Making a perfect image, Trackmania Sunrise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a perfect image, Trackmania Sunrise

So, to make sure I have this straight...

If I don't have any IDE CD/DVD drives connected, use only DTools, and mount an image of the game in Alcohol in dtools 4, the games should run, right?

For both Trackmania Sunrise and Trackmania Original (uses the Trackmania game disc, but surely has a newer version of Starforce than vanilla TM1), I get disc identification errors.

The images are made with the StarForce 1/2/3 profile, DPM both normal and high, and no go.

Oh, and yeah, they were made on a different machine that has the SF drivers removed.
    Last edited by Tain; 10.02.2006, 01:46.

If your optical drives are removed, you have the latest version of Daemon Tools installed and created the image with the latest version of Alcohol 120% on a machine without StarForce drivers, you've done everything right.

It's possible that your drive is unable to properly extract DPM data, what drive are you using to create the images?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Hm, didn't think of that.

I've been using a Pioneer DVDRW DVR-K15 laptop drive. I'll remove the SF drivers on my desktop and try making 'em in my khypermedia 8x DVD+R drive.

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
        If your optical drives are removed, you have the latest version of Daemon Tools installed and created the image with the latest version of Alcohol 120% on a machine without StarForce drivers, you've done everything right.
        What's next? Wear a biohazard suit too? Be a rocket scientist?
        Tear down our PCs?

Come on peope... there must be an easier way...

Comment

I think it's easy, but you can manage it easier by having a NForce board for example. There you only have to deactivate your drives if you are lucky.
          If you buy Daemon-Tools you'll get the DT 4 with vIDE.
          This will be released soon and with it you can play Starforce games without unplugging your drives.
          The DT Pro will also be able to create image files.
          I can play Trackmania Sunrise (without extreme add-on) by deactivating my seconndary ide-channel using Starforce nightmare or by unplugging the drives. For newer SF games the only way is to unplug your drives (if you havn't got a Nfore board or a ide-controller which can be deactivated).
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I got it working, Extreme and all.

Turns out that both my desktop and laptop drives weren't making good images, so I gave it a shot on a friend's. Works perfectly without optical drives attatched.

I might grab a cheap IDE-USB cable or something. Or just wait for dtools IDE and pay for that.

Comment

Working...
            X