Mounting a CD image to a filepath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting a CD image to a filepath?

I know you can mount images to virtual drives, but can you mount an image to a virtual filepath?

I have a virtual filepath with the name of (C\Warcraft III.

Is there anyway I can mount my image to this? I only have one harddrive, and the only way I can think of doing anything else is partioning it and giving the partitions drive letters :/

Thanks for your help in advance.

Why don't you use DT to install your game to whatever path you want? You don't have to run the game directly from the image.

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim_is_here
      Why don't you use DT to install your game to whatever path you want? You don't have to run the game directly from the image.
      I don't understand what you're asking. You don't have to have the cd image on your computer to be able to run the game without a disc?

Comment

Originally Posted by silverlinkx2
        I don't understand what you're asking. You don't have to have the cd image on your computer to be able to run the game without a disc?
        If by "image on your computer" you mean the image file in some sort of game folder such as C:\Warcraft...then the answer is no, you don't need to do that in order to play the game. I'll try to explain better.

Think of the image as being equal to the CD disc itself...not to the installed game. And think of Daemon Tools as being the CD-drive. If you have the image and you have DT, then you can do exactly what you would do if you had a real drive and the real CD. Which is, install the game. It gets installed into some folder like C:\Warcraft yes, but this isn't the image. This is the installed game.

So you just install the game in a pretty normal way, but using the image + DT instead of a CD + a drive. Then afterwards, if the game doesn't require you to insert the CD again (most don't), then you don't need your image anymore. You also don't need to run DT again to play the game, you just play it from game folder from then on out.

Comment

P.S. -- Just to be clear, it makes no difference what folder your image is in before you install the game. Just tell DT where it is, which you do when you mount the image with DT. Mounting is equivalent to putting a CD into a drive. Once you do that, you do the install like normal. If the CD autostarts, so will the image. If the CD doesn't autostart, go to "My computer" and you'll see a new icon for your virtual DT drive, and start it from there.

Comment

Working...
          X