No sound after installed DT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sound after installed DT4

Hi, I just get a Dell D5150 desktop PC, it working great. But after installed the DT4, there are no sound (even the sound volumn icon in systray also disappear)

The sound card is built-in sigmatel AC97. I try to re-install the driver but it's still no sound even the drive is "working correctly".

Now, I un-install the DT4 but the sound does not come back. Please help

* Note, I don't have any erro message or blue screen, the virtual drive and my DVD drive working fine also.

Try to rename sptd.sys (in Windows\System32\Drivers directory) and reboot - check and report if it helps.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

No, it doesn't happend any after i rename the file & reboot my PC. I even try to re-install the audio driver again but it still don't work.

* I already uninstall the DT4

Comment

Originally Posted by wisley
        No, it doesn't happend any after i rename the file & reboot my PC. I even try to re-install the audio driver again but it still don't work.

* I already uninstall the DT4
        Could it be that the onboard sound is defect?
        My system
        Boycott Starforce!
        Wiederstand ist zwecklos! Ihr Assis werdet miliert!

Comment

Originally Posted by vatras90
          Could it be that the onboard sound is defect?
          I don't think so, the WinXP still can detect the onboard sound even I delete the driver. And the driver setup also can detect the onboard sound while I re-install the driver.

The strange thing is device manager so everything working fine, but my sound is gone

Comment

I don't think so, the WinXP still can detect the onboard sound even I delete the driver. And the driver setup also can detect the onboard sound while I re-install the driver.

The strange thing is device manager so everything working fine, but my sound is gone
            It could be defect even the device manager sais that it's ok. I see no reason why d-tools could damage the onboard-sound drivers.
            My system
            Boycott Starforce!
            Wiederstand ist zwecklos! Ihr Assis werdet miliert!

Comment

FWIW.. the other day I was mounting some ISO's using DT4 and at some point I went to do something I always have done and I got a message that I needed ADMIN authority to do it.

This got me suspicious because I had ADMIN authority so I logged off and on the login screen there were about 6 user accounts tht I never saw before. They looked to be from some system type programs I use.

So at this point I did a reboot. Well,,,, I got hung up on SPTD.SYS at the boot screen. This hang is not new to me. I got it a few times since using DT4.

Knowing what to do I succeeded in booting into Windows only to get the message that I needed to reactivate Windows. I probably could have reactivated Windows but there was no reason that I should be getting this message and was concerned that other problems were lurking. So I eventually did a restore of a Ghost image I took the day before. System booted with no problems. btw, a System Restore didn't help as well as a full restore of all the hives I took that morning before the problem. Only a full image restore fixed the problem.

My point here is that DT4 could indeed be the cause. It is possible that there is some kind of conflict with DT4 on my system as well as yours. If you can go 'back in time' before the problem then that might be your only way to fix it. Of course reinstalling Windows is another way.
              Last edited by streetwolf; 06.02.2006, 17:46.

Comment

I still can't figure out why my PC's sound was gone after installed DT4.

However, I try to 'repair' my WinXP with the installation CD. I able to get my sound with DT4 installed. Thank you for everybody help. I believe it should be 1 of the process taking over the control of sound device driver so that I can use the sound feature even the driver is installed properly.

Comment

I still can't figure out why my PC's sound was gone after installed DT4.

However, I try to 'repair' my WinXP with the installation CD. I able to get my sound with DT4 installed. Thank you for everybody help. I believe it should be 1 of the process taking over the control of sound device driver so that I can use the sound feature even the driver is installed properly.

Not sure if this will help, but I had a similar issue with Sigmatel audio not being recognized with XP Pro after upgrading from Media Center edition. I had a Dell E510.

I had to go to BIOS (F2 at startup), and Onboard Devices, and make sure Integrated Audio was ON.
                  I also know windows didn't recognize it until i installed Service Pack 2. Then i used the drivers on support.dell.com and worked out fine.

Sorry if this is off-topic, just trying to throw some info out there. I myself was stuck in this situation for about a week.
                  Figured this might help or at least throw some light on the situation.

Comment

Working...
                  X