Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help pls nothing happens when i click on daemon tools icon or exe!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help pls nothing happens when i click on daemon tools icon or exe!!!

plsss help me when i click on the daemon tools icon nothing happens no icon in the system tray no daemon.exe in the processus status in task manager the program doesn't start i tried to re install it the problem still there i tried to re install it when i click on the uninstall button nothing hapens either iu clicked on the uninsall button in the installed folder nothinig happens i rebotted many times the computer still the problem pls help it's version 4.00 i tried uninstalling it via the setup program after checking uninstall everything it just disappears pls help reallly i need daemon tools very urgent pls help me

Your keyboard is broken, consider getting a new one. Or is there any other reason you're consequently omitting all punctuation? I think a lot of people who might be able to help you will just ignore this post after having read the first line. It's extremely hard to make sense of what you're writing, believe it or not, there is a reason punctuation is being used in almost every language known to man.

Apart from that. Did you try using Daemon Tools 4.03? You say you don't get any error messages whether you're trying to install, use or uninstall DT?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

clarifying

why my post is not understandble , when i click on the icon of daemon tools on the desktop nothing happens , the icon on the systray doesn't appear , so i tought maybe the exe got corrupted , but when i try to uninstall daemon tools ; i click on the uninstall button and nothing happens again ,i tried to re install it over the existing directory still the same problem pls help

Comment

Apart of this, did you verify the program files\daemon tools dir to see if there is the exe there ?
        Do you have and admin account on your OS (XP only) coz if not you shouldn't be able to uninstall softs ? (i'm think). Hope you will success in using daemon soon !
        DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

re

yes i have administrator accounts and the exe is still in the installed directory the exe got corupted i think what do you do normally when an exe gets corrupted ? thanks

Comment

Reinstall the software.

Comment

here's daemon.Exe only

I've uploaded my daemon tools executable only (daemon.exe v4.03 for x86)

you can try it...
              Here's also an listing of my "Program files\daemon tools" dir, maybe it can help.

Did you look in the startup keys, maybe you should disable it from launching (start>run>msconfig) before to reinstall, Dont know what else can be your prob !

C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools

icons <DIR>
              tray1.ico
              tray2.ico

lang <DIR>
              1033.dll 8,256

Plugins <DIR>
              Images <DIR>
              bw5mount.dll 7,168
              ccdmount.dll 7,168
              mdsmount.dll 20,992
              nrgmount.dll 12,288
              pdimount.dll 7,680

daemon.dll 351,640
              daemon.exe 133,016
              pfctoc.dll 167,936
              uninst.exe 102,294
              DT 4.08 HE x86 - XP PRO SP2 - P4 3.2GHz - 1Go RAM - geforce 6600 latest drivers - Rock'n'Roll !

Comment

re

i can't re install the software when i click on un instal nothing happens and when i reinstall it still the same problem

Comment

Sorry to say but I think there is something wrong with your system if the .exe does not respond by launching an install program (and nothing opens up on the screen and no task appears hung in task manager). What kind of antivirus, pc protection/security, and anti-spyware software do you have?
                  Last edited by Underheaven; 22.01.2006, 01:31. Reason: i said 'spyware software' instead of anti-spyware software
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

re

i don't have ani anti spyware or firewall installed still have the problem

Comment

the exe i posted you is NOT the installation software but the application exe I took from my program files\daemon tools\. Just try it instead of yours (for sure i can confirm that it's not a virus if it's that you fear about). v4.03 on xp.

Comment

Got similar problem like yours before

Chances are that you might have some Windows' system registry files error. This could be the results of you've uninstalled some programs that have shared files or DLL files or deleted some of the system files with your anti virus or anti spyware programs.
                        Try this first, may sure that you've turned off any anti spy or anti virus program that startup when Windows start. Use Windows Explorer to locate the Daemon tools folder and delete it manually. Try re-install the latest version of Daemon Tools.

If all fails, then maybe you should consider re-install your Windows. While fixing your Windows' system registry files may be very complex to most people, it is very easy to re-install Windows. If you have nothing to lose by re-installing Windows, then it is probably the best solution if Daemon tools is a must on your system. Just remember to back up your files before you reinstall Windows.:wink: :wink:

Comment

Working...
                        X