Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did the "support" for audio sample discs go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did the "support" for audio sample discs go.

I'm a musician and I often use sampler discs such as AKAI and EMU, Kurzweil etc etc...

When working in Windows I usually make an image of the disc for speedier access and mount it with DAEMON Tools.

The file system of the disc is not recognized by Windows without using an application like CDXtract.

This feature was great for me but since after DAEMON Tools v3.02, the images do not work anymore.

I can mount them just fine, but CDXtract can't read them anymore.

I like DAEMON Tools a lot and use it for games and applications as well but I would really like to be able to use my sampler images once again without having to use an old and very outdated version...

This is only problem of CDXtract, which cannot handle multiple CDROMs in system. You should try to reorder drive letters or temporarily disable other CDROMs.

Comment

If this is a CDXtract issue, how come CDXtract works just fine with DAEMON Tools 3.02 and earlier?

Comment

Please tell what is your configuration and what are drive letters and SCSI addresses of your CDROMs, what is your OS ans ASPI version.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
          Please tell what is your configuration and what are drive letters and SCSI addresses of your CDROMs, what is your OS ans ASPI version.
          Ugh, lots of info, hope I can provide it all.
          ASUS A7V133 (bios v1008a) w. onboard Promise RAID
          1 GB SDRAM PC-133 (also tried with 512 MB RAM)
          3 x IBM HD's (total space of 140 GB) all on regular IDE-ports
          CD-ROM Lite-On (on Promise controller)
          DVD-ROM Lite-On (on Promise controller)
          CD-RW Plextor 48/24/48A (on Promise controller)
          Win XP SP1 (same issue on Win 2000 though)
          ASPI v4.60 (1021)

I don't understand what you mean by SCSI adresses but I'll be happy to provide you with them if you tell me how to look them up.

Comment

Try to disable all your other CDROMS in Device Manager and reboot. Then tell me what happens

Comment

Nothing happens. CDXtract still doesn't see the images with any version of DAEMON Tools after 3.02 (tried 3.26 as well).
              3.02 still works fine though (with or without disabled CD-ROMs).

Comment

Ok, I'll check it again and mail you.

Comment

Working...
                X