No announcement yet.

Command line only: Unable to mount image. Unable to open file in kernel mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command line only: Unable to mount image. Unable to open file in kernel mode

Operating System: Windows 2000 SP4
    Anti-virus Software: None

I have a fresh win 2k sp4 installation. I can mount/unmount images using version 3.47, 4.0, or 4.03-x86 using the taskbar icon, but from the command line I get the "unable to mount image..." error message from 4.x. Command line works just fine with 3.47. The image being mounted doesn't have any copy protection.

I realize this error appears numerous times in the forum, but I couldn't find one that seemed to match my situation. The closest was: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/show...ht=kernel+mode
    but I have SP4, and I tried the DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES hack, and I have none.

Re: command line

Check for extra spaces and post your entire command line here verbatim. You could try using 8.3 short (aka DOS style) filenames if your're trying to mount a file with a long name or that is many directories deep.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I have a win 2k sp2 installation and the same Problem: Command line works fine only with V 3.47 - none of the other versions!
      I tried with long and short filenames - makes no difference.

commandline:
      c:\Programme\DAEMON Tools>"C:\Programme\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0,"c:\Reinh.ISO"

response:
      "Unable to mount image. Unable to open file in kernel mode."

Comment

Hi i have the same error message. im on windows xp and sp2 and virtual daemon manager v4 03 he. can anyone help me???

Comment

Solution

used DaemonScript for mount image
          sorry, i not whriter english, i spanish

Comment

Originally Posted by habibi
            I have a win 2k sp2 installation and the same Problem: Command line works fine only with V 3.47 - none of the other versions!
            I tried with long and short filenames - makes no difference.

commandline:
            c:\Programme\DAEMON Tools>"C:\Programme\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0,"c:\Reinh.ISO"

response:
            "Unable to mount image. Unable to open file in kernel mode."
            First deaktivate the secure mode, then try it this way:

Code:
            CD C:\Programme\DAEMON Tools\
            START daemon.exe -mount 0, "C:\Reinh.ISO"
            Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

That's an interesting way of doing it. BTW there cannot be a space after the 0 and the comma.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Uppercase Drive-Letters in Commandline

Thank you for your help. I tried the commandline you sent and it works. And it is because of the uppercase C:\ instead of c:\. Now, as I use a batch

start daemon.exe -unmount 0
                START daemon.exe -mount 0, "%1"

there is no uppercase C:\ sent to the commandline. It is lowercase c:\!

This batch is a workaround to drag'n'drop the iso-files I want to load. What else could I use instead?

Comment

Working...
                X