Installation Error - Computer Restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Error - Computer Restart

Well, I downloaded Daemon Tool v3.27 and installed it and everything, and the moment it installs a problem occurs where it reboots the computer. When the computer's back on and I try to open Daemon Tools an error message pops up saying "No language support detected." So I went searching around to see what the problem was and found how to turn off auto reboot and it shows you the blue error screen. This is what IT said,

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file:

SCSIPORT.SYS

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.
    Check... etc.

Technical Information:

STOP: 0x00000050

(0xF738A000, 0x00000008, 0xF7389FFF, 0x00000000)

SCSIPORT.SYS- Address F7389FFF base at F7375000, Datestamp 41107b3b"

I also tried what was recommended at a lot of sites which is to just uninstall it and all it's related files and reinstall it and see if it works. But, that has not worked, I keep getting these same results. Anyway, any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I run Windows XP and have a Compaq SR1620NX.
    Last edited by OniNoMidori; 29.01.2006, 18:40.

Common Problems and Solutions

Please see the post entitled "BSOD in SCSIPORT.SYS during Daemon Tools installation" in the Common Problems and Solutions forum.

Also the latest version of DAEMON Tools is version 4.03 (I suggest upgrading to it) and there never was 3.27 so you must be talking about version 3.47.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

New Problem with BSOD - Not StarForce Drivers

Hey, I tried installing Daemon Tools v.3.47 and I get the much feared Blue Screen Of Death. I read some of the other topics about it being StarForce drivers, but I looked up the drivers in question and they aren't on my computer and, obviously, couldn't be updated/removed by the programs provided. My blue screen says,

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
      The problem seems to be caused by the following file:

SCSIPORT.SYS

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.
      Check.... etc. etc...

Technical Information:

STOP: 0x00000050

(0xF738A000, 0x00000008, 0xF7389FFF, 0x00000000)

SCSIPORT.SYS- Address F7389FFF base at F7375000,
      Datestamp 41107b4b
      "

Then, after I restart the computer, there is an icon for daemon tools on the computer, but when I try opening daemon tools, the error message, "No language support detected!" Pops up.

If you need my minidump information, just tell me how to attach it.

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Comment

Yeah, sorry, I did some more searching and checked around the forums and saw the stuff about StarForce Drivers and did everything that was recommended, but I didn't have any starforce drivers. I posted another thread with a little more information. This one can be deleted.

Comment

I merged the threads together. As far as your SCSIPORT.SYS stop error, I can't think of anything else. Are you avoiding using any other version than DAEMON Tools 3.47?
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Check if you've minidump related to those BSODs (in Windows\Minidump folder), send newest file (unpacked!) to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

got newer version, but still curious as to what the problem was

Yeah, I just installed the new v.4 of daemon-tools yesterday and it works fine. But, I'm still curious as to what was causing the problems before, because it could potentially cause problems in the future with other programs. I'm going to send the minidump file to the support team and see if they can help out.

Comment

Probably SATA problem - v4.0x contains some workarounds for problems related to SCSIPORT.SYS and SATA drivers.
                Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
                X