starcraft mini image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starcraft mini image?

I am attempting to make a mini image of Starcraft: Broodwar, and so far haven't had much success. I own the original cds, but don't want to play with the discs, and a full image takes up way too much space on my hard-drive.

I know that SC doesn't use copy protection, but I think it checks the disc for certain files and when I delete files out of the image, it won't run.

Can anyone help me make a mini-image for sc?

I think the game actually needs to access data during runtime. I place my money on it not being possible.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

ghost-, please do not double post. The forums are moderated which is why your posts do not show up immediately.
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

what you should try and do is... what ever files you remove from the image, replace them with a dummy file... eg: You remove ''StraCraftFile01.mpq" from the disc... create a new text document and give it the same name as the file you removed/deleted... (ps: make sure you have show file extentions on)... add this file to the image... try it it sometimes works...

If the game checks for file sizes, google for a tool called "MIR" or "Mini Image Ripper" this will also work the output file will be approx... 25MB...
        Mail:
        curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
          ghost-, please do not double post. The forums are moderated which is why your posts do not show up immediately.
          sorry about that, I had a bunch of websites open trying to find a solution to this, plus different software and when I didn't see my original thread come up I figured that I had accidently closed the window without posting it.

Originally Posted by sYk0
          what you should try and do is... what ever files you remove from the image, replace them with a dummy file... eg: You remove ''StraCraftFile01.mpq" from the disc... create a new text document and give it the same name as the file you removed/deleted... (ps: make sure you have show file extentions on)... add this file to the image... try it it sometimes works...

If the game checks for file sizes, google for a tool called "MIR" or "Mini Image Ripper" this will also work the output file will be approx... 25MB...

I tried replacing the largest file on there[500 something megs] with that method beforehand and it didn't work .

I will check out that program though, and come back with the results. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X