Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global Software Activation Solution ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Software Activation Solution ????

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
    Last edited by ß; 20.07.2006, 10:57.

50 people order the exact same dell system online. they get sent out. to make it simpler they all use the phone activation for xp to not bring up ip adress issues now. so the hardware is identical in all but serial numbers. if some software would make all other software that query the hardware show all hardware serials as 000000-000000 or whatever the sequence what then ??? will only the 1st user be activated and all the rest be told the hardware is already registered ?
    Although you order EXACT the same system, it's not completely the same.

If you look into the windows registry, you'll find a registry key for the hardware, with the VendorID etc.
    There is a so called "ParentIdPrefix". It is different from system to system.

I have two computers, both have the same video card (GeForce 6600) and all is the same: VendorID, SubSys, DeviceID etc... but only the ParentIdPrefix is different... It is different for all of my 3 systems. All of them have the same video card, the same board...
    You see... the same is not really the same.

Comment

To my knowledge all big compagnies like Dell have activation solutions and you don't need to activate...
      Then the ethernet controller as a unique number: MAC. That why you can't have the same number for activation on two differents pc.

Comment

TCPA will put a spoke in your wheels.
        The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nemerov
          TCPA will put a spoke in your wheels.
          ...until people crack it a week later

Comment

I hope this never happens, i prefer that dt team thinks how make better dt and not how remake the "serial" system.
            Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

Working...
            X