PDA

View Full Version : im a newbie that gets insert cd1

fbruno
11.02.2006, 18:30
im a newbie here and im trying to understand how this works. i tried going to the manual, but that seems to be a bad link. i have the latewt version of DT and clonecd. id like to be able to play from a badkup cd. looks like i have successfully copied the 3 cd's from my game (doom3) after mounting with DT and using clonecd. but when i try to play with my backed up cd#1, doom3 doesnt start and tells me to insert cd #1. i dont get it. if i am in the wrong forum, i apologize. please direct me if i am. if i am in the right forum, please help on what i could have done wrong. thanks

AnalCobra
11.02.2006, 21:08
First yor manual:
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/daemonhelp.php

I recommend not to use CloneCD because it's a bit outdated (no DPM support, only with twinpeak) and blacklisted by many protections.
I would deinstall CloneCD and use Alcohol 120% (www.alcohol-software.com) or Blindwrite.
To get working images you just have to start the image assistent of Alcohol and choose the Safedisk 2/3 profile.
The reading process may take long time, that's normal for Safedisk protected games.
After you got your images with Alcohol use Daemon-Tools or Alcohol for mounting them.

fbruno
11.02.2006, 23:18
ok, i will try that. but here is my issue. normally i mount first and then use clonecd (with the protected game setting) to make backup copies onto cd. is this wrong. id like to get good working backups. thanks

AnalCobra
12.02.2006, 01:40
To get good working backups the best tool is Alcohol 120%.
You can scan the protection of the cd you want to copy with A-Ray Scanner or look into the database, then you know it's protection.
Just choose the profile of Alcohol for this protection and you'll get a good image.
Some protections need some extra tools to get the games working, for this see this thread.

fbruno
16.02.2006, 03:35
thanks everyone for all your help. great forum