Weird problems with Star Wars: Empire at War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird problems with Star Wars: Empire at War

OK so I mount the image in DTv4. I get that emulation warning. I turn it off, and it says something like security module could not be found. CureRom doesn't work at all, I have no idea how to use it. Then I tried AntiBlaxx. Didn't work either. Then I tried rebooting. Then some of my drive letters changed! It now says it can't find my file, since the letter is changed.

Any way to change the letters back? After that, what should I do to get the game running? I need a detailed, step by step guide on what to do with CureRom, if that's how to do it, or a similar guide on another program that will run the game.

yeah i used to get a detection of virtual drive error, now i get the security module cannot be loaded error. How can i get around that?

Comment

No need to TRIPLE post!
      The forum is moderated!
      How did you create your image?
      Last edited by FordPrefect; 21.02.2006, 10:26.

Comment

I have purchased the game and i still get that problem.

how can i remove the virtual drive hiding software or remove it to make the game work again?

Comment

Originally Posted by Auxodium
          I have purchased the game and i still get that problem.

how can i remove the virtual drive hiding software or remove it to make the game work again?
          Rightklick on DT Tray Icon.

Virtual CD/DVD-ROM
          Set Number of Devices
          Disable

Then klick EXIT to Terminate the Programm,thats all.

Comment

no the problem still will not go away. i have followed that and still the security message comes up.

Comment

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that this forum was modded, so I thought there must have been a connection error or something, so I reposted.

Anyways, any way to switch the letters of my hard drives back? All my shortcuts don't work and there are errors since the file paths have changed, but I don't want to rechange and reinstall everything.

Comment

u can change them in the Control Panel afair...
                My sysProfile!

Comment

It's worked for me by latest CureROm only!!!

1) Download Empire at War CureRom profile from GCW
                  2) Download the latest CureRom software and install it.
                  3) If you have Alcohol 120% or Daemon tools on your computer, unmount all the images.
                  4) After install the latest CureRom software, create a profiles folder C:\Program Files\CureROM\Profiles. And copy mir-eaw.crp file into "profiles" folder.
                  5) Run CureRom software to create shortcut.
                  6) Check "Open an existing CureRom profile" in profile Options.
                  7) Application : C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\sweaw.exe
                  8) Checked CureROM Anti-Blacklist Measures (Enabled).
                  9) Select "Use Daemon Tools to mount my backup images" for Image Mounting Software.
                  10) With Backup Image: point to backup image (mds file).
                  11) Select 15seconds for backup image to load.
                  12) In Shortcut settings, select create shortcut on the desktop, click "next".
                  13) Click "save" and click "finish".

Good luck!!!!

Comment

I receive error "emulation software detected" when attempting this guide. A Question:
                    I unmount the image as per your instructions in daemon tools- does it matter that daemon tools is still running?

Comment

Uninstall CloneCD, use the AntisecuROM from the download section for antiblacklisting. Mount your image,start the AntisecuROM and choose the \GameData\sweaw.exe.
                      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

You need to unload daemon tool.

Comment

Working...
                        X