X3 : Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X3 : Reunion

Hello everyone!!!I recently bought X3: Reunion (dvd version) and made a copy with alcohol 120% (Since i managed to wreck some other game dvds i had i'll always make a backup copy from now on...) I know that this game has Starforce V3.5.10.6 protection system and that my current DT v4.03 should be able to emulate it succefully but so far i haven't been able to play with the image i created.Anyone has any suggestions?

Have you unplugged your optical drives? What profile did you use to make the image and what DPM settings did you use? What error message do you receive when you try to run the game from image?

If you have unplugged your optical drives the most likely problem would be a bad image file.

Comment

Commonly with StarForce protected application you are required to unplug your physical CD/DVD-ROM Drive(s).

Daemon Tools can emulate StarForce protection, it's just that StarForce detects you have a physical CD/DVD-ROM in your system so therefore you are required to use it to play the game...

You could try using a program called "StarForce Nightmare" to hide your physical drive(s) but this is not guaranteed to work...

As i said above the most common solution that usually works is to unplug you physical drives...
      Mail:
      curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Staforce Nightmare (SFN) only works for lower versions of Starforce (SF) except you've a NForce 3/4 mainboard then SF 3.6 can work without unplugging anything or with deaktivating your drives. Be careful by using SFN. Unplugging/disconnecting your drives works for all SF Versions. Shutdown your pc, unplug the drives, start up, mount the image (make sure you made a image with the dpm option enabled) and play.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Hey

Haha same here. I lost BF2,prince of persia 3, and star wars battle front 2 in one horrific acident. Now i am gonna make copies of my game and keep them in a secret valut. Well anyways i am having the same problem but i have a question. I have SATA and is there a way i can disable it without manually unpluging it. i know your supposed to do it in device manager but i am not sure which one

here is a pic

thanks alot

Comment

gjivan72, please don't double post. The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Seriously,do you people use SEARCH before you post? Im sick of this X3 PROBLEM thingy... post the problem under the DOZENS of others "X3 PROBLEM" topic

Dont even bother... Daemon tools vIDE jammer will NOT come out this year (I am like, out of hope) Please,someone contradict my statement , PLEASE! (no but really, ofcourse i want them to do something about SF!)

Comment

Working...
              X