SPTD and NForce Raid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD and NForce Raid

I have searched through this forums for a solution and as far as I can tell there are two distinct problems. One is the BSOD problem to which there is a solution posted. The other however has no solution as of yet. The problem has the folowing simptoms:
    After installing SPTD the system will hang during boot just before the login screen should apear. It does not matter if you installed DT or not, as long as there is the sotd layer installed this will happen. I have however managed to boot only once from time to time (after a little driver messing) but no more than once!

The event viewer logs a service could not load "sptd" error!

I suspect the whole thing has something to do with NForce IDE or RAID driver since disconnecting my PATA drives seems to fix this. This however is not a viable solution! I also suspect this because of the previous RAID problems that DT had. I can not test the system without the NForce drivers since my system is on a SATA RAID(0) drive! It is however worth investigating in my opinion! The interesting this about this problem is also that I can boot to safe mode without any problems!

So to get to my question for the admins ... Is this helpfull and have you posibly figured out what the problem is and have a viable solution?

Please no BSOD and reboot problems here since they apear to be coused by something else!

Thanks!

AMD 3500+ 64bit
    gigabyte ga-k8nf-9 ultra
    2x 256MB DDR 400 in dual channel mode
    2x wd 250GB sata2 16MB cache on Nvidia SATA RAID (on-board)
    2x wd 120GB PATA drives (on RAID or not when they are connected it won't boot)
    Win XP pro SP2
    drivers: nForce4 AMD Edition - Windows XP/2000 (32-Bit)
    Version: 6.70
    Release Date: October 26, 2005
    WHQL Certified
    (oh by the way the legacy PATA IDE driver is not WHQL certified but the problem appears with or without it)
    DT 4.03

Some more info on the event entry:

Source: Service Control Manager
    Category: None
    Type: Error
    Event ID: 7026

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: sptd

I would appreciate any to thoughts on this!

Thank you

Comment

I am having this exact problem, did you resolve it?

Windows XP

Comment

That depends how you look at it.
        In Windows XP 32bit I found no solution. Even went and changed the mobo for an identical one but it dod not help.

I found out however that the problem doesn't appear in windows xp x64 and x64 daemon tools. So if you have the option of switching to x64 and don't need to use some unsupported hardware I would sugest doing so.
        A word of caution though. There is still a lot of hardware that doesn't have x64 drivers. In my case it was the logitech camera (it has been in development for over a year now and still no word) and samsung mobile phone software.

Good luck!

Comment

Nope, x64 got the problem too

Title says it all...
          I will make a post in another thread giving as much info as I can about the problem under my WinXP x64 system...

Comment

am sure you need the raid but dont you have any sata drives and try to disable the raid card on the bios??
            i think am not sure it might work a friend of mine got a similar problme
            again i know you sure use the raid function on the mobo
            but still just thaught to give it a try
            Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
            MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

Working...
            X