X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mounting vcd dat file

New user, please help!
    I am not sure DT is what I need.
    Copying VCD with .DAT file. I was told to convert .DAT file to iso, or mpg or cue files using isobuster.
    DT will not mount any of the files.
    Thanks

.DAT and isobuster

Doom9 is the website where you should really seek help. But here it goes:

I'm trying to remember off the top of my head so don't get upset wrong if I don't word things correctly.

Use Nero and virtually burn the .dat file to an image file on the hard disk (under the choose recorder menu choose image recorder) in a simple ISO compilation. Mount the created nero image file in DAEMON Tools. Then use ISObuster to open the DAEMON Tools virtual drive and locate the .DAT file within ISObuster then right click the .DAT file and click extract but filter all but M2F2 frames. Save this into a .MPG file onto your hard disk. You can then proceed with other programs to deal with this MPEG file (it may not be standards compliant at this point in conversion). It should be an MPEG-1 VCD or MPEG-2 SVCD file.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

vcd dat file

Thanks for helping!
      The vcd is a copy protected foreign movie which is not available in the market.
      When I load the vcd, Nero will shut down. Nero will not copy.
      I just try to make a backup for this vcd.
      Let me know if you have any suggestion.
      Thanks

Comment

Re: .DAT and isobuster

I've never heard of a copy protected VCD or SVCD. I guess this format was popular before DVDs and CD burners were being used.

Originally Posted by Tomc
        When I load the vcd, Nero will shut down.
        If you don't need to change the video encoding, just make a backup copy of the disc with some other software then (you must not have followed my instructions if you say Nero closes/shuts down, I said add the .DAT file into a normal ISO compilation, not choose Nero... CD Copy or New... Video CD or New... Super Video CD). If you are going to skip the method I wrote about above and want to just make a whole disc copy other software you should try would be CloneCD or BlindWrite or Alcohol 120%.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
        X