Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Virtual Drives, system file not available.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Virtual Drives, system file not available.

Hi,
    I'm having problems running Daemon Tools 4.03 on my computer. When I install the program, it installs fine, but as soon as it starts to create virtual drives the computer asks for a missing driver.
    The message is the usual windows driver required window with this message:
    'The file 'vcsmpdrv.sys' on H+H Virtual CD Driver Disk is needed.'
    I've searched the internet and I have come up with nothing. Can anyone help me?!
    I've got daemon tools 4.03 working on my other desktop computer running Windows XP Pro SP2, its working on my laptop using Windows XP Home SP2 but it will not work on this computer which is Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005. I have included both the basic specs of my desktop computers at the end for reference, if I miss anything you need just let me know!
    I have Alcohol 120% installed on all machines and it works fine, so at the moment I'm getting away with mounting my images with that, but Daemon Tools is so much better!
    Please help me if you can!

--- Desktop 1 - Custom Built --- (Working)
    O/S: Windows XP Professional with SP2
    M/B: Asus A7N8X Deluxe
    CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3200+
    RAM: 1GB DDR333
    GFX: MSI Geforce TI4800SE VTD 128MB
    S/C: Creative Audigy ZS 2

--- Desktop 2 - Packard Bell Imedia 1804 --- (Not Working)
    O/S: Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005 with SP2
    M/B: Gigabyte GA-8I915PM
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 530 (3.0ghz, 800mhz, 1mb) with HT
    RAM: 1GB DDR400
    GFX: Asus Radeon X300 PCI-X 256MB

Daemon Tools does not require that driver (btw is it vcsmpdrv.sys or vcdmpdrv.sys?).
    The message 'The file 'vcsmpdrv.sys' on H+H Virtual CD Driver Disk is needed.' points to H+H Virtual CD Driver Disk - seems it wants to install some driver for the virtual device. Daemon Tools virtual devices just need the normal Windows drivers cdrom.sys, storprop.dll and redbook.sys.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Its the 'vcsmpdrv.sys' one that it asks for.
      Ive searched the internet and I cant find anything about it.
      I'm going to try installing an older version of daemon tools, 3.47 i think, see if that works. At least that might be one step further.
      I'll write my results on here as soon as I have them.

Comment

Right, I installed version 3.47, installed ok but half way through came up about a driver, dunno which one cos I didn't pay attention, but it completed the installation anyway and it worked fine. I noticed though that a new device had been installed under the 'SCSI and RAID controllers' menu int he device manager.
        As 3.47 worked fine, I decided to uninstall it and try installing version 4.03HE again jsut to see if version 3.47 left a trace of the driver it was wanting. I got the same problem again, but I decided to just give it one of the windows drivers that you stated, renaming them to what it wanted.
        I used the redbook.sys driver from the system32 folder, copied it to my desktop then renamed it to the filename it was after. I then told it to use that driver, it came up about the digital signature stuff and I jsut clicked accept, it then came up again and I clicked accept again.
        Then daemon tools loaded, and everything seems to be fine! Ive disabled all drives, then added 4, then removed 3 and had only one then removed them all again and then created one, it worked perfectly! Ive also changed the drive letters and it all seems ok.
        I've just checked and it mounts images ok and I can load my games using the mounted image. I haven't had a chance to check any images requiring a 3rd party tool (sd4hide etc) but if there is a problem I'll get back and let you all know.
        Thanks alot for your help Copytrooper!!! without you I could not have had this beautiful program working! Thanks again!!!

Comment

Working...
        X