Trouble with Battlefront II securom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Battlefront II securom!

I am trying to run Battlefront II with a mounted image in Daemon tools, I have the image mounted and all that, the game starts up witht the start screen and it asks if I want to register, but then it looks like its going to work and then I get "please insert the original disc instead of a back up" and it says somethign about securom. What am i supposed to do? I've tried disableing the opitcal drives and whatnot, but I'm not sure if i did it right. And Ive also tried to use SR7stop and still no luck, it says there is nothing to hide. What can I do? sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new to this board.

Then you used sr7stop 1.0, this version is for DT 3.47 not for 4. Download the new version of sr7stop (1.2) or us CureROM:
    cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_8.shtml
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

and it should work after that?

Comment

I normally disable the IDE Channel which is connected with my DVD Drive only. This works perfectly.
        sr7stop or CureRo will work also

Comment

By the way, DS_FREEK, please do not double post. The forums are moderated which is why your posts do not show up immediately.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Sry Netsoerfer, I noticed that after I did a little reading.
            And to everyone trying to help me here, I have used cureROM and the newer SR7.stop and I still can't get by the "please insert the original disc instead of a backup. Does this mean I made an incorrect image of the disc? Should I use Alcohol 120% to make a new image and try agagin or try a different method all together?

Comment

Well if you didn't use Alcohol 120% in the first place, that would be your problem.

Load Alcohol 120% and select "Securom *New (4.x/5.x)" as your data type...

Then use one of the above mentioned apps to hide you virtual drives... gl...
              Mail:
              curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

if this doesnt work make an new image and try it again but SR7stop works always
                I bring MVP's to there knees any mothafucka wanna PVP with me

Comment

Working...
                X