Clear All

• DT 3.47.0 Invalid Device after ASPI Update

Windows XP SP1
    Norton Internet Security 2006
    Nero 6
    Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5
    Daemon Tools 3.47.0
    ----------------------------------

I use DT for a long.. long time and never have any problems with.
    Yesturday I update the ASPI from v 4.60 into the v4.71.2 and since that.. BUMPS...
    When Bootup finish it pop-up me screen:
    ------------------
    'Daemon Tools
    Invalid Device'
    ------------------
    This same screen pop-up when trying to open the DT and this is endless.
    I conduct as well search on this forum with hope to get the answer and fix this problem but didn't find any solution to cure this trouble.
    I use as well the "REPAIR" option build in DT.. Reboot.. and nothing change.
    =====================================
    I use the ASPIchk.exe to checks and got this:
    1. ASPI32.sys - ver 4.71.2
    2. WOWPOST.exe - ver 4.6 (1021)
    3. WINASPI.dll - ver 4.6 (1021)
    4. WINASPI32.dll - ver 4.71.2

** ASPI is properly installed and fully operational.
    =====================================

I check with Microsoft about the ASPI and it state that Windows XP have only:
    1. ASPI32.sys
    2. WINASPI32.dll
    above installed into Windows\System\ directory.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Before Update I check and find that there was missing
    =>> WOWPOST.exe file
    but Microsoft state to ignore because is depend on current System and this make shows as missed.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Badly need Help or any clue how to solve this problem!
    The DT v3.47.0 was working pretty nice before and want to continue to stay with.

Thanks in advance for any Help!
    Best regards...

Finally decide to get the DT uninstalled but after that got instant at boot msg: "Error - Uninstalled!" - pop-in at every boot-ups endless..
    It sound strange again.. next use the JV16 Power Tools and Search, Delete, Clean and Optimize the Registry.
    There was find a bunch of crap sitting here and use the 'RUN' at boot.. so no wonder the strange msg to appear.
    Next Clean all Tracks on Hard Drives, check the Empty Minidumb as well.. several times Re-Boot then begin to Re-Install the DT 3.47.0

The installation at thre time attempts was not able to finish and ask try again!
    Well.. finally I find that I was too quick with the clickin and the DT in the middle was checkin existence of all drives include Floppy and the floppy was the reason to intercept the installation.

Anyway.. got finally installed and works the same perfect way as I have before for years.. and finish a coupe of my remain to burn images.

DT are a great tools at all.. now wait for the latest DT Pro 4 release.
    Best regards...

Comment

Glad you got it working

Glad you got it working. My solution would have been to uninstall and then reinstall instead of using the Repair option.

p.s. I recommend Adaptec ASPI v4.60 rather than v4.71.2
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
        Glad you got it working. My solution would have been to uninstall and then reinstall instead of using the Repair option.

p.s. I recommend Adaptec ASPI v4.60 rather than v4.71.2
        Well I just missed to mention that I start with the 'Repair' Option for a four times with hope something got fix..
        Unfortunately in my case the 'Repair' doesn't works beside that call for re-boot (nothings change).

About the sugestion to go with the ASPI v4.60 instant of the current I have v4.71.2 - don't know what to say.
        Before I start the Update.. I read from Board Posted sugestion to Update into ASPI v4.71.2... so following this advice I got in the trouble lines.

Wonder what do you mind about the stay with v4.60..
        is there a more support or less bugs?

But so far the current installed v4.71.2 works quiet well and doesn't show any side affects.

Thanks for respond!
        Best regards...

Comment

Working...
        X