Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Theft Auto: Vice City freezes

Operating System: Windows XP Home SP2
    Burning Software: Blindwrite and Alcohol 120% (Both the most recent from the website
    Anti-virus Software: Microsoft Antispyware and Norton Anti-Virus (Norton is expired)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 4.03HE

Hi, guys. I've had GTA: VC for about 2 years now. I've tried making backup images of the game using Blindwrite and Daemon-Tools, successfully. However, I've noticed that at random intervals, the game will freeze, rendering my computer useless. I am forced to restart using my actual computer's power button, and this upsets me. I've tried using Alcohol 120% like many of you have suggested to make a SecuRom 4.x .mds/.md5 file, but Daemon-tools won't accept it for some odd reason. Just as an FYI, I also have Call of Duty (The first one), burnt as a .iso and GTA III burnt as a .B5T (the same as my GTA VC image).

Freezing at random intervals can be caused by heat problems, have you looked into this? Moving your computer away from any heat sources, opening up your case,... See if it gets better that way
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I know that, however it only happens with this game. I burned an image of Call of Duty (the first one) and GTA III successfully, and neither of them freeze, so wjat else could be the problem?

Comment

Working...
      X