Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackMania Sunrise Extreme - Starforce Issue

Hi.

I purchased Trackmania Sunrise and can play it from the CD just fine. I made an image of the game with Alcohol 120% using the Starforce v2/v3 profile, and I can use the image to install perfectly fine. I then upgraded Trackmania Sunrise to Extreme, which as I understand also upgrades the Starforce version to 3.6.

However, when I mount the image in Daemon Tools v4.03 (x86) and use Starforce Nightmare to disable ATA, the disc scanner sits there for about 5 minutes before producing the error "Failed to identify the disc in the drive. Insert a licensed disc.".

I have a Gigabyte NForce2 motherboard (GA-7N400Pro2) with my two WD2000JB hard drives running from the onboard RAID controller, and only a Pioneer DVR-110D on the onboard IDE, so disabling ATA in Starforce Nightmare has no effect on my hard drives, only the DVDRW.

Is there anything I am doing wrong? Even without upgrading Trackmania Sunrise, using a base install, it will not work.

The StarForce driver interferes with Alcohol's DPM process, rendering the images invalid. You need to uninstall the SF driver before creating the image, then the image should be good. The driver will be reinstalled next time you start the game.

It won't work with TM:S eXtreme though because SF 3.6 finds optical IDE drives even though they're hidden with SFN or similar software tools.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
    X