dvd player will not play dvds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvd player will not play dvds

I recently uninstalled Daemon Tools and now find that my dvd player will not play dvds. I receive the following error message [using MS media player ver. 10]:

"Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. Open Display in Control Panel, and then lower your screen resolution and color quality settings. To view the DVD Troubleshooter, click More Information."

My display setting are the same as they were prior to the install of Daemon Tools....My OS is XP Home.

Thanks for your time!!

I don't think this is related to DAEMON Tools.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Unfortunately my inability to use the dvd player IS due to Daemon Tools. I was watching a dvd roughly 3 hour BEFORE I installed/uninstalled Daemon Tools!! How coincidental!!

Comment

Unde the error code I found the reason for my inability to view dvds after installing/uninstalling Daemon Tools. The reason is that somehow my dvd decoder was deleted...here is what Microsoft says:

To play DVDs, you must have a DVD-ROM drive and a software or hardware DVD decoder installed on your computer. If you do not have a compatible DVD decoder installed, DVD-related commands, options, and controls do not appear in the Player and you cannot play DVDs. By default, Windows does not include a DVD decoder. For more information about DVD decoders, see the DVD Support in Windows XP Web page at the Microsoft Web site.
        Error ID = 0xC00D116A, Condition ID = 0x00000000

Comment

free DVD players

Can you provide steps for anyone else to reproduce this DVD decoder-removal situation? I wish I could help you but I cannot think of any causes for your current troubles.

If you want a simple suggestion for playing back DVDs again: install a software DVD player such as Media Player Classic, MPlayer, WinDVD, or PowerDVD. Two out of four of those are free.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
          X