• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Challenge/Winter Sports - 2006

I have been trying to play this game.

One of the threads says that this game works if:
    " Works as Image, in D-Tools 4.03 without IDE drives. "

I do not understand what they mean by works as image, or how i disable IDE drives.

Help would be much appreciated.

You need to find out which copy protection the game uses (google for A-Ray scanner), choose the right profile in Alcohol 120%, create the image with it. Then shut down your computer, unplug your optical IDE drives' power cable, power on your computer again and mount the image. Then you should be good to go.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Just saw on NFOrce that WC is now available for use without the need for DT4. Has SF finally been defeated?

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
        You need to find out which copy protection the game uses (google for A-Ray scanner), choose the right profile in Alcohol 120%, create the image with it. Then shut down your computer, unplug your optical IDE drives' power cable, power on your computer again and mount the image. Then you should be good to go.
        Unfortunately, because of the way my system is placed in the desk, i cannot do that. It's quite literaly in the desk, and the top drawer blocks it from coming out. Of course i can take it out since i got it in, but doing it every time for a game is obscene.

The protection is 3.7.

Comment

I agree that would be too much of a hassle for getting a game to run. However, there is no other way (I know of, at least) to get StarForce 3.7 running from a virtual SCSI drive.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
          X