Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows Media, Roxio, EZ Antivirus = Daemon Not Working... Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Media, Roxio, EZ Antivirus = Daemon Not Working... Help!

Hello!

Before I begin I know about the problems with Roxio CD Creator and Daemon Tools so I do not use Roxio. However Windows Media Player automatically comes with Roxio in it.

I was about to install EZ Antivirus and it said that Roxio on my system would conflict with it if not updated. I have used Windows Media Player with Daemon and never had a problem so I added it.

The update that was http://www.roxio.com/en/support/MSERR/CDR4_7.jhtml

And gave this message : Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by:

Roxio's CDR4 (cdr4_xp.sys)

After adding that my Daemon Tools stopped working! I loaded up a game and nothing happened. Not even a message telling me to load in a CD. Nothing.

I can not find out how to remove whatever was added to my system and so I am lost. I am running Windows 2000. At the moment I do not have any burning software on my system.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Windows Media Player 9?

I don't know if I'd trust a webpage to tell me what kind of errors I am experiencing on my system like that Roxio page purports to do but besides that point...

I'd attempt to get your old windows media player cd burning plugin back. Perhaps an uninstall, reinstall, or repair of Windows Media Player 9?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
    X