DT / Windows Reinstall issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT / Windows Reinstall issues

I have been using DT 4.00 for over a month now without any problems since i upggraded from 3.47 . However a couple of days ago i had do reinstall my windows to fix some other issues.

Now i cannot start my installed daemon tools as kernel debugger is enabled and i dont know how to switch it of.

I cannot uninstall DT as i get this error message: "Setup is unable to validate installation"

And i cannot run the installer ( to try and install DT over the previous one) because it gives a "System File Error" .

Pls help. Thx in advance

Facing the same problem..

I'm having the same prob..
    someone could teach us how to handle this problem?
    I don't wanna reinstal the entire operating system because of it and I pretend to load some CD images with DT..
    plz, somebody answer this topic..

Originally Posted by dozzen
    I have been using DT 4.00 for over a month now without any problems since i upggraded from 3.47 . However a couple of days ago i had do reinstall my windows to fix some other issues.

Now i cannot start my installed daemon tools as kernel debugger is enabled and i dont know how to switch it of.

I cannot uninstall DT as i get this error message: "Setup is unable to validate installation"

And i cannot run the installer ( to try and install DT over the previous one) because it gives a "System File Error" .

Pls help. Thx in advance

Comment

Hello,

Please use the search.

Read this

Comment

problem resolved

i managed to resolve the prob by digging through the forum.

1 - search my computer for "sptd.sys" delete it
        2- open system registry (regedit in run) and search for all entries containing SPTD. Delete them reboot and install new version of DT everything is fine now

Comment

Originally Posted by dozzen
          i managed to resolve the prob by digging through the forum.

1 - search my computer for "sptd.sys" delete it
          2- open system registry (regedit in run) and search for all entries containing SPTD. Delete them reboot and install new version of DT everything is fine now
          I tied doing that, but it won't let me delete the sptd.sys files, saying "Error Deleting Files - Unable To Delete All Specified Values". Does anyone know why this is happening, or a different way of going about it?

Comment

You can not delete it while it is in use. Rename it, reboot, then delete it if you want - or download sptdinst.exe for your Windows version (in our download section), and run "sptdinst remove" to remove sptd layer, reboot to complete un-installation.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
            X