Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consistent reboots after updating D-Tools

Hi,

I noticed several other threads with similar problems to mine, but none of them offered a solution that worked, so I figured I'd post this separately.

I'm running WinXP SP1. I had Daemon-Tools 3.29 previously installed, and noticed that 3.33 was out. I installed it, but shortly after it finished my computer restarted automatically. I didn't realize what caused it at first, so I started up Daemon-Tools again, although it said something about lacking language support, so I tried to reinstall it. This caused my computer to reboot yet again. This time, however, it rebooted almost instantly upon reentering Windows.

I tried safe mode and all of the variants offered, and my computer still keeps rebooting immediately after starting up Windows. This makes it impossible for me to remove Daemon-Tools. I even tried switching my hard drives around, but it had no effect.

I saw some suggestions about turning off auto-reboot on a blue screen. I haven't seen these blue screens, although it could be because of the auto-reboot. However, I saw no option in my BIOS to disable it (I have an IT7-MAX motherboard). I also saw some stuff about complications with gameports...I have a SB Audigy, I suppose I could try removing the card and starting up. There is no option in the bios to disable a gameport, though, since no gameport is built into the board.

Anyways, if you can help me at all, that would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Did you use any registry cleaners?
    Btw the automatic reboot "feature" is an option of OS, not BIOS - unfortunately I canґt tell where to find it in the eXPerimental OS.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Windows XP lets you specify how the OS handles critical errors. To change this setting, select Start > Control Panel > Settings > System (in the Classic-style Start menu, Control Panel is under Settings). Click Advanced > System And Recovery > Settings. In the System Failure section, clear the Automatically Restart check box, then click OK.
      taken from CNet
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by Sergei.Gradski
        Windows XP lets you specify how the OS handles critical errors. To change this setting, select Start > Control Panel > Settings > System (in the Classic-style Start menu, Control Panel is under Settings). Click Advanced > System And Recovery > Settings. In the System Failure section, clear the Automatically Restart check box, then click OK.
        taken from CNet
        Hmm...that would be good, but I can't stay in Windows long enough to do that. Also, I haven't used any registry cleaners.

I was thinking of booting off of another hard drive and then deleting the various files associated with Daemon Tools. If I do this, what files would I want to get rid of?

Comment

I joined here for this exact same reason. I don't see any connections either for why this version has a problem. I even reinstalled fresh last week and didn't have this problem before.

After a thousand(at least a hundred) reboots I was able to uninstall Dtools. Safe mode and doing a System Restore saved my ass twice.

Yes, I didn't learn my lesson the first time. So while I have no insights into this, or where to even begin, I just wanted to let everyone know all is not lost for uninstalling d-tools.

Now, where can I get an older version to try? I really really like d-tools.

Comment

I load up an older Version of Daemon Tools tomorrow, you'll find it in our downloadsection. Moreover, the new Version which is still in development shouldn't behave like actual Versions anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X