Won't show in my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't show in my computer

I've been using daemon tools for a while now, and I am very pleased with the software.
    Unfortunately, I have come across a problem...when installing it on a friend's machine the prog installs fine, but there is no drive letter assigned to the virtual drive. It does not show up in my computer either.
    I have seen this topic in another posting where you recommended changing the driver for the physical cd rom drive - I tried this, but it didn't work.
    The machine is a Packard Bell (aaarghhh) with a CD/DVD combi. I have had it running on this machine before, but after reinstalling Windows it doesn't want to.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

TSM

Click start, run, type compmgmt.msc, click ok. Goto disk managment. From here you can change drive letters by right-clicking on a drive. You can also change daemon's drive letter by right-click virtual drive, then going to set device parameters.

Comment

Thanls for the response, but I already tried that. I can't assign a drive letter either by using D-tools or admin tools. I tried changing the letter of the physical drive as well, thinking that the virtual drive might be trying to use the same one, but no difference.
      If I mount an image, it does not autoplay and is not accessible. When I try to unmount it, it says "drive locked"

Thanks in advance,

TSM

Comment

Working...
      X