Running 2 Versions Side By Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running 2 Versions Side By Side

Hey i was just wondering if it is somehow possible to have Deamon tools 3.29 and Daemon tools v4 running side by side on the same computer. the reason for this is because the dream cast emu i use requires that i use daemon tools 3.29 for some games to work while i need v4 for my other games such as splinter cell chaos theory. so i was wondering if there is a way to keep both versions on my comp instead of having to uninstall and reinstall them when ever i want to play a game?

No, v4.0x and v3.x (and earlier versions) are not compatible, thus if v4.0x is installed error 25057 will be caused during installation of v3.x (and earlier versions).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

oh ok thanks. is it possible to get deamon tools v4 to work with this game its a cdi image and the name of the game is street fightter 3rd strike

Comment

Re-create the image, e.g. in Alcohol's mds/mdf format, and mount the new image then.
        Unfortunately the cdi-image format was changed, and only the newest file format is supported.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I've heard of people mounting images in Alcohol and using DAEMON Tools 4 at the same time.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
          X