usually it is done thru bios properties
    howeever in bios there is no option to change the mem allocated
    also intel graphics properties shows
    min and max graphics memory as 8 and 64

is there any way ican change mem allocated

i hope u can help me

thanx in advance

Bios updated ?
    DT & AS Customer. AS Support Team Member.

Comment

no
      shud updatig bios work?
      i think its risky to update bios

Comment

I would try a bios update.
        If you do, better check twice or three times, if you have downloaded the correct bios file. ( Motherboard Name and Revision, Bios Version, ... ) Take a look in your manual and maybe on the MB itself.

F.P.

Comment

Hi loveall2k,
          I used to use a motherboard with the onboard intel graphics chip and the same thing bugged me for a while. Mine had upto 64mb to use, but on the intel graphics properties only 15mb or something would be used. After a bit of research i found out that this is normal, because the intel graphics chip just uses the memory that it needs at a particular time, e.g. if you were playing a game that needed 64mb of memory the intel graphics chip would allocate 64mb for the game.
          Also remember that the 64mb of memory that is allocated will be taken from your overall system memory, so in your case you will have 512mb-64mb= 448mb of usable system memory.
          I hope this helps and makes some sense.

Comment

Its not risky to update the Bios, the most new Boards are using WinFlash to flash the Bios in windows with a reccovery option if it will fail, i updated my Bios often and allready downgraded it without any probs.
            You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Well, to be fair Mystique, there's always a risk when you flash the BIOS. It's all about minimizing the risk involved, though. For example, most BIOS flash programs will not let you flash the wrong BIOS anymore. However, if the power cuts out while you're flashing, your BIOS will be toast and you'll have to send the board back to the manufacturer to have it reflashed (unless you're good at soldering and unsoldering and happen to have an EEPROM programmer handy). So while it is less risky than it used to be, there is still a measure of risk involved.

Comment

hey guys!
                i want to buy the Asus A8N SLi Mobo. it says there are 4x SATA. but i have 2 IDE HDD and i dont wanna throw them away. so is there a way to use IDE on a board which has only SATA plugs?!

Greez LooDos

EDiT: and whats the difference between the A8n SLi and the A8N SLi Premium?

thx for the help...
                Last edited by LooDos; 02.02.2006, 18:31.
                My sysProfile!

Comment

Originally Posted by LooDos
                  hey guys!
                  i want to buy the Asus A8N SLi Mobo. it says there are 4x SATA. but i have 2 IDE HDD and i dont wanna throw them away. so is there a way to use IDE on a board which has only SATA plugs?!

Greez LooDos

EDiT: and whats the difference between the A8n SLi and the A8N SLi Premium?

thx for the help...
                  The premium has got a passiv-cooled chipset, more SATAS and more equipment, and so on. The chipset cooler of the a8n sli deluxe (my mobo) is s***, now i use a passive cooling solution and I'm happy. Of course the a8n sli normal has got ide.
                  I see one ide in the red mark.
                  My system
                  Boycott Starforce!
                  Wiederstand ist zwecklos! Ihr Assis werdet miliert!

Comment

ok thanks. so i wont need any additional cables...
                    PS: what do u think about my future PC config?!
                    My sysProfile!

Comment

Originally Posted by onemanstanding
                      Hi loveall2k,
                      I used to use a motherboard with the onboard intel graphics chip and the same thing bugged me for a while. Mine had upto 64mb to use, but on the intel graphics properties only 15mb or something would be used. After a bit of research i found out that this is normal, because the intel graphics chip just uses the memory that it needs at a particular time, e.g. if you were playing a game that needed 64mb of memory the intel graphics chip would allocate 64mb for the game.
                      Also remember that the 64mb of memory that is allocated will be taken from your overall system memory, so in your case you will have 512mb-64mb= 448mb of usable system memory.
                      I hope this helps and makes some sense.
                      Thank u for ur help people
                      as far as games work properly i wont mess with the bios :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by vatras90
                        I see one ide in the red mark.
                        That's actually two IDE (P-ATA) connectors (Primary & Secondary, for up to four drives) and a Floppy connector.
                        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                          That's actually two IDE (P-ATA) connectors (Primary & Secondary, for up to four drives) and a Floppy connector.
                          Now I see it too.
                          My system
                          Boycott Starforce!
                          Wiederstand ist zwecklos! Ihr Assis werdet miliert!

Comment

Your onboard graphics card takes some memory too..

And it takes it from your RAM... tough luck I would call it =)

Comment

Working...
                            X