exact locations of SPTD file in the registry, so that I don't have to use the search option, that crashes my PC?

ProblemSeeker
22.10.2009, 16:06
Atleast for me I think I have found the problem with the Kernal Debugging Error.

I own 3 computers 2 have Vista Home Premium and 1 has XP Pro, I have had no problems with Daemon Tools Lite untill I upgraded Zone Alarm Security Suite from version 8xxxx to 9xxxx.

The new version of ZoneAlarm Security Suite now add's ZA's Forcefield, after removing this part of the program (in the Add/Remove it's called ZA Toolbar) I no longer get the Kernal Debugging Error and Daemon Tools Lite now works again.

I didnt have to edit anything or change and settings.

I hope this helps you all out and good luck!!!

Hey! I upgraded ZA to the same version yesterday and that's when DT started to make problems. I thought ZA wasn't responsible. I'll try to remove what you suggested.

ProblemSeeker
22.10.2009, 18:18
OK, apparently ZonaAlarm new toolbar Forcefield or whatever extra cause this problems. Removing the toolbar (which basically is that forcefield IMHO) from add/remove propgrams solved all my porblems with DT kernel issue.

Now I just have to find out, why my registry crashes computer every time I try to search for files there.

oakystar
11.11.2009, 21:00
Thank's, that Zone Alarm toolbar was the problem, after i removed it from control panel my DT started working perfectly :D

darlyn
13.11.2009, 11:49
I am on Windows 7 and am having the same issue. I do not have ZoneAlarm or any other crap like that, and even manually installing SPTD doesn't correct this. I did have PowerISO installed as well and removed it on the assumption that it conflicted with DAEMON, but alas nothing changed. The only thing I could think of that blocks programs is the Firewall, but I've added an exception for DAEMON.

Sway
13.11.2009, 11:59
Uninstall DT. Open Register Editor (Start -> Run... -> regedit), navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SPTD

and change Start value to 4.

Now reboot, navigate to this key again and change permissions on this key - right click on the key -> Permissions and set Full Access to Everyone .

Delete this key, reboor your PC and install Daemon Tools again.

Note: It is strongly recommended to disable all security software during installation SPTD/DT.

darlyn
13.11.2009, 20:18
The registry method worked. I had tried it before to no avail, but selecting and deleting the actual values instead of the entire "stpd" key did the job.

Mayhemm
18.11.2009, 02:50
I got the Kernal Debugger error for the first time last night. I'm using DT 4.10 and SPTD 1.59 on Win7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I had no problems with either the SPTD or Daemon Tools to start with. However, after I installed the latest security updates from Microsoft, I started getting the error.

While searching for a solution, I came across this old thread here (http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f14/new-winxpx64-update-breaks-daemon-4-03x64-12065/), which dealt with an error caused by a specific update for WinXP 64-bit. Could there be a similar problem with a Win7 update?

Blazkowicz
18.11.2009, 06:42
Install latest version.

lolek
19.11.2009, 20:29
Thanks! Helped me. Got the same kernel debugger error. I was migrating Vista to Windows 7 64bit. Using Microsoft Security Essentials.

Naikicoul
26.11.2009, 22:30
Hello,

I have the same problem

I have Win7 Family Premium 64bits
I installed "DAEMON Tools Lite v4.35.5 (with SPTD 1.62)" and after rebooting my PC, i got the message with Kernal error explaining me that i need at least SPTD 1.60 and windows 2000...

Now reboot, navigate to this key again and change permissions on this key - right click on the key -> Permissions and set Full Access to Everyone .

Note: It is strongly recommended to disable all security software during installation SPTD/DT.

Hello,

When you say to navigate to this key again.... what do you mean by "key" ?

Is is start value ?
Because when i right click on it, i only can modify it, modify binary datas....

tx

Blazkowicz
26.11.2009, 22:51
The key is called "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SPTD"
Registry value is "Start".
Just double click on Start and there you can set it to 4.

Naikicoul
26.11.2009, 23:05
Ok i did it, and now ?

Blazkowicz
26.11.2009, 23:30
Following the rest of the guide at DT Pro Help (http://daemonpro-help.com/?id=546).

tariqdam
29.11.2009, 20:44

Thanks, This resolved my problem after an upgrade from 7 bèta (7600.16835x86) to official.

purplesuit1
02.12.2009, 09:47
When i click on the sptd file i can find no start file or anything to change to 4. what exactly do i change to 4?

purplesuit1
02.12.2009, 10:17
so i put Start value to 4 and now i cant give full control to CREATOR OWNER. I click on it and the nclick apply and then my checks go away. bBt my SYSTEM, Administrators, and users all have full control. And when i try and delete the sptd file it says Cannot delete spd: Error while deleting the key.

Can anyone help?

ageles
09.12.2009, 21:24
I have 2 pcs one 32bit and one 64bit. This works for 32bit but I am not getting the same results for 64bit.

The registry fix only resolves installation problems. This does allow you to get Daemon tools properly installed but as soon as you reenable AV software or malware software and reboot there the problem is again. So it's either no security software and Daemon tools or security software and no Daemon tools.

Is there really no way to run both side by side? I have it working on 32bit this way, but I believe those of us who are still seeing issues is related to 64bit. My case anyway as all the software is exactly the same on my pcs. I thought 64bit adoption was going to be as fast as it was for 32bit, but sure wish I had stayed with 32bit on both of my pcs.

Any other suggestions for 64bit?

sajib007
14.12.2009, 05:47
Help? please help me

Oasisfan
01.01.2010, 18:35
please help me

I'm having the same problem. When I go to permissions for CREATOR OWNER, I try to check the boxes for Full Control and then hit apply. As soon as I hit apply, the checks disappear. Any advice?

cralwe
02.01.2010, 05:56
i am having the same problem, i disabled the debugger and still im getting the same message,plz help ty,

Blazkowicz
02.01.2010, 06:36
@Oasisfan
Please post screenshots of what you are trying to do.

@cralwe
Have a look at DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Security software solutions (http://daemonpro-help.com/?id=928%20class=)

dkordik
04.01.2010, 17:18

This solved this issue for me as well. I experienced the issue after downgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 Professional (not a typo, made possible via registry hack).

sylent1
05.01.2010, 00:41
Same problem. Never happened before. Was running a clean install of the tools and get the Kernel debugger error. Tried editing the boot.ini and got the bsod. Had to reboot to last good config and uninstall the tools. I am running unHackMe and their partizan rootkit boot analyzer. Would RATHER not disable my antivirus to run cd emulation software. Hope someone finds a solution cuz I love your stuff.

cralwe
07.01.2010, 05:22
how do i find this file, i tryed to find it and couldnt, and also i have windows 7

i use avest, didnt see it on there

Blazkowicz
07.01.2010, 06:41
Which file you are talking about?

cralwe
07.01.2010, 06:50
ok, i got the the sptd thing and changed it to 4, then i tryed to change it to everyone, and there is no setting to allow everyone acess to it, i i just clicked on every opion and clicked full acess, tryed to reinstall DT and same thing

do u delete the SPTD key ?

Blazkowicz
07.01.2010, 14:36
Yes, you have to delete it as mentioned in our guide (http://daemonpro-help.com/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.html).

kinggeo1973
26.01.2010, 02:33

thank you so much!

Kranic
30.01.2010, 06:44
So, I'm having the problem with the STDP too.
My problem is that whenever I install STDP it never seems to notice that it's already installed no matter what I do.
I've done everything in the Guide, but when I run the STDP exe, it still acts like it was never installed.

I have XP is if it helpful.

Blazkowicz
30.01.2010, 17:39
Which Service Pack?
Which SPTD?
You followed the complete guide at our help site?
Which security software?

cralwe
01.02.2010, 04:15
ok when i into permissions there was no everyone so i just clicked on each thing for each person/ user things then click ok it would reset, then when i went t delete it is wouldnt delete the file

Blazkowicz
01.02.2010, 06:40
User group "Everyone" must be in OS native language.

Trankt
01.03.2010, 21:27
I'm running Windows 7 and I'm getting the "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

I disabled the Kernal debugger through CMD and it still didn't work. I'm trying to run DTLite so I can use it with Oblivion.

Sway
02.03.2010, 05:16
DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Registry and SPTD problems (http://daemonpro-help.com/?id=932)

frmjin
03.03.2010, 06:47
this problem is very criticle.....

hi........service pack 3 is not bed ..........

Sway
04.03.2010, 08:31
Describe your problem more detailed.

byob_soad2
14.03.2010, 19:24
Having the same problems, I followed the steps posted by Sway, but I don't have the SPTD folder.
I don't have Daemon Tools installed, and as far as I know nothing else that uses SPTD.

Blazkowicz
14.03.2010, 19:48
byob_soad2, it is a key, not folder.

Also it seems it is a security software issue then.

byob_soad2
14.03.2010, 20:41
Oh. I don't know a whole lot about that kind of stuff...

Either way, it's not there. So, what can I do to try to make DT work?

DaDon
22.03.2010, 16:10
ok first of all i read all your posts

have HP compaq nc8430 (nootebook)
i have
Win 7 ultimate x86
version - 6.1.7600
i have ESET NOD 32 Antivirus

1) When i install deamon tools lite ( DTLite4355-0068) with SPTD drivers 1.62

or if I install SPTD drivers before deamon
i get same massage

"This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

CANT EVEN START WINDOWS ( i must restore it to time before i install deamon or SPTD drivers )

2) I go to find that key in regedit
manual and with search but I cant find the folder named SPTD ITS NOT THERE THAT MEAN ITS NOT EVEN INSTALED

3) Now every time I restart my laptop or shut down and turn on

I get same massage :

"This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

ANY smart idea ???
Pls

Sway
23.03.2010, 07:56
DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Registry and SPTD problems (http://daemonpro-help.com/?id=932)
Please make sure you performed all steps from this guide correctly.

Wyco
30.03.2010, 21:13
Hi,

I'm also having some issues with installing STPD (and thus DT as well). I have a win7-x64 with admin privileges, also running NOD32 [v4]. I can't install STPD, the sys files don't get created in the system folder, the registry keys in currentcontrolset don't get created, though the whole services has full control privileges from everyone. I'm at a bit loss as to what to do.
STPD tells me that I need to restart the computer, but when I do so and try the install again, it tells me there isn't an STPD on my computer (so basically it acts like a mini endless loop)
Any ideas would be welcome.
Thnx.

Blazkowicz
30.03.2010, 21:27
Are there any other security software installed (ZoneAlarm Toolbar is also some kind of security software)?

Wyco
30.03.2010, 21:46
Bollocks. Ignore my previous post please. I was searching for STPD instead of SPTD, so no wonder I never found any...

Anima
05.04.2010, 14:14
I also have the "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated." problem

Please make sure you performed all steps from this guide correctly.
I tried to follow theese steps but on step (after rebooting the first time)
"6. Check Replace owner on subcontainers and objects

7. Press on OK, this will take a little time to complete (it is possible you have to close all Permissions window and reopen it to continue." I get:
"Registry Editor could not set owner on the key currentky selected, or some of it's subkeys."

I have win7 -64

And AVG anti-virus and zone alarm firewall.
If i go to "msconfig >services" and stop Zoonealarm toolbar IswSvc" my deamon works but I'm afraid that Zonealarm wont work properly then?

Blazkowicz
05.04.2010, 14:37
ZA will work properly, just not the toolbar which is causing the problem.

Anima
05.04.2010, 15:06
ZA will work properly, just not the toolbar which is causing the problem.

That's great! Strange thought that I thought I didn't install the toolbar but apperently I did.

Thank you for the help!

Pesi
07.05.2010, 15:50
I read all in this topic and i have got one new problem. SPTD cannot be detected.

What i do, was:
1) unistall deamon and alcohol
2) deleated STPD from registry and system32/drivers in safety mode (i do it by directions from this forum and nothing left in registry)
3) reboot, clean registry by Ccleaner, reboot again
4) instal the newest STPD (SPTDinst-v169-x64)
5) and the problem is on the world
6) STPD is in registry and in system32/drivers, but when i start the instaler SPTDinst-v169-x64 it write that "No SPTD version was detected".

I´ve tried do it more time(steps1-6), instal the newest deamon. But nothing helped. And i didn´t instal anything new in last time.

My computer is:
Asus M51Ta: AMD TurionX2-ultra (64bit), with ATI mobility radeon HD 3650
System: Microsoft Windows 7 professional 64bit in czech mutation.

Thank you for your advice because i don´t now what to do more.

Blazkowicz
07.05.2010, 16:48
What's your security software?

Pesi
10.05.2010, 08:28
What's your security software?

I have got avast 4.8 home edition. I tried to instal STPD with avast turned off. And no change.

Blazkowicz
10.05.2010, 10:38
Do you have ZoneAlarm toolbar installed?

Pesi
10.05.2010, 14:49
Do you have ZoneAlarm toolbar installed?

No i have not.

And I using windows firewall and avast.

icebox4u
23.05.2010, 18:37
I have an idea: Make software that doesn't depend on SPTD. You know, like, be original? =) Seriously, if SPTD is the, ah, root of DT hassle, sounds like it would be a good time to become independent of it. Just a thought.

ruicunha
05.06.2010, 19:38
**** this, never had this error.

How on hell you make software with this kind of errors, and ask people to edit regestry to solve your stupid errors.

And you wait for people to pay for this software?

DT worked fiine for years today i get this error, wonder how many virus you pu on dt lite?

Sway
05.06.2010, 20:18
Dear ruicunha!

Did you pay for DAEMON Tools software? I guess you didn't.
DT worked fiine for years
And you used DT without any payment. So what do you want? Can you make better software? Do this if you can! :redface:

For your information, it is not DT error. If you want to ask SPTD developers team concerning this problem, you should go to DuplexSecure (http://duplexsecure.com/).

wonder how many virus you pu on dt lite?

What viruses are you talking about???

P.S. Please DO NOT use filthy language. Otherwise you will be permanently banned.

emilio.gratton
10.06.2010, 15:58
I have Win 7 64bit with DT Pro v4.36.0309.0160 version. Installation went fine but after the restart I could not open DT (but mounting works fine until I restart). I got always the following warning: this program requires at least windows 2000 with SPTD 1.69 or higher. Kernel debugger must be disabled.
I already patched the SPTD (was just a reinstallation).
How can I solve it?
Thanks

Blazkowicz
10.06.2010, 16:18
Security software solutions | DAEMON Pro Help (http://daemonpro-help.com/en/problems_and_solutions/security_software_solutions.html)

Valentin Nielsen
13.06.2010, 11:23
I have Windows vista (SP2), avast 5 free together with Zonealarm. After installing Zonelarm my deamon lite tools began to give me "This program require atleast Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugging must be inactive". before that it worked smoothly

Regards,
Valentin

Blazkowicz
13.06.2010, 14:13
Did you follow above procedure?

silveirawog
28.06.2010, 16:13
I having the same problem on DT lite.
I have Avira AntiVir Personal, and Windows XP version 2002 service pack 3... I don't understand very mutch about computers system, so explain to me the simplest way please.
Thank you ;)

Sway
28.06.2010, 19:45
Did you follow this guide - Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help (http://www.daemonpro-help.com/en/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.html?)

pampered
28.06.2010, 22:09
If you have recently tried to install Daemon Tools 4, you may have encountered the error “Virtual SCSI driver not detected”, preventing Daemon Tools from starting after installation is complete. On a Windows 2000 SP4 system, wander into Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System, then click on the Hardware tab. Finally, click Device Manager…. If you see that a device under SCSI and RAID controllers has an exclamation point (!), you win.

To resolve the issue, you can now right click on the device with the exclamation point and select Properties. Now click the Driver tab and click Update Driver… In the Upgrade Device Driver Wizard, click Next, Search for a suitable…, and Next. Check only Specify a location and enter the path C:\winnt\system32 on a Windows 2000 Professional system and click OK. (The path varies on a Windows XP system C:windows\system32 for Windows XP Professional.) Windows should find a SCSI/RAID Host Controller. Click Next and Yes when warned the device driver is not digitally signed. Now, finish the process by clicking Finish.

Windows will probably want to restart. Allow it to restart once it’s convenient. You should find that Daemon Tools v4 is finally able to install a virtual CD-ROM drive, which will of course require you to reboot again. However, once your reboots are complete Daemon Tools should be working correctly.

To fix Kernel Debugger issue....require at least window 2000 with SPTD 1.21 or higher download SPTD 1.69 here
DuplexSecure - Downloads (http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads/)

Hraefn
24.07.2010, 08:20
Gentlemen... thought ya might like to know. I too have been experiencing this kernel debugger/sptd/internal error on attempted reinstall mess o' issues. Even by following ALL the steps I could find for fixing it I was unable to resolve this.

HOWEVER...

I went over to oldapps, and downloaded version 4.30.3 - works just fine, installed without a fuss, functions - no hay problema. What does this signify? Not too sure. But I figured it might be useful information for the powers that be.

Hraefn

thereaverofdarkness
20.08.2010, 11:07
I'm getting the kernel debugger error too, but I haven't done any of the things others say they have done. I didn't even install anything. Daemon tools was working fine until I changed the letter designation of a DIFFERENT drive, then I found I was unable to change the designation of the Daemon tools drive. I exited the program to see if restarting it would help, and I got the error when trying to restart it.

Zero installations, zero downloads in the background, I didn't do anything to Daemon tools.

I completely uninstalled Daemon tools, restarted my computer, and tried to reinstall it, and at the end of the installation it gave me an error that said "Internal setup error. Error code: 14. Contact support."

Blazkowicz
20.08.2010, 16:30
Please list running processes using Task Manager, thank you.

thereaverofdarkness
21.08.2010, 21:39
Please list running processes using Task Manager, thank you.

L = Local Service
S = System
U = User/Administrator
N = Network

L alg.exe 4.7m
S AsSysCtrlService.exe 2.8m
S ati2evxx.exe 4.3m
S ati2evxx.exe 5.7m
S avgchsvx.exe .4m
S avgcsrvx.exe .4m
S avgcsrvx.exe 5.6m
S Savgemc.exe .8m
S avgnsx.exe 1.1m
S avgrsx.exe .6m
U avgtray.exe 2.5m
S avgwdsvc.exe 2.3m
U chrome.exe 32.8m
U chrome.exe 54.3m
U chrome.exe 44.9m
U chrome.exe 15.8m
U chrome.exe 41.1m
S csrss.exe 4.3m
U ctfmon.exe 4.7m
U DAODx.exe 3.3m
S DVMExportService.exe 4.3m
U explorer.exe 18.6m
U ForceField.exe 2.8m
U GoogleCrashHandler.exe 1m
U HDeck.exe 14.8m
S ISWSVC.exe 6.3m
U jucheck.exe 6.4m
U jusched.exe 5.8m
S lsass.exe 1.7m
S services.exe 4.7m
S smss.exe .4m
S spoolsv.exe 5.6m
U Steam.exe 12.9m
S svchost.exe 5.8m
N svchost.exe 5.4m
S svchost.exe 28.3m
N svchost.exe 5.2m
L svchost.exe 5.5m
S System 103.3m
S System Idle Process .0m
U taskmgr.exe 6.1m
S ToolTipFixer.exe 6.7m
U TurboV.exe 27.7m
S vsmon.exe 27.9m
S winlogon.exe 1.6m
U wscntfy.exe 3.7m
U zlclient.exe 3.7m

Blazkowicz
21.08.2010, 21:58
Uninstall ZoneAlarm toolbar.

thereaverofdarkness
22.08.2010, 23:35
I don't have the ZoneAlarm Toolbar installed. I specifically chose not to install it during the installation of ZoneAlarm.

Blazkowicz
23.08.2010, 06:23
Disable ForceField (ISWSVC.exe and ForceField.exe).

winternyght
24.08.2010, 20:05
I'm sorry to post this here, because I couldn't find a way to send a message to a user directly, but this is related anyway.

I'd like to ask why it was assumed that I had not purchased the game, and thus I was banned. Of course, I understand the reasons for banning someone who hasn't purchased the game and is therefore trying to get past having to. But I have purchased the game. I just want a little technical support. Can't we at least talk before I get banned again? I don't even know what I said that made you jump to the conclusion that I was pirating the game.

Blazkowicz
24.08.2010, 20:36
I guess you are thereaverofdarkness.

Your quote:

I downloaded the iso and mounted it successfully, and it opens the DA:O autorun screen

Well, you stated you downloaded the iso and game didn't work with it.
If you bought the game, why you download an ISO from the net?
If you would have downloaded it from steam or publisher, you wouldn't have got an ISO at all --- only the game with a digital license.

winternyght
25.08.2010, 06:11
Yes, I am thereaverofdarkness.
--
That's my problem. My mom's mac has the disc stuck in it, and it won't let it go, so I can't play it on my computer. That's why I downloaded the iso. I don't understand why that has anything to do with me pirating the game since I have the legal CD key that goes with the game.

Anyways, my mom took her computer to the mac techs today, and I'll probably get my disc back soon. But could you lift the ban?

Also, I'm still wondering why daemon tools isn't working for this disc. It's not such a big problem anymore, but it seems like something worth looking into. But I'm going to drop the subject now.

Lift the ban please?

Blazkowicz
25.08.2010, 09:07
Even when owning the disc it is illegal to download a pirated ISO.
Disable Browser Security in ZoneAlarm.
You must recreate your image.

winternyght
25.08.2010, 09:57
Thanks. I didn't know that. I thought the copy protection was the CD key, so I still wonder why they require me to have the original disc. But no matter. Some people/companies simply can't be reasoned with.

rswhisper
30.08.2010, 22:14
Greetings

I have been using DT for quite some time.
Recently, I updated my laptop from Vista to Windows 7.
Since then, DT has stopped working, and gives me the error of
"This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher.
Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

I don't believe I have a kernel debugger, seeing I never installed one. I also have no idea about SPTD 1.60.

Skimming through this thread confused me more than helped me. I was wondering if I could receive as simple as possible of directions to aid me with trying to solve this issue.

Thank you most kindly.

Sway
31.08.2010, 05:25
Just follow this guide - Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help (http://www.daemonpro-help.com/en/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.html)

bullockinc
02.09.2010, 23:01
i.ve been using DT for 3 years on different pc's and only just started to get the error message today, did any one find out what causes the error and how to fix it? please let me no, thanx in advance. bullockinc:cool:

neo7
16.09.2010, 01:12
Just follow this guide - Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help (http://www.daemonpro-help.com/en/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.html)

Hi. I have the kernel debugger issue, and I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate. I was trying to install Daemon Tools Lite 4.35.6.0091 and it gave me that error, so I followed these instructions... But none of them worked. I tried just disabling the SPTD service, but that didn't work, so I tried removing the volatile key. When I booted it up this morning it still gave the kernel debugger issue. Now I've installed this exact same version of Daemon Tools Lite on a computer that's basically identical running the same version of Windows, and it didn't have any issues. Are there any other ways to get rid of SPTD? It's really screwing up things for me. Any help would be much appreciated.

~neo

Sway
16.09.2010, 07:43
Please specify your security software.

neo7
17.09.2010, 01:16
Sure, but I don't think it will make much difference. I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials, and so is the other computer I installed it on that had no issues. Also using Windows Firewall.

shadow1047
18.09.2010, 19:37
What string do I have to use in order to get to the boot.ini file?

Blazkowicz
18.09.2010, 23:16
boot.ini is usually in root of c:

neo7
19.09.2010, 01:10
Help! This is getting really annoying. Does nobody know how to fix my problem? :eek:

Blazkowicz
19.09.2010, 01:54
neo7, please list running processes using Task Manager.

neo7
19.09.2010, 02:32
Sure, though I don't see how that's relevant.

Current tasks running:
acrotray.exe
ApMsgFwd.exe
ApntEx.exe
Apoint.exe
audiodg.exe
chrome.exe
conhost.exe
ContentTransferWMDetector.exe
csrss.exe
dllhost.exe
dwm.exe
explorer.exe
flux.exe
FNPLicensingService.exe
FXSSVC.exe
GoogleCrashHandler.exe
hkcmd.exe
igfxpers.exe
igfxsrvc.exe
LifeChat.exe
lsass.exe
lsm.exe
MsMpEng.exe
msseces.exe
NkMonitor.exe
PDAgent.exe
PDAgentS1.exe
RBTray.exe
rundll32.exe
services.exe
smss.exe
speedfan.exe
spoolsv.exe
Steam.exe
svchost.exe
System
System Idle Process
taskeng.exe
taskhost.exe
taskmgr.exe
VCDDaemon.exe
WinAlarm.exe
wininit.exe
winlogon.exe
WLIDSVC.EXE
WLIDSVCM.EXE
wmpnetwk.exe

Blazkowicz
19.09.2010, 02:38
I wanted that list to verify ZoneAlarm toolbar isn't running (it can cause above problems).
I see on Apoint.exe you are having a Dell Laptop. Please try to manually install SPTD 1.74 from DuplexSecure - Downloads (http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads).

Also try the following command:
bcdedit -debug off

And then reboot.

neo7
19.09.2010, 03:05
I don't have a Dell laptop, I have a Compaq Presario C742TU. I guess I could try manually installing SPTD. Thanks, will let you know how that goes.

neo7
19.09.2010, 03:16
Well, I manually installed SPTD and that seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks very much for all your help. :D

HalpMeh123
19.09.2010, 18:08
i need help i tried everything that the guy above me was told to do.. and i still get error kernel debugger blah blah

Running Process's
cmd.exe
conhost.exe
csrss.exe
divxupdate.exe
dwm.exe
ehmsas.exe
explorer.exe
HpqToaster.exe
HPWAMain.exe
hpwuSchd2.exe
iexplore.exe
iexplore.exe
ituneshelper.exe
LightScribeControlPanel.exe
PIFvc.exe
PMB.exe
QPService.exe
rundll32.exe
rundll32.exe
sidebar.exe
SynTPEnh.exe
SynTPhelper.exe
takeng.exe
taskhost.exe
taskmgr.exe
WifiMsg.exe
Winlogin.exe

im on Windows 7 Ultimate x32 bit

Blazkowicz
19.09.2010, 19:50
Try to disable every service and process related to your Symantec Security software and try then again.

You also may try to disable Pando Media Booster.
So I assume you already tried to install SPTD 1.74 manually like you said above.

xnation
26.09.2010, 02:27
I have signed up just to post in this thread also.

I have read and followed all the solutions that other users have suggested and none of them have worked. In many cases some of the changes to system settings that are suggested as part of solutions were not possible because my system was already configured as the solution was suggesting to change it to (with advanced properties after right clicking my computer).

My computer is running windows xp, but whilst searching for a solution for this problem with DT, I have seen Vista users suggesting its a problem with Vista.

In short, people on different operating systems and different configurations are ALL having the same problem, everytime I read of a solution, it works for one person, doesn't work for the next, or works for some people for a few times then the issue reappears after a few reboots. The issue for all is the same though, on bootup the message of Initialisation Error kernel debugger must be deactivated.

This would seem to indicate the problem is with this build of DT. My computer is in good health and I shouldn't have to change loads of system settings and change registry entries to get DT to work.

Hopefully the developers will fix the issue and release a patch or a new version that doesn't have these issues, in the meantime I'll be forced to switch to a different program to read my .iso files.

Blazkowicz
26.09.2010, 02:32
You didn't post any info what exactly you tried, what version of DT and SPTD are you running, what security software you are running.

Also DT Net can already work without SPTD, just no protection emulation then.

jammnjim
26.09.2010, 03:02
I wasn't having the reboot problem, just the kernel debugger. After going through all the suggestions, I went to the control panel and checked the programs I had installed and realized that although I had disabled the toolbars from my browser. I hadn't un-installed the Zone Alarm toolbar. That done, I now enjoy error free DT use :)

antonl21
28.09.2010, 21:20
I am not sure if this is already mentioned but after the update of Comodo firewall to the latest version (4), daemon tools displayed this error.

The only solution was the uninstallation of Comodo.

Blazkowicz
28.09.2010, 21:21
Disable C+ (in settings the option which requires a reboot) and after a reboot it is working.

antonl21
28.09.2010, 21:30
Thanks for the quick response :)

I can't find this option (I have only firewall installed - not Defense+ or Antivirus) but I was able to reinstall Comodo and now both function as expected.

Blazkowicz
28.09.2010, 21:46
Defense+ tab -> Defense+ Settings -> Check "Deactivate the Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart" -> Reboot

antonl21
28.09.2010, 22:11
Thanks Blazkowicz. That should do the trick :)

spamme
29.09.2010, 14:42
Defense+ tab -> Defense+ Settings -> Check "Deactivate the Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart" -> Reboot Disabling an entire section of a security suite is a bit excessive.

Go to the Defense+ tab, Defense+ Settings, Exclusion Control Settings tab, (at the bottom) Exclusions button... add 'daemon.exe' to the list.

This resolved the window at bootup and when launching the Daemon Tools Lite frontend manually for me.

terrorownz
13.10.2010, 17:29

Well it would work but when i want do delete the stpd key its says im not allowed to remove. Got any idea how to delete without this error?

terrorownz
13.10.2010, 17:32
Oww forgot to say im having the problem since i upgraded my vista to windows 7. before the upgrade it worked perfectly.

Copytrooper
14.10.2010, 10:15
Well it would work but when i want do delete the stpd key its says im not allowed to remove. Got any idea how to delete without this error?
You must enable all permissions of cfg key (right-click on cfg -> Permissions) first. Be sure to reboot before (after disabling SPTD), and afterwards (before re-installation)!

Vaygrian
21.11.2010, 15:40
21 pages! This issue really needs to be fixed!

My Daemon recently stopped working and I'm aware of absolutely no changes in my system that could have caused this!
I didn't have that STPD-whatever thing installed, so I installed it manually from the link on the previous page but it didn't work. Why do I need that program now, I've never needed it before?

I have Microsoft Security Essentials installed - and until just now it hasn't caused any problems with Daemon.

Not sure how to copy my processes to here and I don't want to write them all manually (like 10 svchost I noticed just now, is that normal?)

MsMpEng.exe says it's an "antimalware service exe", maybe that one's bad? I have no idea.

TheRoyaleOne
09.12.2010, 12:54
I had the exact same problem as many of you. And, I went hunting for a solution. I knew my computer skill weren't up to the task, but my detective skills are. I've already done this on my computer; It was very simple. Daemon is up and running!!!!

Here is the blog that I found the answer on: Re-Installing Daemon Tools Lite (and SPTD) on Windows 7 (http://geekswithblogs.net/apopovsky/archive/2009/08/14/re-installing-daemon-tools-lite-and-sptd-on-windows-7.aspx) (I copied right from the bar)

I did only one thing differently. I did after my deletions receive the "fail to open service key" message. Just reboot; I didn't do anymore deletions. I then re-installed the SPTD as the administrator. Reboot as instructed. I already had Daemon loaded, but if you don't, install. I hope this help all the others out there suffering like I was. Good luck and pass on to anyone you know suffering....

sarojz
08.07.2011, 10:02
Thank you "TheRoyaleOne" for posting that link to that very helpful blog, it fixed my issue and I'm grateful for the info, thanks,

misosesic
06.02.2013, 12:00
Guys download Demon Tools 3.47 and install it.Works for me no more problem.Here is link Download DAEMON Tools 3.47 - FileHippo.com (http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/236/)

waryaa69
09.12.2013, 17:22
Guys I know what's wrong check these steps

1-you might have a virtual machine in one of your disks e.g+i did that to my disk and it
enabled kernel debugger

2-theirs something wrong with your OS reinstall it by FORMATTING IT.

4-theirs another copy of Daemon tools on the computer

5-you have got 2 or more OS's running on your computer if you used a virtual machine

other than that I don't know.

Make sure u ain't using NO virtual machine becuase DAEmoon tools makess virtual machins to make C-D