Mount ISO in filesystem folder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount ISO in filesystem folder?

OK, a NOOB here (though I've been using Daemontools for a while) so please excuse if this has been beaten to death but I can't find it.

DT only seems to be able to mount ISOs to drive letters. While this is cool I really need to be able to mount them as folders in the file system. This seems a real fundamental capability to me but I can't see that DT can do it nor can I find anything else that does under Windows.

So am I missing the capability? Is it already there? If not, why not? And, if not, can it be?

Simly you can't assign a path to a cdrom in windows, so what you're trying to di in NOT a dt limit.

If you really need it, why don't you simply extract files from the iso (with WinIso or UltraIso) and copy it in the folder you want?!

Comment

If you're using Win 2K or XP and your hard drive is formatted with NTFS you can use the Disk Management MMC snap-in to map a CD-ROM drive (actually any drive) to a folder on the hard drives filesystem.

This is done in the same place as where you can assign specific drive letters to a device:

Administrative Tools\Computer Management

Select tthe "Disk Management" item in the tree view, select the CD-ROM device that DT created, then use the following menu choices:

Action\All Tasks\Change Drive Letter and Paths...

Comment

Working...
      X