Suggestion for SPTD.SYS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for SPTD.SYS

hey guys, ive been lookin into this whole issue of the SPTD.SYS driver and the error that most ppl are gettin, and was wonderin, can you try and NOT load it with all the other drivers when windows loads? And make it a service or something along those lines and start it manually when DT loads? Thanks guys. Keep up the great work. Major fan.

That's not possible, because that would remove certain advantages of sptd layer.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

why/how? what if you made a seperate file/driver dedicated to DT, based on SPTD.SYS? from what I can see, the way that SPTD.SYS driver is loaded is the MAJOR issue here. its got NOTHING to with coding, just the way that it is loaded.

Comment

This is true.
        I've been doing a scan of my system and came across the mysterious sptd.sys file - the initial reason for finding it is that it is configured to be the absolute very first driver to load when the system starts - this is unnecessary and can easily lead to system instability if the driver has not been written correctly.
        Apart from the issues that other people have been posting, the fact that the driver file itself does not contain any version information indicates corners have been cut while coding. Not good.

Comment

If you guys still monitor what is goning on in these forums, could you please test for a different way to load this driver.

Comment

Working...
          X